Dan Henderson: 16 finishes in 41 fights; GSP: 13 finishes in 27 fights

This. It's bullshit to count their losses.

Also, "Decision Dan" was because he would win 50/50 decisions, NOT because he would constantly take fights to decision. People need to stop getting that confused.

I call bullshit on your bullshit. You stand in a cage for 3 or 5 entire rounds with another guy, and there's no finish, and because you won the decision, that makes you a boring fighter, but if you lose the decision, hey that one doesn't count.

That's some premium, grade 'A' bullshit, right there.

Georges hasn't finished a fight since 2009. That's why he gets hate. The ass end of Dan's career has been loaded with knockouts.

Probably Hendo. I admit it.

It's a shame GSP trained with so many experts like Roger Gracie, Danaher, Thai kickboxers, but didn't seem to pick up any finishing moves from them or use his years of top level experience to do crafty effective finishes like Hendo does.

Yes, yes. Hendo's 1 finishing move that has worked a dozen so times and, much more of the time, has lead to a decision or him being finished is sooooo craft.

I call bullshit on your bullshit. You stand in a cage for 3 or 5 entire rounds with another guy, and there's no finish, and because you won the decision, that makes you a boring fighter, but if you lose the decision, hey that one doesn't count.

That's some premium, grade 'A' bullshit, right there.

A decision doesn't make you a boring fighter either. What the fuck is this shit?

If Dan is held down for 5 rounds, he couldn't get the finish because the other guy was better. It has nothing to do with his finishing rate. Dumb thread.

It's Friday night.

Ima go ahead and assume you're drunk.

Let's go over some of their top fights competition-wise.

Hendo - Big Nog X2, Fedor, Wand X2, Shogun X2, Anderson, Rampage, Vitor

GSP - Hughes X3, Penn X2, Fitch, Koscheck, Condit, Shields, Hendricks

I'd agree with him. GSP has been more successful while Hendo has delivered classics while maintaining a respectable record and fighting in more weightclasses.

So what would a finished loss be counted as. You have to separate their wins and losses.

Hendo: 30 wins 16 by finish, 11 losses 4 by finish, I guess you forgot those too.

GSP: 25 wins 13 by finish, 2 losses 2 by finish.

:rolleyes:

The point is, when you're talking about how exciting or boring a fighter is, it's a bit rich to suggest that a guy who fought to multiple losing decisions is more exciting than a guy who fought to multiple winning decisions... because, hey, losing decisions don't count.

But if you insist, let's do it like this:

Of GSP's 27 fights, 15 have ended in finishes.

Of Dan's 41 fights, 20 have ended in finishes.

I remember. Now Dan is a old slow underdog with KO power. Who doesn't love that?

It's like a nervous energy watching him fight, waiting for that right.

Bisping fight really helped Dan's career. Such a fitting ending and soooooo many awesome bisping shoops lol

If you want me to be honest, GSP's.

Hendo is 'exciting' in a rock-em-sock-em sort of way... but watching a guy ducking his head and winging looping overhand rights over and over isn't exactly what I'd call an intriguing event.

Well that's fair enough, I disagree but it's different strokes for different folks. So what's the point of this thread though? Since when is there any pissing match between GSP and Hendo? Both guys are legends of the sport already. I just don't see why you're trying to compare these guys wins like this....is Hendo shit if he has a lower finishing % than GSP?

What the fuck did I walk in on?? I enjoy watching both guys fight. I have all but 2 of GSP's UFC fights on DVD, and I have around 20 Hendo Pride/UFC fights on DVD too. I enjoy some of there fights more than others.
What the fuck is the point here?

What the fuck did I walk in on?? I enjoy watching both guys fight. I have all but 2 of GSP's UFC fights on DVD, and I have around 20 Hendo Pride/UFC fights on DVD too. I enjoy some of there fights more than others.
What the fuck is the point here?

TS is a mad GSP fan.

Henderson is a one trick pony. Without the right hand, it's unlikely he finishes anyone.

GSP had to face ever increasing competition.

The point is, when you're talking about how exciting or boring a fighter is, it's a bit rich to suggest that a guy who fought to multiple losing decisions is more exciting than a guy who fought to multiple winning decisions... because, hey, losing decisions don't count.

But if you insist, let's do it like this:

Of GSP's 27 fights, 15 have ended in finishes.

Of Dan's 41 fights, 20 have ended in finishes.

People that think a fight that goes to a decision are either stupid or Dana White. It depends on how the fight goes, not how it ends... usually (unless some jaw dropping finish happens).

I would prefer watch GSP vs anyone, than a replay of Mir vs Cro Cop.

And when people prefer to watch Henderson, well he's had some great fights. But he's had some awful fights as well.

GSP used to finish fighters but not anymore, Dan is the exact opposite

It's Friday night.

Ima go ahead and assume you're drunk.

no he is correct
Dan did face stiffer name competition, in different weight classes, Konster however failed to mention he lost a lot more than GSP too, selective memory

Edit
Konster, my apologies

Let's go over some of their top fights competition-wise.

Hendo - Big Nog X2, Fedor, Wand X2, Shogun X2, Anderson, Rampage, Vitor

GSP - Hughes X3, Penn X2, Fitch, Koscheck, Condit, Shields, Hendricks

I'd agree with him. GSP has been more successful while Hendo has delivered classics while maintaining a respectable record and fighting in more weightclasses.

I can live with a differing opinion on this one... but I don't think it's a coincidence that GSP's most respected wins came against guys who made their names before he was the top dog (namely Hughes and Penn).

GSP's competition appears weaker on the surface precicily because it is made up of guys who couldn't beat GSP. Likewise, Hendo's competition appears stronger on first glance at least partly because a number of those guys beat Hendo.

If you go by the rankings of their opponents at the time when the fought, though, GSP has the stronger resume.

Back