UFC use to pay more for fight of the night bonuses

It's aggravating to see when you know how little of the profits actually go to the fighters. Then they take the sponsors away too just so the UFC can have it for themselves? The UFC is some greedy cut throat fuckers, man. Sponsors are a big deal with how little.most of these guys get paid.
Dana sees the UFC as a major sport so he does as they do except sharing the profits at the same level and the level of censorship of course.

It's crazy, me and my dad went to 3 UFC's when the tickets were $25. One was in the 4th row, bunch of future legends fought on that one. UFC 24 or something.
I attended UFC 76 Knockout, the ironically named one lol, which Liddell headlined and the second best seats were $300 and some change if I remember correctly. Weren’t all that good but was a cool experience. No way I’m paying what they charge now for 298 if it’s in LA like Ilia says

They also seem to pay out fewer bonuses as well. Things like 'KO of the night' or 'Sub of the night' are gone as well to make skirting bonuses easier as well.
Not remotely true. It used to be they only gave out 4 bonuses per card. Now it's very common for them to give out more than 4 bonuses.

From this year alone, and this list isn't exhaustive:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Fight_Night:_Muniz_vs._Allen
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_285
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_ESPN:_Holloway_vs._Allen
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_ABC:_Rozenstruik_vs._Almeida

I think I made this thread last year too it's been something like 13 YEARS of them offering 4x50k as the standard bonuses (there have been some Dana white privilege nights where they were more or more than four were handed out).
Meanwhile cost of living is basically doubled.

They also seem to pay out fewer bonuses as well. Things like 'KO of the night' or 'Sub of the night' are gone as well to make skirting bonuses easier as well. A decade ago Dana gave an interview where he said that the locker room bonuses ranged from $4K to $25K as well. Meaning if you missed the official bonus the best that you could get was half of a full bonus. A far cry from the "millions" you often hear people erroneously repeat.

In most professional sports the bonuses are in the contracts already. So things like wins, leading in stats, getting an MVP or whatever are all prearranged and cannot be denied on some whim.
Cormier said his locker room bonus for the first Jon fight was a million. They usually give out four bonus standard, and still give out at least four per card. Was fight of the night, ok and sub. That's four fighters usually. Replacing ok and sub with performance, does not deduct from that.

Now, Cormier big bonus is not normal, but they have also paid fighters who got a loss they disagreed with their win bonus and have given out more bonuses than announced post fight. Just for context.

I attended UFC 76 Knockout, the ironically named one lol, which Liddell headlined and the second best seats were $300 and some change if I remember correctly. Weren’t all that good but was a cool experience. No way I’m paying what they charge now for 298 if it’s in LA like Ilia says
That's cool, I had no idea that the tickets had gotten that expensive by UFC 76.

I've mentioned on here before, but
Chuck was on the card too that I was referring too, along with Matt Hughes, Tito, Frank Shamrock, Jens Pulver.

IMG_20231108_060722.jpg IMG_20231108_060705.jpg

Last edited:
On PPV's they would have bonuses ranging from 50k-80k. I remember watching an interview with Dana years ago and he said they decided 50k would be the number from now on and this was well over 10 years ago. Bonuses have gone down, they paid more during the spike tv era.

With inflation, 50k in 2008 is worth almost 72k today. The bonuses are not as life-changing as it once was. People are literally making jokes about it now. I was watching a podcast and they laughed about how little the UFC pays. Terrence Crawford was clowning UFC pay on JRE. Its not good PR. This company could pay 75k or 100k bonuses and improve its optics significantly and actually make a difference in the fighters lives as opposed to milking them for every cent.
Maybe you should start your own promotion then. That way you can pay any bonus you’d like.

I think I made this thread last year too it's been something like 13 YEARS of them offering 4x50k as the standard bonuses (there have been some Dana white privilege nights where they were more or more than four were handed out).
Meanwhile cost of living is basically doubled.
And the UFC's profits have gone from roughly 200 million 2 years ago to a projected over 400 million this year. Fighters percentages of those profits have gone from 18% like 2 years ago, to 15%, and this year they saying it's gonna be around 13%.

Should be a percent of gate goes to finish bonus.
Everyone on the ppv should get a ppv points
I have a feeling a lot of guys are getting under the table money. Save them from taxes

Dana sees the UFC as a major sport so he does as they do except sharing the profits at the same level and the level of censorship of course.
NASCAR suspended a driver for liking a meme on X.

You will never hear an NFL, NBA, MLB player say the kinds of things Strickland does.

I get why they had to make it uniform, because fighters were complaining and all wanted to be on the big cards with better bonuses but it just shows how fuckin cheap Dana is that he picked the lowball amount to standardize instead of even a midpoint.

50gs baby sounds better than 75gs baby.

Back