Dana: UFC ending out-of-competition drug testing because we f---ed it up!!!

I guess it's a good thing for the UFC it's not the same "legal team" that will defend the anti-trust lawsuit.

Doesn't "out of competition" mean when a guy doesn't have an upcoming fight?
That's probably true actually.. This one was definitely not a normal test though, that's what I meant. Le was tested on fight night like they always do themselves in other countries but the test they caught him with was an extra random test.

the way I understand they will not do any random tests period, out of competition or leading up to a fight...what a joke.

as long as they support the commission more on it, then ok

taken from this link

yes, I know. Old news.

However, my point here is to discuss what they'll do instead.

Instead of performing the testing themselves, UFC will "give more money to athletic commissions to help fund additional testing."

IMO this is far better than having UFC do it. I don't have any problems with it.
Actually, they should have done this in the first place, instead of doing themselves!

Anyone disagrees??? if so, why?

well, the cung le thing was because it was in china or whatever.

people like reem and wand i bet were commission

Nice, now our athletes can get back on the roids and less injuries!!!

people comparing a tv show and man soap opera to the drug testing in an actual sanctioned sport. love it sherdog

Who cares? They didn't have to do it in the first place, it's up to government regulatory agencies anyway. I love all the people bitching about it though.

UFC got this right as it's a conflict of interest plus the results should be independent of the company.

You know sometimes your girlfriend or somebody will ask you to do something for them, and you purposely do a bad job, hoping never to be asked again..

Oh, you mean like what a shitty friend/boyfriend/husband would do? No, I don't know about that, because I'm not a shitty person.

or it's a valid excuse to stop potentially messing up fight cards.

I dont understand what the "fuck up" is. I'd like a better explanation. I think the majority of fans & fighters really really wanted this.

I dont understand what the "fuck up" is. I'd like a better explanation. I think the majority of fans & fighters really really wanted this.

the Cung Le fiasco.

So people comming back from long layoffs looking like the Hulk? Sure, why not.

Back