I'm not too excited about Strickland vs DDP

Seahawks Fan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
In order for me to get really excited about a title fight I need to believe that the fight involves the best fighter in the division, whether he's the champion or not. With Strickland vs DDP I know that I'm watching a title fight that doesn't feature the best guy in the division (that would be Izzy) and it arguably doesn't even feature the 2nd best guy (in my opinion that would be Khamzat). I love Strickland but everyone knows he pulled off the second greatest fluke in MMA history and DDP is still a question mark in my eyes. In a perfect world we would be seeing Izzy vs Khamzat for the title and DDP vs Sean would be like a co-main as a title eliminator. I'll be watching Saturday but I won't lie to you and say that I'm excited or that I think this fight means anything more than just a contest between two good fighters.

I will watch like always, but I’m not crazy about the card at all. Whoever takes home the belt is fine by me.

Yeah I'm still not convinced with either guy. Something was probably off with Izzy mentally, and apparently Whittaker is rumored from multiple sources close to him that he had a serious injury fighting DDP. He's also got around 30 pro fights now, which is where most of the greats are in a decline.

I will watch like always, but I’m not crazy about the card at all. Whoever takes home the belt is fine by me.
Yeah that's the other problem, the card is pretty thin from top to bottom. I have a slight interest in Allen vs Evloev to see who will emerge as a future title challenger, and Strickland vs DDP is a good fight (not title fight worthy tho). And that's literally all I'm interested in seeing on this card.

There's so many guys coming up all the time and very few long reigning champs that how can you truly know you're watching the 2 best guys in the division, most of the title fights?

Strickland's UTTER TECHNICAL AND MENTAL DOMINACE OVER FIVE ROUNDS of the reigning cham, all the while GIVING THE CHAMP A CLINIC IN THE CHAMP'S OWN SPECIALTY is " the second greatest fluke in MMA history " . . . . and "The division's best" are 1-2 in his last 3 Izzy and Kumshot who fights once every other year? DPP is on an absolute tear and Dumb Dickland just pulled off one of the greatest upsets in MMA history.

Hahahahhahahhahahahah! BWAAAhahahahahahah ...... BWAhahahahahehehehehe....hehehehehehehe.

When Volk fights Topuria next month I'm fairly confident I'll be watching a title fight featuring the best guy in the division. Whenever Leon fights again I'll be confident I'm watching a title fight featuring the best guy in the division. When Islam fights again I'll be confident I'm watching a fight featuring the best guy in the division.

So the best guy in the division is 1-2 in his latest fights? Cool.
Of those 2, 1 isn't in the weight class and is the LHW champ which he avenged and the other is the MW champ.

While the current MW champ's 3-0 is: Izzy and... 2 guys?

Not hard to figure it out.

In order for me to get really excited about a title fight I need to believe that the fight involves the best fighter in the division, whether he's the champion or not. With Strickland vs DDP I know that I'm watching a title fight that doesn't feature the best guy in the division (that would be Izzy) and it arguably doesn't even feature the 2nd best guy (in my opinion that would be Khamzat). I love Strickland but everyone knows he pulled off the second greatest fluke in MMA history and DDP is still a question mark in my eyes. In a perfect world we would be seeing Izzy vs Khamzat for the title and DDP vs Sean would be like a co-main as a title eliminator. I'll be watching Saturday but I won't lie to you and say that I'm excited or that I think this fight means anything more than just a contest between two good fighters.

The best guy in the division, Pereira, who KO'd both Izzy and Strickland, just left and beat the guy is he couldn't beat (Jan), and beat the guy (Jiri) who beat his own trainer.

Duplessis maybe once in fans by beating Whittaker, but I never thought Whittaker was the best in the division. Izzy beat Whittaker twice, and I think Pereira would've absolutely murdered Robert Whittaker.

Wow you are dumb

There no such thing as a 49-46 fluke. And the best MW that Borz has beaten is GM3. Beating Usman was a very good win. But Usman wasn’t a MW. And on short notice. Like Islam beating Alex. Very good win but not a legit LW.

I don’t think TS understands the sport.

The best guy in the division, Pereira, who KO'd both Izzy and Strickland, just left and beat the guy is he couldn't beat (Jan), and beat the guy (Jiri) who beat his own trainer.

Duplessis maybe once in fans by beating Whittaker, but I never thought Whittaker was the best in the division. Izzy beat Whittaker twice, and I think Pereira would've absolutely murdered Robert Whittaker.
Sorry bud but Izzy left your boy dead so he doesn't have claim to best MW either.

Damn. Stop trying to ruin all of our excitement for this awesome fight. I'm pretty damn excited about it!!!

That's cool you can skip this fight and wait till izzy fights next.

Shouldn't be too long since he's the best in the world he'll be eager to fight again...

Back