Dan Henderson: 16 finishes in 41 fights; GSP: 13 finishes in 27 fights

Well... hmmm... so I can't even count their decision losses?

GSP gets static for a decision win... but let's not count Hendo's decision losses against him.

Convenient.

I'm not counting GSP's losses either, as why I said their losses. No fighter wants to lose by getting finished.

Jake-Shields-pummeling-dan-henderson.jpg

but he does have that one awesome punch.

Indeed.

Like Barry Bonds.

I meant smarter and with more tricks than rookies, not roid/HGH related. Hendo's head isn't Tito Ortiz sized.

I'm talking Hendo's bottom escape + underarm KO punch vs. Fedor. Hendo's midair position change Greco throw takedown whatever you call it vs. Feijao. Hendo's one underhook + power punch to Shogun's nose. Hendo's picking the right time to blow his load on the super high speed Bisping KO punch.

Hendo got 6 of his last 10 wins by finish (GSP got one, the Penn corner stoppage). Win or loss he didn't have anywhere near as many snoozers (outside Machida and perhaps Shields).

Plus he's 'murican so yea he won't get as much flack. I still remember his Decision Dan days though.

Okay, I can understand why you might not count the Vitor head kick KO against him in the current discussion... but I really do think it's crazy to suggest we should ignore the Shad, Machida, Shields decisions just because he lost them.

Add those in (which you should) and it's 6 of 13. Which, let's admit, is nothing nearly as special as everyone likes to make out.

Daily reminder that the Decision Dan moniker was a jab at Dan getting controversial decisions go his way often, not for any boring style.

He did go to decision more often back then though.

I'm not counting GSP's losses either, as why I said their losses. No fighter wants to lose by getting finished.

I'm pretty sure you understood my point... but have decided to play dumb. So that's that, I guess.

Whose fights have you enjoyed more in the last 5 years?

Probably Hendo. I admit it.

It's a shame GSP trained with so many experts like Roger Gracie, Danaher, Thai kickboxers, but didn't seem to pick up any finishing moves from them or use his years of top level experience to do crafty effective finishes like Hendo does.

I'm pretty sure you understood my point... but have decided to play dumb. So that's that, I guess.

So what would a finished loss be counted as. You have to separate their wins and losses.

Hendo: 30 wins 16 by finish, 11 losses 4 by finish, I guess you forgot those too.

GSP: 25 wins 13 by finish, 2 losses 2 by finish.

:rolleyes:

Hendo: 16 finishes in 30 wins

GSP: 13 finishes in 25 wins.

Don't count their losses.

This. It's bullshit to count their losses.

Also, "Decision Dan" was because he would win 50/50 decisions, NOT because he would constantly take fights to decision. People need to stop getting that confused.

Whose fights have you enjoyed more in the last 5 years?

If you want me to be honest, GSP's.

Hendo is 'exciting' in a rock-em-sock-em sort of way... but watching a guy ducking his head and winging looping overhand rights over and over isn't exactly what I'd call an intriguing event.

It's Friday night.

Ima go ahead and assume you're drunk.

Nah, I'm high in some shit that I can't say.

That however is not effecting my train of thought. Henderson definitely fought tougher commotion, he just didn't fair against them as good as GSP did against his opposition.

This. It's bullshit to count their losses.

Also, "Decision Dan" was because he would win 50/50 decisions, NOT because he would constantly take fights to decision. People need to stop getting that confused.

Split Decision Dan, honorary Japanese hometown fighter at least in the eyes of Pride judges.

Nah, I'm high in some shit that I can't say.

That however is not effecting my train of thought. Henderson definitely fought tougher commotion, he just didn't fair against them as good as GSP did against his opposition.

The drugs do seem to be effecting your auto-correct.

Back