Dan Henderson is much older than Fedor and had more mileage, more fights, damage when he KO’d him

God, shut the fuck up. Neither of these guys even fight in the UFC, why make this thread here? Go back to posting bizarre shirtless selfies in the OT instead of low effort bait posts.
This sub forum is the correct place for discussing past Strikeforce events. I disagree with TS’s opinion, but he posted in the correct place.

This sub forum is the correct place for discussing past Strikeforce events. I disagree with TS’s opinion, but he posted in the correct place.
In general you are right but I think Fedor deserves to be discussed in the heavies when talking about his career, he is arguably the GOAT so belongs in the heavies.

Daniel Cormier could get off his couch right now and flatten any version of Hendo that's ever fought with absolute ease. The whole Fedor being past his prime excuse doesn't really cut it. But he's worshipped around here, so don't expect any sort of rational or objective opinions. Fedor was a very good fighter who had a great run. More than half of his run was padded, however.

These threads are always started by stupid people.

There are no rules about when a fighter is or is not in his prime. Some fighters peak early, others peak late.

There are many factors that determine this, not just fight mileage (of which Fedor had much more, considering his Sambo background), but also genetics, training methods, motivation, fight style, punch resistance, etc…

Fighters like Ninja Rua might flame out very quickly, while others like say a Bernard Hopkins peak late and have extremely long careers.

Fedor fans were already talking about him being past his prime when he was beating guys like Brett Rogers and Andrei Arlovski. He had clearly devolved into a headhunter by that point.

To pretend that Brett Rogers and Arlovski were somehow more legitimate threats to Fedor than Big Nog or Cro-Cop is retarded.

Fedor didn’t start losing to B-level fighters because he got exposed in America. He started losing because he wasn’t remotely close to being the same fighter he was in Pride.

There does seem to be a rule where fighters who start competing at very high level when young have a steep decline when others hit their "prime". Of course everyone is different but keeping that level for a decade and beyond is a tall order.

We've seen this with Aldo, BJ Penn, Junior Dos Santos, Wanderlei, Vitor (well before the TRT), Gomi, Emelianenko too, even Jones clearly lost more than a step, and several others.
Guys like Oliveira that start taking big fights at a very young age and keep improving into their 30's seem to me to be an exception.

In general you are right but I think Fedor deserves to be discussed in the heavies when talking about his career, he is arguably the GOAT so belongs in the heavies.
I totally agree with you. Personally I think he’s such an icon that any thread about him should be fine in the Heavies, and not moved to Worldwide.

Lol so first you claim that he was in his prime and then when I told you people were saying he was out of his prime years before he lost then it's an excuse. Whatever goal post mover.

LMAO at anyone saying the Arlovski fight was Fedor's best performance, no one said that.
Yeah fans were concerned after the Arlovski fight; no fan thought it looked good, that literally was the fight where Fedor fans started talking about how he was not the same.

Very convenient pick for you.

Unfortunately that's another fight that shows how overrated Fedor was and is.

You can call it convenient if you want- that’s your opinion. As a guy that was watching MMA for a long time when that fight happened I can tell you that he was not in his prime anymore. That’s my opinion.

It doesn’t take a genius to watch him fight Rogers and see how different he physically looked, moved, and fought compared to when he fought Cro Cop a few years earlier. You just gotta get rid of that confirmation bias and it’s right there in front of you.

He didn't test positive in pride? Crazy
Aside from the fact that there’s no evidence he’s used PEDs, and to my knowledge there’s never been any serious accusation by anyone that he has—
You called him a filthy drug cheat, and then brought up an org where using them wouldn’t be cheating. Brilliant.

Mods have gotten a bit soft on this stuff imo. Saying or implying that a fighter was a PED user with no evidence whatsoever, should be carded.

Fedor had One submission loss, was many years younger, and had many less fights than Hendo.

How can anyone say that Dan fought a washed up or old Fedor?

Dan was the old guy in that fight!

The more shopworn veteran.

Everything you've said is true but Run! You've angered the cult!

In Pride they were not against the rules so they didn't test for them. But Fedor also fought in the US and his incentive to use PEDs was way higher because the effects of steroids are way more significant as you age. There is a reason why 30 use to be old in athletes and now is considered their prime, it's because of PEDs.

I don't see why anyone would really care if someone was on PEDs in Pride, especially when talking about Fedor vs Henderson when Henderson was allowed to take PEDs in Strikeforce and Fedor wasn't.

Aside from the fact that there’s no evidence he’s used PEDs, and to my knowledge there’s never been any serious accusation by anyone that he has—
You called him a filthy drug cheat, and then brought up an org where using them wouldn’t be cheating. Brilliant.

Mods have gotten a bit soft on this stuff imo. Saying or implying that a fighter was a PED user with no evidence whatsoever, should be carded.

Semantics if you're focusing on one word. Pretty obvious that all PRIDE dudes were on the sauce. Shit, pretty obvious that all fights are and were. Let's not kid ourselves. PRIDE fighters physically "declining" in their early 30s is no coincidence. They just had to regulate their shit and couldn't run wild.

Fedor had One submission loss, was many years younger, and had many less fights than Hendo.

How can anyone say that Dan fought a washed up or old Fedor?

Dan was the old guy in that fight!

The more shopworn veteran.
Dan was on TRT which helps when it comes to aging. Both guys are great though, no hate for either one, two legends of the sport. And obviously neither were in their prime, either.

Here's my take: Great fight, great fighters and Dan won. Is he the better fighter? Some say yes, some say no. I say 2 legends who went at it.

Lol so first you claim that he was in his prime and then when I told you people were saying he was out of his prime years before he lost then it's an excuse. Whatever goal post mover.

LMAO at anyone saying the Arlovski fight was Fedor's best performance, no one said that.

Goal post moving? I've been consistent the entire time. Major points: Fedor was in his prime when he got wrecked in Strikeforce, he's always been overrated, his fanboys conveniently pick a perfect timeframe to claim he was past prime in order to protect his legacy etc.

Fedor's performance against Arlovski was highly touted. All MMA forums were fully plastered with gifs of Fedor bobbing and weaving, slipping and ducking every single punch Arlovski threw at him. They claimed he was the least hit fighter in MMA with even better defense than Lyoto Machida, and this is right in the middle of the Machida era. You're either too demented to remember or you're lying about reality.

You don't go past your prime literally months after that performance. He got absolutely destroyed in his full peaked prime, 100%. Legacy destroyed forever after being exposed as a can crusher who was facing Hong Man Choice, Matt Lindland etc after Pride.

Back