• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana: "I think we do the rematch". Strickland: 'UFC won't let me pick opponent'

interesting?

fucking dummy

not another champ-rematch shit for the love of god, not when we have the entire division WAITING

if they do this, omg what a bunch of retards

Let's be real guys... Strickland was an angel on the mic after winning compared to Kape and the Buffalo man

Izzy v Whittaker. Redemption fight for both.

Rematch would be shitty

interesting?

fucking dummy

not another champ-rematch shit for the love of god, not when we have the entire division WAITING

if they do this, omg what a bunch of retards
Retarded backwards ass Dana is literally the only one saying this. Even media members disagree. The fight wasn't close.

Rematch is deserved, it’s refreshing to have a champ willing to fight so frequently. The more you fight, the greater the risk of losing.

If he loses again. Another rematch.

Just keep running it back till Izzy gets lucky AKA Alex rematch then call it a day and keep izzy as champ.

Rematch is deserved, it’s refreshing to have a champ willing to fight so frequently. The more you fight, the greater the risk of losing.
No. It isn't deserved at all. Izzy won a round and lost in his first title defence. Back of the line.

"The rematch is interesting"

Thoughts?

I think Strickland should tell him , "you don't call the shots, dickless. I'll make you fight DDP if I want to"
Dana not happy...he wants Izzy cause he has more sales.

I love Sherdog and the grand scale lack of logic.

Champs with zero defenses get finished, Sherdog damn near universally say "He deserves an immediate rematch" - I.E. Alex Pereira vs Izzy

Champ loses a decision - OMG NO WAYS BROZ NO REMATCH!!!

A loss is a fucking loss and no champ that loses decisively, whether it be decision or quick KO, deserves an immediate rematch.

MMA fans and media just never think about how much time out of people's careers these rematches take.

The formula is that on average each belt is defended once every 8 months (yes, I have done the math before).

So that means on an average defence timeline, a rematch means neither guy will have fought anyone else in 2 years. And a rubber match, which often follows an immediate rematch, makes it over 3 years. (Yes, Izzy is more active than other champs).

Yet you silly fucks who mindlessly chant 'just run it back' act like it means they will just scrap in the parking lot tomorrow.

Dricus deserves it. Izzy might be better off waiting for the winner, although I think it could be a decent time for another fight with Whittaker as well since they're both coming off upset losses. Honestly that fight isn't super exciting, but it makes sense for the division since they don't have anyone better to fight except each other.

Israel is 1-2 in his last three, 4-3 in his last seven.

Auto rematches are for incredibly dominant champs or controversies. A rematch right now is stupid when Driscus is right there. Hell, the Allen vs. Craig winner wpuld deserve it more.

This why in that other thread who are you rooting for I said Adesanya if there was a rematch if Sean won because I don't want to see rematches

Izzy at 34 and starting to take some bad beatings in the cage should seriously consider hanging it up..

When you get 50-45 or 49-46, why would any respectable person would say rematch?

Just no.

Back