Dana does not pay well his fighters, but...

So how does it make match making easier?
Bonuses used to he tied to event revenue/event size. So a big PPV might be 70k or whatever, and a fight night in podunk would only be 40k. So fighters were wanting to fight on bigger cards instead of smaller ones so they could get the bigger bonuses (I believe Joe Lauzon was one of thesegl guys). So eventually Joe Silva got annoyed with fighters trying to get on bigger cards and just equalized all bonuses. And the UFC has stuck with 50k ever since then, with the exception of a few special cards.

At least that was the explanation he gave when deposed for the lawsuit.

Bonuses used to he tied to event revenue/event size. So a big PPV might be 70k or whatever, and a fight night in podunk would only be 40k. So fighters were wanting to fight on bigger cards instead of smaller ones so they could get the bigger bonuses (I believe Joe Lauzon was one of thesegl guys). So eventually Joe Silva got annoyed with fighters trying to get on bigger cards and just equalized all bonuses. And the UFC has stuck with 50k ever since then, with the exception of a few special cards.

At least that was the explanation he gave when deposed for the lawsuit.

<mma4>

Very interesting!

Gillespie got 100k since for FOTN tonight cuz CDF missed weight.

Sometimes those guys still only get 50k.

This one has to hurt CDF.

When his wife and kids want a vacation later this year he has to look at himself in the mirror and know he pissed away $50k plus 30% of his "show" money.

He might be like 80/80 now so in that case he lost $74k of pay because he missed weight...

He gives 50k in bonuses which is insane!!

50,000 bucks just for giving a good fight or delivering a good KO. 50,000 bucks is enough money to live very well a whole year, even if you have a family.

So, Dana is an asshole and I hope he gets the worst of karma, but damn, he pays very very well in bonuses.
Somebody doesn’t have a family or has a different idea of living very well than I do.

$50k is really not enough for a family to live well for a year considering the expenses fighters have especially when you have no 401k matching and no medical insurance.
50k is really not enough to live very well even with those things lol. Hell, health insurance cost my family 6k/yr and that’s to be healthy lol. Daughter broke her leg and that cost 3k on top of the 6k. And then imagine putting away 7% of that 50k in a 401k. Maybe in another country but I’m guessing taxes are brutal.

Yeah, so UFC 100 bonuses were 100k, but now you have fighters begging for almost 3 times less than that 12 years later. Progress!

How is 50K almost 3 times less than 100K? You're including inflation?

The sponsorship difference with the Reebok/Venum deal compared to before is even a bigger loss for the fighters.

I also had a discussion about how the show/win money structure is basically a scam, recently, on here, but my discussion partner couldn't act like a grown up, so <WhatItIs> Were you the one also in that thtread arguing kinda the same point?

Not to mention the rumors of guys like Ali working with the UFC to get his fighters to take title fights for relatively low pay. Fighters are getting fucked from every side, but they don't dare to do anything against it, for the most part. Jon supposedly tried to stand up for higher fight pay, with him asking for who knows how much for Ngannou, but I'm not 100% sure that's his real reason and if he is, he doesn't seem to go about it the right way.

Go fuck yourself.
UFC could rip millions and if they wanted they would be giving bonuses of 5000 or even less, at least their bonuses are good you stupid idiot.
What is this peasant babbling about?

50,000 bucks just for giving a good fight or delivering a good KO. 50,000 bucks is enough money to live very well a whole year, even if you have a family.

So, Dana is an asshole and I hope he gets the worst of karma, but damn, he pays very very well in bonuses.
Where do u live?50k is low to mid class here...and theres this thing called taxes and expenses...

So that 50k maybe like 20k lol

Can you really live well on 50k in the US? I wouldn't even want to live on 50k in Asia. Survive and live? Sure. Live Well? Bruh...

Well if you want to live like McGregor then obviously 50k won’t be enough.
If you want to live comfortably with all your basic needs then 50k is more than enough.

You gotta also remember they gotta pay their coaches, nutritionist, manager, gym fees, etc.

Thats what the UFC PI is for. Fighters shouldn't complain about paying coaches, gym fees , when its free at the PI.

Thats what the UFC PI is for. Fighters shouldn't complain about paying coaches, gym fees , when its free at the PI.

I doubt they will get the coaches and all the conditions they want at the PI

How is 50K almost 3 times less than 100K? You're including inflation?

The sponsorship difference with the Reebok/Venum deal compared to before is even a bigger loss for the fighters.

I also had a discussion about how the show/win money structure is basically a scam, recently, on here, but my discussion partner couldn't act like a grown up, so <WhatItIs> Were you the one also in that thtread arguing kinda the same point?

Not to mention the rumors of guys like Ali working with the UFC to get his fighters to take title fights for relatively low pay. Fighters are getting fucked from every side, but they don't dare to do anything against it, for the most part. Jon supposedly tried to stand up for higher fight pay, with him asking for who knows how much for Ngannou, but I'm not 100% sure that's his real reason and if he is, he doesn't seem to go about it the right way.
Yeah same guy I think. And yeah inflation bumps that 100k to about 120k.

And yeah Jones isn't smart enough or not unselfishness enough to hitch his fight for pay to the larger issues. Shame.

Karma conditions only personal qualities and dispositions (kind of common sense, if you do bad things it’s easier for you to keep doing bad things and vice versa), not external consequences until the cycle of samsara. This is my understanding as a Buddhist although of course there are different schools of thought on it.
Yes that is what is in the teachings. Some of the train of thought that karma and personal choices only affect after death crosses over Buddhist and Christian/Catholic beliefs about heaven in hell or good karma bad karma after death. Others believe all that affects life, current and next. It's also not just actions but also thoughts and reasons for actions. Some may do good deeds hoping for good karma but with ill intentions and still receive bad karma in their current life. People like Connor would fall into this category of belief system. Good deeds with ill intentions so he's still cycling through bad karma. So his is a mix of good karma and bad karma that's why his life is all over the place at times. He's just an example for me to use that mma community would be familiar with since most have seen his life play out with the good and the bad and how his current situation is. Of course that is only if you believe in Karma, the ones that don't will consider things coincidental instead. That is also a belief system. Random chaos, or butterfly effect.

Isnt ufc a legitimate sporting event

Imagine if one team got a bonus in hockey cause a guy took a hard slapshot, its silly
A ton of professional athletes have performance based bonuses built into their contracts.

A ton of professional athletes have performance based bonuses built into their contracts.
Yeah but those bonuses aren't the size of your actually normal salary. You don't see most athletes making half of their salary to show, half if their team wins then half if they do well. Thats absurd in most sports

I think youre the third person to defend it by replying me. All of the NBA and NHL incentives talked about are a fair counterpoint, but they are guaranteed and structured while the UFC is not

Its still completely descretionary in the UFC there could hypothetically be 4 KOs on a card, but if DC was one of the KOs hed get the bonus cause he sucks the company cock

pays better than bellator

Back