Dana: "a lot of guys do that push on the cage ****

Actually i blame the judges for all this stalling on the fence and on the ground. If they are in the same position more than 30 secs restart them at the center goddamit

Don't load the main event with people who like to smother and control then. Simple fix.

Agreed. Lay n pray may have a ground n pound or a submission. Wall n stall has a hopeful ekbow upon the break. Thats about it.

If it has ground and pound or a submission then it's not LnP!! I swear 90% of MMA "fans" have no clue what LnP is

This is such a fucken retarded thing to say. Ring isn't for mma, especially since there is a chance that the fighters can fall out the ring

This fight alone shows why rings shouldn't be used in mma

You know there are rings with more than 3 ropes right?...

Dana: "a lot of guys do that push on the cage shit. I'd like to cut them even coming off a win"

Here here I 100% agree with Dana, this is happening more and more and is actually more boring than Lay and Pray!

Wall and Stall I call it!

Does anyone else feel the same?

Hopefully the refs start to break up Wall and Stallers quicker in 2013!

Wall and stall lol I like it

Implement rules where you can only hold someone up against the cage for a certain amount of time.

Dana can like or dislike whatever he wants, but the day he cuts a fighter who's winning for such a completely moronic reason is the day this sport stops having any kind of legitimacy claim over the WWE.
He's just voicing his dislike with a colorful expression. The way the contracts are written they can't cut someone for being boring if he keeps winning and I can't imagine that they will change that. It's more likely that they'll just promote those guys less.

Perhaps not quite as easy, but surely "wall n stall" could be used in the ring corners as well if a fighter really wanted too?

if there walling and stalling. have some outside guys put scorpions on the cage.

Hopefully he decides the UFC is going to flip the world on its head and put a couple shows a year in a ring.

And Randy was a master at it, and almost made it exiting in his prime. He would beat on guys pretty well back in the day. Near the end, like in the Vera fight, he was just wall and stalling and hanging on because he did not like to get hit.. But only at the end.

How about this......

bring back yellow cards, but instead of taking money or points, you get a free punch.

For example... Fighter A is doing wall-n-stall or LNP and after a stand up / break by the ref and a warning, he is given a yellow card.

Fighter A then has to place his hands behind his back in the center of the cage. Fighter B then gets a free punch (no kicks, knees, or elbows). Fighter A then gets 10 seconds to recover and resume fighting.

No i'm not actually being serious.

Rashad Evans said it best

Dana keeps saying he want guys to go out there and fight crazy but when they lose he cuts them

look at Keith Jardine

Back