Dan Henderson: 16 finishes in 41 fights; GSP: 13 finishes in 27 fights

Hendo had finishes in 97, 99, 01, 03, 05, 07, 09, 10, 11, and 14.

That is all.

I think it's somehow slipped past you who this post is about.

Hint: He's fighting tomorrow.
Nothing slipped by me. Hendo has no connection to GSP at all. The only person putting GSP into the equation is a butthurt OP.

Didn't he spend some time fighting in orgs like RINGS where it was more difficult to get finishes?

Jake-Shields-pummeling-dan-henderson.jpg

but he does have that one awesome punch.

GSP-tapping-to-Strikes.gif

i dunno Shields beat Hendo, and GSP beat Sheilds with literally 1 eye, pretty telling

Reread my initial post dude. I Hendo faced better competition , not beat.

Shields also was the first guy to snap GSP's 33 round win streak which is super impressive.

Reread my initial post dude. I Hendo faced better competition , not beat.

Shields also was the first guy to snap GSP's 33 round win streak which is super impressive.

Jake Shields has put together one of the most underrated careers in all of MMA. Wish we could have seen him it to the ground against GSP just once... just to see.

Everyone knows that GSP lost against Hendricks, though, right.

So that would make 13 finishes in 24 'legit' wins, for a finishing rate of 54.2%.

GSP WAS ROBBED!

Yup.

That's how silly your argument is.

that's your best argument?

this is why debating with gsp fanboys is a complete joke...dumber than rocks.

And yes I know finish rate is calculated by factoring stoppages versus total wins but it never made sense to me not to figure in losses.

well, lets say we're talking about ronda...who has 100% finish rate. Now, if she loses her first fight, she would still have a 100% finish rate, nobody is gonna say she has a 90% finish rate. That's just silly. A loss usually never gets calculated when dealing with a fighter's finish rate, that's why it's called a "finish" rate. Otherwise, it would be called something else like an "overall fight finish % rate" or something long like that.

that's your best argument?

this is why debating with gsp fanboys is a complete joke...dumber than rocks.

Considering that your best argument seems to be that if GSP had only lost a few of those decisions along the way that would make him a better finisher in your eyes, Ima go ahead and take that as a compliment.

Considering that your best argument seems to be that if GSP had only lost a few of those decisions along the way that would make him a better finisher in your eyes, Ima go ahead and take that as a compliment.

It seems to me that you are still living in 2007 if you think gsp is a better finisher than hendo.

I just wish he wasn't cut.

Yeah... I feel like Zuffa basically set him up to lose and cut for three fights in a row, but he managed to get squeakers against Woodley and Maia. I'll admit I was surprised Lombard handled him like that.

What disappoints me most is I think the UFC could have sold him as a legit MW contender coming off of his win against Hendo, and we could have seen him fight Anderson, which is a much more interesting match-up (IMO) that Shields v GSP, which went pretty much how I imagined.

EVENT METHOD/REFEREE R TIME
WIN Johny Hendricks UFC 167 - St. Pierre vs. Hendricks
Nov / 16 / 2013 Decision (Split)
Mario Yamasaki 5 5:00
WIN Nick Diaz UFC 158 - St. Pierre vs. Diaz
Mar / 16 / 2013 Decision (Unanimous)
Yves Lavigne 5 5:00
WIN Carlos Condit UFC 154 - St. Pierre vs. Condit
Nov / 17 / 2012 Decision (Unanimous)
Yves Lavigne 5 5:00
WIN Jake Shields UFC 129 - St. Pierre vs. Shields
Apr / 30 / 2011 Decision (Unanimous)