Dana does not pay well his fighters, but...

Karma doesn’t effect you until the next life. That’s how it works, in the cycle of death and rebirth.
It affects your current life and next life. If you die early then yes it won't affect your currently life as much. If you live your life your karma will unfold in current and next life.

Fun fact, the reason bonuses are standardized at 50k was to make matchmaking easier for the UFC. That completely arbitrary number also hasn't been updated for inflation ever.

So how does it make match making easier?

It affects your current life and next life. If you die early then yes it won't affect your currently life as much. If you live your life your karma will unfold in current and next life.
Karma conditions only personal qualities and dispositions (kind of common sense, if you do bad things it’s easier for you to keep doing bad things and vice versa), not external consequences until the cycle of samsara. This is my understanding as a Buddhist although of course there are different schools of thought on it.

Last edited:
It's 2020. 50k ain't sh*t!
<mma3>

He gives 50k in bonuses which is insane!!

50,000 bucks just for giving a good fight or delivering a good KO. 50,000 bucks is enough money to live very well a whole year, even if you have a family.

So, Dana is an asshole and I hope he gets the worst of karma, but damn, he pays very very well in bonuses.
He can pay $50k in bonuses cause he jips out everywhere else.

The $50K bonus is for marketing and it is decent. Fighters also get win bonuses. Locker room less talk so might have faded. Overall UFC pays on a steep curve bottom very little but get UFC brand and experience then Slowly frugally increases, Champs and main attraction get good pay. Similar to most entertainment industry. Hillary Swank made $3,000 for Boys dony Cry an acclaimed performance . Then Swank had an up n down career. Cheap Trick was doing state fairs not long after their brief fame on the charts.

Maybe these athletes should have tried out for the NFL, where they make millions. You know giving up everything from the age 12 & on, losing brain cells 7-9months out of the year.

let's be real, MMA Fighters do need to get paid more, but more than half of these guys are bad with their money management.

50,000 bucks just for giving a good fight or delivering a good KO. 50,000 bucks is enough money to live very well a whole year, even if you have a family.

So, Dana is an asshole and I hope he gets the worst of karma, but damn, he pays very very well in bonuses.
trust me braddah that moeny does not last long. We have trainers gym fees alot of these guys have managers that take 10-15%

OP is a moron.

This is why the UFC gives away 50k.....it makes dumbasses believe that 50k makes up for the millions of $ that they are ripping off fighters of.

Go fuck yourself.
UFC could rip millions and if they wanted they would be giving bonuses of 5000 or even less, at least their bonuses are good you stupid idiot.

They used to give out FOTN, KO of the night, Submission of the Night, etc every event, but he quit doing mandatory bonuses and just calls everything "performance bonuses" and he hands them out arbitrarily

These sums belong to 2005. And that's pretty much where they've stayed. If you look at the revenue split fighters get about a 3rd of what they would make in the pay structure of major sports. So handing them 50k as a bonus is just disrespectful. It's like making minimum wage and your boss decides to randomly give you a weekend pass to the circus. Then brags about how generous he is.

Can you really live well on 50k in the US? I wouldn't even want to live on 50k in Asia. Survive and live? Sure. Live Well? Bruh...

Yeah, being thrown crumbs by Uncle Dana is so much better than a reasonable amount of guaranteed money, relative to the revenue you help generate for the company.

But seriously, those practices were bush league a decade ago, and they're even more bush league today.

Isnt ufc a legitimate sporting event

Imagine if one team got a bonus in hockey cause a guy took a hard slapshot, its silly
Well they do get bonuses if they reach certain milestones every season, like 30 goals or 80 points or whatever.

OP is a moron.

This is why the UFC gives away 50k.....it makes dumbasses believe that 50k makes up for the millions of $ that they are ripping off fighters of.
do the millions include the sponsorship money and retirement money including pensions and healthcare?

Can you really live well on 50k in the US? I wouldn't even want to live on 50k in Asia. Survive and live? Sure. Live Well? Bruh...

Lol survive and live on 50k in Asia? C'mon man you know damn well you can live well on Koh Samui for 3k a month (and that's an expensive island).

The equation changes depending on how many dependants you have but yeah you're not eating ramen noodles and drinking tap water with 50k, don't be ridiculous.

With that said. Yeah the UFC hasn't changed those bonuses in forever. They should be 100k by now, especially considering their atrocious revenue split with athletes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back