Dana: "a lot of guys do that push on the cage ****

It would be great if it was just a mat with no walls like amateur wrestling

Animals don't fight in a cage ... they are put in by assholes. Think before saying something stupid.

So if an animal is put in a cage and fights in that cage, they would be animals fighting in a cage. He never said WHY they fight in a cage, he didn't say animals voluntarily jump in a cage and start throwing down.

Think before saying something stupid.

How many more years into the future do we have to wait for Thunderdome?

Anyone who hates it or thinks fighters should be cut for a certain legitimate strategy are just bleed fans and literally the lowest form of life on this planet. Thank god Dana White is kept in check by Lorenzo so he can't fuck up the UFC any more than it already is.

Dislike it, but it's a part of the game. One of many reasons why I never liked Couture.

LnP > Wall and Stall. At least something is happening (somewhat).

People, including Dana, loved Randy Couture. So obviously it's not the pressing against the cage that is the issue. It's the techniques (or lack thereof) and/or the proficiency (or lack thereof) of the techniques that are used while an opponent pressed against the cage that is the issue.

Agreed! But it's becimg more accepted because of gsp's canadian fan base.

I'm sorry but if your comparing what GSP does on the ground to what Okami and Brunson did yesterday you just need to go watch a diff sport.

LnP > Wall and Stall. At least something is happening (somewhat).

Agreed. Lay n pray may have a ground n pound or a submission. Wall n stall has a hopeful ekbow upon the break. Thats about it.

This problem is all on the refs for letting them sit there half the round w/o attempted a sub on the ground or throwing a punch and not breaking them up. If you lay on a guy for more than 30 seconds and you arent attacking him or attempting a sub...you should get stood up. If you do the same shit repeatedly, point deduction.

"Lay and Pray" and "Wall and Stall" are all legitimate strategies in the eyes of real fans.

For the rest of you, there's world star hip hop

I just watched the Belcher Okami fight again.....Okami thew nothing the whole time he was hugging Belcher. At least Sonnen throws punches when he is on top of someone. I hate these kind of fighters. Its got to be frustrating losing by getting wet blanketed as opposed to getting KO'd. Its a fight not a lovefest. If your on top, drop bombs or go home.

Oh, extruding your opponent thru the cage doesnt bother me as much as lay and hug and squeeze.

they should sharpen the cage. Apply a little voltage so after theyve been against the cage too long, they can hit a button and apply a voltage to pop them off the cage.

Good to see Dana say something about it as well, but now he needs to actually do something about. The guys that avoid the fight instead of actually fighting need to be penalized. Either change how "controlling the fight" is scored or start carding/deducting points and/or pay for constant stall techniques.

Good to see Dana say something about it as well, but now he needs to actually do something about. The guys that avoid the fight instead of actually fighting need to be penalized. Either change how "controlling the fight" is scored or start carding/deducting points and/or pay for constant stall techniques.

you're a shit fan

Back