Dana doesn't know the rules(Tuf Controversy)

He kept throwing questionable/borderline illegal elbows the whole fight, and was warned multiple times. The point deduction was justified. As far as the scoring, it should have been a majority draw, or they should have gone to a 4th round.

He kept throwing questionable/borderline illegal elbows the whole fight, and was warned multiple times. The point deduction was justified. As far as the scoring, it should have been a majority draw, or they should have gone to a 4th round.

It was a majority draw and I guess since the 3rd round was already a sudden victory round it couldn't have gone to another sudden victory round so the two judges who scored a draw picked who won. From what I recall some Japanese promotions do the same thing when fights go to a draw in a tournament.

Yea Mazz warned him the whole fight. Don't know what the big deal is. The final decision was weird though. I'm still watching the rest of the show now. Dana is losing it in the fight picks lol

So one judge had it 10-8 for Stephens and 2 had it a draw, so therefore it's a draw, then the judges are asked who they see won the fight, so the Stephens judge voted Stephens and the 2 draws voted Zapata. Stupid

So one judge had it 10-8 for Stephens and 2 had it a draw, so therefore it's a draw, then the judges are asked who they see won the fight, so the Stephens judge voted Stephens and the 2 draws voted Zapata. Stupid

OK, so majority draw. Now where the hell does the 'ask the judges who won' rule come from? They make this shit up as they go along?

...you have terrible reading comprehension and cannot convert words on your screen into thoughts

LOL, this is even weaker than your first post. At least you were actually trying to say something. Here, you have nothing to say, but felt the need to say something.

As for the deduction of the point, the elbow part didn't even land, it was the upper portion of his arm, and it wasn't 12-6. It was like Mazz thought he threw too many borderline elbows that he felt compelled to deduct a point, which isn't good reffing.

OK, so majority draw. Now where the hell does the 'ask the judges who won' rule come from? They make this shit up as they go along?

Right.. Is there some kind of UFC or TUF rule that prevents a fight being logged as a draw?

Stephens had control, but Zapata had aggressiveness and defense.
(This is a quote)

Defense isn't a scoring category, it was removed a couple years ago.

The whole "look at his face. Now look at mine". Anyone that bases their decision off of this is an idiot.

The majority of the damage he did was on the top of Stephens' head anyway. And I'm sorry, but it's not like he did enough damage to counter all that time he spent with his back taken in that third round to begin with. The grappling might have not done any damage, but it's not Stephens' fault that this guy can't defend one takedown.

Mazz did exact the right thing. He even gave some leeway b/c the elbows weren't causing damage. DANA IS WRONG!

I would pay 54.95 to watch jake shields fight dana for 3 hrs without throwing a strike or attempting a submission.

The majority of the damage he did was on the top of Stephens' head anyway. And I'm sorry, but it's not like he did enough damage to counter all that time he spent with his back taken in that third round to begin with. The grappling might have not done any damage, but it's not Stephens' fault that this guy can't defend one takedown.

But it is his fault when he cant strike or do damage or even threaten a submission attempt. He literally did nothing but dry hump him like he was a dog in heat. That fight sucked because one guy was content with holding someone down while not doing a dam thing.

More fighters who do the same shit should get the same results.

Zapatta was never in danger of being submitted. Dude Just hugged him and held on for dear life hoping he'd get the win.

He even said he isn't mad he lost. He even said himself after the fight that Sometime judges see fights differently. So he must have known deep down he was gonna lose.

Asking did I win that round to huis coach is another sign he was in doubt.

Point is I agree with what happened

More fights should be judged that way

They need to switch to Pride rules and give out yellow cards for inactivity. That would eliminate all the human blankets.

There is no "4th" round in that type of "exhibition fight".

Back