Dana: "a lot of guys do that push on the cage ****

It's not about just bleed

I can appreciate a jj ground war or some clinch work on the cage but persistent cage stalling and pushing to stall and wear someone down not to do damage is really boring and I hope it gets stopped

It's always a fine line with stand ups - those vitor stand ups against rumble were a joke

Compared to the Okami fight the Leben fight was FOTY

Then a lot of GSP's fights are fails too because Okami did exactly what GSP does on the ground.

I agree, btw.

To me its part of the sport, good way to wear your opponent down, Randy was great on the Cage.

there was only one boring fight on the card: leben/brunson.

C'mon you all know the cage isnt the main issue...there are holes in the scoring system and in the MMA rules that allow for all this to happen. Every now and then we are going through that shit.

Its simple fighters should fight, that's what they are supposed to do. When fighters avoid fighting they should not only be left unrewarded, they should be punished by the scoring system.

FIGHTERS should not be allowed to win FIGHTS by avoiding the actual process of FIGHTING. What the f does "controlling the fight" even mean????!!!!! The way the current system is...it just allows coaches like G. Jackson to exploit some wholes in it, much like lawyers do with the law. No honesty in that, no PRIDE, no true martial arts spirit...

Bring in the Bloodsport ring.

bs-jump-kick-wide-lr1.jpg

Its boring unless you fight in that position, Anderson gets you against the cage he kills you, Randy used to dirty box very good in that position and Bone finished Machida there.

Basically its the refs fault not the fighters entirely. If they are not working on the cage split them up, plain and simple.But if they are doing damage like cain did although it may not have been very exciting most of the time I'm sure people wouldn't complain if someone squeaked in a huge uppercut KO or big elbow or a push off huge hook.

I am defending it but as along as the fighter is working. And yes i though half the main card fights were boring snooze fests

I suggested a pivotable Octagon once to prevent wall n stall and got banned for this glorious idea...

Seriously, use a ring or something instead of a cage then. The cage is there so it's a tool at everybody's disposal. If a fighter has the ability to utilize it to his/her benefit over another fighter, then so be it.

Also when you have a cage you enable that shit, This is why I always like the squared ring with ropes LONG LIVE PRIDE

Just instruct the refs to take points/break the fight more frequently.

Though, I'd love to see some UFC matches in a ring.

Sucks when fighters do that the entire fight. If it happens throughout the fight ok, but when it's the fighters strategy to hold em there then that's no good.

Put 'em in a ring dipshit.

Animals fight in a cage. You want mainstream acceptance and legality in New York put them in a ring.

This is such a fucken retarded thing to say. Ring isn't for mma, especially since there is a chance that the fighters can fall out the ring

This fight alone shows why rings shouldn't be used in mma

Dana can like or dislike whatever he wants, but the day he cuts a fighter who's winning for such a completely moronic reason is the day this sport stops having any kind of legitimacy claim over the WWE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back