Dana: "a lot of guys do that push on the cage ****

They should declare boring fights a No Contest

They could also impose time limits for certain positions, and deduct points from fighters who repeatedly exhaust the time limits in the same positions.

What does he mean ? Guys putting their opponent against the cage?Its part of the cage figthing..Lol

Dana should shut his mouth and do something about it if he doesn't like it. It's... your cage brah.

Dana White needs to train or at least be educated in grappling, sometimes I feel like he'd prefer to run K-1 over the UFC it's just that there's more US money in MMA than kickboxing. Fighters wants to win, if they can control their opponent by pushing them against the cage they will, how about the guy in the disadvantaged position it is his job to take control or at least get back into a neutral position. It takes two to fight as shown by Nate Quarry vs Khalib Starnes.

which interview was this? and what was the context of him saying it? Cause he's defended fights where people have done that for years.

if the quote really is guys do that push on the cage shit... that almost sounds like he's talking about pushing off the cage, otherwise he'd say "guys do that pushing people against the cage shit"

either way, I can't believe this thread turned into a bunch of dumbasses brain storming about cage alternatives. That's even dumber than wanting to get rid of rogan and goldberg.

The cage IS the UFC. They will NEVER change it. It's so stupid to bring that up.

And btw.. the ring fucking fucks. People get caught up in the ropes and have to literally be pushed out if their head goes underneath. Fights have to get reset to the center. It's lame as fuck.

Pride was overrated dummies. Deal with it

How many more years into the future do we have to wait for Thunderdome?

3363463_o.gif

Sport IS entertainment, anybody who thinks it is something more is just deluding themselves.

+1

Dana can like or dislike whatever he wants, but the day he cuts a fighter who's winning for such a completely moronic reason is the day this sport stops having any kind of legitimacy claim over the WWE.

The fact that you are so easily worried doesn't bode well for this "legitimacy" you speak of.

Agreed. This old guy loves the dirty boxing from the clinch.

TS's not talking about that. He's talking about wall 'n stall (I hope). There's a difference. Think Prime Couture versus the Couture that fought Vera. Similar to the difference between LNP and GSP does. He's basically a horizontal Prime Couture.

So if an animal is put in a cage and fights in that cage, they would be animals fighting in a cage. He never said WHY they fight in a cage, he didn't say animals voluntarily jump in a cage and start throwing down.

Think before saying something stupid.

You had me LMAO...well done.

Re: The Belcher/Okami fight.

It was Belcher's fault IMO for letting Okami execute the gameplan. He's supposed to be the superior striker but let Okami take control of the center of the cage constantly. By mid second round, it was obvious that Okami was trying to force Belcher near the cage, then charge in with strikes and grapple him on the fence. The problem was Belcher kept backing up near the fence during the stand up, and let Okami do this.

It wasn't exciting, but Belcher got beat fair n' square by the superior grappler.

I don't have a problem with fighters clenched against the cage or riding on the ground... so long as they're actually actively working and not just leaning/laying. If you're not causing damage, working for a submission, or improving position then you're not fighting, you're just spooning with some dude.

If a guy can't get his back off of the cage, that's on him.

It's not exciting, and I'll take a smoke break if that's the way the fight is going to go. But one fighter imposing his will against another is what the sport is all about. It's not always going to be exciting.

I don't know why foot stomps aren't utilized more. Pressed up against the cage.? Stomp your opponents feet. Get good at it. Broken bones in the foot will make it hard to push off.

I don't know why foot stomps aren't utilized more. Pressed up against the cage.? Stomp your opponents feet. Get good at it. Broken bones in the foot will make it hard to push off.

Incidentally both Bones and the Spider employ these.

Back