Dan Henderson: 16 finishes in 41 fights; GSP: 13 finishes in 27 fights

It also shows durability, as other fighters would've been finished. Anyway, I meant as a positive aspect.

Lumping them together just confuses things really. If you say Hendo has finished 20 of his fights, you have to make sure to mention that 4 of those are losses or people will generally think he's finished 20 people.

If you go by a negative aspect, same thing but with their losses.

just say 20 did not go to decision.

please do not compare hendo to gsp.

that is an insult to hendo.

it worse bullshit to not count their losses.

If you have two fighters the first guys record is 3 wins via finish and 7 wins via decision and the second guy 2 wins via decision and 8 losses via decision who is the better fight finisher?

Why do the losses not count? A fight was started 10 times and one guy finished his opponent 3 times and the other guy 2 times.

it is the stupidest thing in the world to not count losses.

As Kenny Florian said "i finish fights" (not wins), because that is what the fans care about and want to see. Him finish his fights.

Well he didn't say "I get finished in fights" either. Its ok to count their losses, when you're counting their faults, but separate when doing so.

WTF? you drunk?

So if guys can hold you down, or dance around you, or just out fight and prevent you from ever finishing a fight in your career and you go 0 for all your fights for finishes then that has nothing to do with your finish rate if you lost all those fights?

WTF??

Did you think GSP vs Hendricks was boring? Or Bones vs Gustafsson?

just say 20 did not go to decision.

Ok... which ones did he win or lose?

You are a complete and utter loser. No more information necessary.

Good. Glad to be of service.

Incidentally, I've gotta say, if I'm gonna be a loser, I might as well be a compete and utter one.

That's almost like winning at losing.

Nothing worse than losing at losing.

Well he didn't say "I get finished in fights" either. Its ok to count their losses, when you're counting their faults, but separate when doing so.

every fight entered into can be finished. and the rate at which you finish FIGHTS is your finish rate.

Fighter 1 - 20 fights - wins 18 by finish and wins 2 by decision

Fighter 2 -20 fights - wins 2 by finish and loses 18 by decision.

Only a retard would say fighter 2 is the better fight finisher or that he has a better finish rate.

Well... yeah... unless you read the OP and realize that, wait a minute, GSP has a better finish rate than Dan Henderson.

Hendo: 16 finishes in 30 wins = 53.3%

GSP: 13 finishes in 25 wins = 52%

oh wait a minute, he doesn't.

Everyone knows that GSP lost against Hendricks, though, right.

So that would make 13 finishes in 24 'legit' wins, for a finishing rate of 54.2%.

GSP WAS ROBBED!

Yup.

That's how silly your argument is.

every fight entered into can be finished. and the rate at which you finish FIGHTS is your finish rate.

Only a retard would say fighter 2 is the better fight finisher or that he has a better finish rate.

Yeah, but you're stating which fights were wins and which were losses. TS wasn't. You are saying who finishes fights and who gets finished. Big difference.

OP has to compare GSP to someone who isn't even in the Pound for Pound top ten. I guess this means he is saying GSP isn't top ten either.

I think it's somehow slipped past you who this post is about.

Hint: He's fighting tomorrow.

You have to add in Dan's losses not just the fights he's won. He's had 41 fights.

And yes I know finish rate is calculated by factoring stoppages versus total wins but it never made sense to me not to figure in losses.

Last edited:
He used to be a Decision Dan, c'mon. Things changed once he fell in love with his right hand.

Okay, I get that I started it... but if this thread makes it to 100 posts I will lose all faith in humanity.

you wanted a sound byte, I gave you one. if someone wants details, explain it all to them. there isn't a way to simplify without losing details, that is the point of simplifying.

Yeah, but you're stating which fights were wins and which were losses. TS wasn't. You are saying who finishes fights and who gets finished. Big difference.

I am stating the only logical way to state a finish rate which is based on the number of fights the fighter entered into and how many of them (or the rate) he finished those fihgts.

Doing it the other way and only looking at wins leads to this absurdity.

WHO IS THE BETTER FIGHT FINISHER? GUY 1 OR 2? And who has the better finish rate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back