I'm not too excited about Strickland vs DDP

Of those 2, 1 isn't in the weight class and is the LHW champ which he avenged and the other is the MW champ.

While the current MW champ's 3-0 is: Izzy and... 2 guys?

Not hard to figure it out.
I wasn't really trying to say that Izzy sucks, he doesn't, but I was adressing the OP's "the best guy in the division (that would be Izzy".

It's cool if you believe Izzy is the best. It's certainly not a given though, as he's lost 2 out of 3 lately.

It's the ONLY fight I'm excited for on the card. MW is a bit of a mess right now. Sean might not be the best in the world but he dominated Izzy and deserves to be there and DDP is the rightful contender. It might not have a lot of star power but it's an interesting styles clash.

In order for me to get really excited about a title fight I need to believe that the fight involves the best fighter in the division, whether he's the champion or not. With Strickland vs DDP I know that I'm watching a title fight that doesn't feature the best guy in the division (that would be Izzy) and it arguably doesn't even feature the 2nd best guy (in my opinion that would be Khamzat). I love Strickland but everyone knows he pulled off the second greatest fluke in MMA history and DDP is still a question mark in my eyes. In a perfect world we would be seeing Izzy vs Khamzat for the title and DDP vs Sean would be like a co-main as a title eliminator. I'll be watching Saturday but I won't lie to you and say that I'm excited or that I think this fight means anything more than just a contest between two good fighters.
"I love Strickland but everyone knows he pulled off the second greatest fluke in MMA history."
I guess you are defining fluke as a clear unanimous decision victory that didn't go the way you were expecting?

Sorry bud but Izzy left your boy dead so he doesn't have claim to best MW either.

Alex is 2-1 (one flatline) against Izzy in kickboxing.
Alex is 1-1 (both got KO's) in MMA.

Therefore, neither is confirmed superior in MMA.

If you look for other evidence in MMA, in particular at their common opponents, Alex is far superior/

Alex also KO'd Strickland, who had Izzy beat Izzy and had him running away like a girl.
Alex also beat Jan, forcing him to panic wrestle, while Jan beat Izzy as well.

Alex also won the LHW Championship, which is he failed to do.

Sorry Charlie, Izzy got lucky once against Alex.
Any sober look at their mutual accomplishments (is he couldn't even make Champion) in kickboxing, while Alex is the only simultaneous dual-Champion, and again became dual-Champion in MMA (which is he also failed to do).
All things considered, Alex is the superior fighter.

In fact, Izzy can't even "stand and fight" with most opponents; he has to run and "touch butt" ... while Alex can actually stand and fight against anyone, in either division.

Alex is 2-1 (one flatline) against Izzy in kickboxing.
Alex is 1-1 (both got KO's) in MMA.

Therefore, neither is confirmed superior in MMA.

If you look for other evidence in MMA, in particular at their common opponents, Alex is far superior/

Alex also KO'd Strickland, who had Izzy beat Izzy and had him running away like a girl.
Alex also beat Jan, forcing him to panic wrestle, while Jan beat Izzy as well.

Alex also won the LHW Championship, which is he failed to do.

Sorry Charlie, Izzy got lucky once against Alex.
Any sober look at their mutual accomplishments (is he couldn't even make Champion) in kickboxing, while Alex is the only simultaneous dual-Champion, and again became dual-Champion in MMA (which is he also failed to do).
All things considered, Alex is the superior fighter.
They are 1-1 in MMA and particularly the MW division, which is what's relevant to the conversation.

All that other bologna you posted is just that, bologna. Izzy has the superior record in the MW division and that's just facts bud.

I'm only willing to deal with relevant facts. The other stuff is not relevant to who is the best MW

Superior fighter again has nothing to do with the best MW. Accomplishments are what matter and since the discussion is MW, their accomplishments at MW are what matter.

Sorry to bring you back to reality but your boy's resume is inferior.

Have a nice day.

They are 1-1 in MMA and particularly the MW division, which is what's relevant to the conversation.

All that other bologna you posted is just that, bologna. Izzy has the superior record in the MW division and that's just facts bud.

I'm only willing to deal with relevant facts. The other stuff is not relevant to who is the best MW

Superior fighter again has nothing to do with the best MW. Accomplishments are what matter and since the discussion is MW, their accomplishments at MW are what matter.

Sorry to bring you back to reality but your boy's resume is inferior.

Have a nice day.

Now you are just an absolute idiot, with absolutely idiotic takes on everything.

It's not bologna how much better Alex is handled their common opponents.
Irrelevant? LOL
It's actually part of the evaluation process of fighters.

That's why a guy like Ken Norton (who beat Ali, once) is rated far lower than Muhammad Ali — who beat a much wider panacea of opponents the Norton ever dreamed to.

The fact that Israel Adesanya couldn't even make Champion in kickboxing is relevant to his overall placement as a kickboxer.
The fact that Alex Pereira beat guys who beat Izzy in kickboxing is relevant to his overall placement as a kickboxer (much higher than Izzy).
The fact that Alex Pereira became dual-Champion is even more relevant.

Yes, Israel Adesanya has beaten more MMA guys then Alex — and that is only because he's had more fights than Alex.

The fact that Alex walked in, with much less experience, and KO'd Izzy (for the second time in a row) is relevant.
Sure, the fact is he finally evened it up is also relevant, but so too is the fact Alex absolutely dominated/KO'd common MMA opponents who dominated Izzy.

If you can't admit this then you are a bigger dumb ass than I had you pegged for.

Now you are just an absolute idiot, with absolutely idiotic takes on everything.

It's not bologna how much better Alex is handled their common opponents.
Irrelevant? LOL
It's actually part of the evaluation process of fighters.

That's why a guy like Ken Norton (who beat Ali, once) is rated far lower than Muhammad Ali — who beat a much wider panacea of opponents the Norton ever dreamed to.

The fact that Israel Adesanya couldn't even make Champion in kickboxing is relevant to his overall placement as a kickboxer.
The fact that Alex Pereira beat guys who beat Izzy in kickboxing is relevant to his overall placement as a kickboxer (much higher than Izzy).
The fact that Alex Pereira became dual-Champion is even more relevant.

Yes, Israel Adesanya has beaten more MMA guys then Alex — and that is only because he's had more fights than Alex.

The fact that Alex walked in, with much less experience, and KO'd Izzy (for the second time in a row) is relevant.
Sure, the fact is he finally evened it up is also relevant, but so too is the fact Alex absolutely dominated/KO'd common MMA opponents who dominated Izzy.

If you can't admit this then you are a bigger dumb ass than I had you pegged for.
Your boy lost to some nobody and that matters.

I think your takes are fucking ridiculous about pretty much everything so there's that.

Compare their MW resumes in MMA and continue to prove you're a dumbass or apologize and admit you're wrong. There's really nothing more to discuss about this, dummy.

First time 2 Africans have ever faced off for a title

Your boy lost to some nobody and that matters.

I think your takes are fucking ridiculous about pretty much everything so there's that.

Compare their MW resumes in MMA and continue to prove you're a dumbass or apologize and admit you're wrong. There's really nothing more to discuss about this, dummy.

Nothing more to discuss? LOL

You try to take the smallest microcosm, and hang onto it (their MW resumes).

The fact that you don't have the ability, or willingness, to look at the whole picture = what a dumb ass you are.

If we take their OVERALL RESUMES, it's a landslide rout for Alex Pereira:

In Glory Kickboxing, Alex Pereira = GOAT candidate, 2-division World Champion.
In Glory Kickboxing, Israel Adesanya = Footnote, couldn't even make Champion.

Even in MMA, although Adesanya has more fights, if we look at their common opponents, the situation is the same:

In MMA, Alex Pereira = Successful 2-Division Champion, KO'd Strickland, beat Jan.
In MMA, Israel Adesanya = Failed 2-Division Champion, lost to Strickland, lost to Jan.

The fact that you say "nothing more to discuss" shows how dishonest you are.
There is a whole lot more to discuss than "middleweight resume."

Their records against each other, and their common opponents, as well as OVERALL ACCOMPLISHMENTS paint a landslide superiority favoring Alex Pereira.

Nothing more to discuss? LOL

You try to take the smallest microcosm, and hang onto it (their MW resumes).

The fact that you don't have the ability, or willingness, to look at the whole picture = what a dumb ass you are.

If we take their OVERALL RESUMES, it's a landslide rout for Alex Pereira:

In Glory Kickboxing, Alex Pereira = GOAT candidate, 2-division World Champion.
In Glory Kickboxing, Israel Adesanya = Footnote, couldn't even make Champion.

Even in MMA, although Adesanya has more fights, if we look at their common opponents, the situation is the same:

In MMA, Alex Pereira = Successful 2-Division Champion, KO'd Strickland, beat Jan.
In MMA, Israel Adesanya = Failed 2-Division Champion, lost to Strickland, lost to Jan.

The fact that you say "nothing more to discuss" shows how dishonest you are.
There is a whole lot more to discuss than "middleweight resume."

Their records against each other, and their common opponents, as well as OVERALL ACCOMPLISHMENTS paint a landslide superiority favoring Alex Pereira.
So we're discussing their kickboxing careers on a MMA forum to argue who is the better MMA MW?

Well sir, I don't think you have a god damn clue what this discussion is even about.

I don't think you think I'm arguing what I'm arguing at this point.... or you just trolling... Either way, I don't really care anymore.

Izzy himself believes he is not in his prime anymore he said something to that effect cabt remember verbatim (on the downside, going down the hill now).

Izzy and Robert are no longer the faces of the division, this fight between sean and driccus is where its at now.

So we're discussing their kickboxing careers on a MMA forum to argue who is the better MMA MW?

Well sir, I don't think you have a god damn clue what this discussion is even about.

I don't think you think I'm arguing what I'm arguing at this point.... or you just trolling... Either way, I don't really care anymore.

Now we're discussing who's the better overall fighter.

Even in the discussion of MWs, you're arguing Izzy's "overall record," while I am arguing Pereira's status and capability as a fighter.

Come to terms with the fact Izzy's "overall record" doesn't make him "the biggest threat" as middleweight.

Alex Pereira is a greater threat to fuck up any MW or LHW then is Israel Adesanya.

Sean Strickland owned Israel Adesanya's cowardly, running ass — while Alex Pereira knocked Strickland's ass TF out in less than around.
Jen Błachowicz owned and dominated Israel Adesanya is weak, feather-fisted as — Alex Pereira had Jan out on his feet in the second, and laying and praying in the third.

Izzy himself believes he is not in his prime anymore he said something to that effect cabt remember verbatim (on the downside, going down the hill now).

Izzy and Robert are no longer the faces of the division, this fight between sean and driccus is where its at now.

Alex could come back and KO both of them on the same day.

Now we're discussing who's the better overall fighter.

Even in the discussion of MWs, you're arguing Izzy's "overall record," while I am arguing Pereira's status and capability as a fighter.

Come to terms with the fact Izzy's "overall record" doesn't make him "the biggest threat" as middleweight.

Alex Pereira is a greater threat to fuck up any MW or LHW then is Israel Adesanya.

Sean Strickland owned Israel Adesanya's cowardly, running ass — while Alex Pereira knocked Strickland's ass TF out in less than around.
Jen Błachowicz owned and dominated Israel Adesanya is weak, feather-fisted as — Alex Pereira had Jan out on his feet in the second, and laying and praying in the third.
But how did Izzy vs Pereira end again in their final bout? Who was sent with their tail between their legs out of the MW division?

Oh that's right, Pereira.

But how did Izzy vs Pereira end again in their final bout? Who was sent with their tail between their legs out of the MW division?

Oh that's right, Pereira.

jerkoff.gif

Correction, jerkoff.

Pereira wanted an intermediate rematch, and it was Izzy who refused to fight Pereira again, and after having lost to Alex 3x in a row, last two by KO, when he finally hit lightning in a bottle.

Meanwhile, Pereira went up to LHW and did what Izzy couldn't do, and that was beat Jan Błachowicz and then Jiri Procházka for the LHW title.

While Alex was busy BEATING the two most recent LHW Champions, Izzy was busy losing (running around the cage, avoiding the fight for 5 rounds) to the guy, in Strickland, that Alex KO'd in less than one round.

You're not worth my time, and you're just trying to troll the obvious.

The truth is, only an effeminate runner would like another effeminate runner.
People who actually appreciate fighters, don't like runners.

Last edited:
Probably cuz your a shithawks fan…
You should probably get that checked out
<6>

How can Khamzat be the #2... He still hasn't beat a top 10 MW. He can only live on potential for so long before he becomes just all hype. I really don't know exactly how good he is because he's never proved it.

Strickland wont get any props since he lost to pereira embarrassingly.

Back