Cyborg & Miesha Tate: We Should Be Fighting Ronda Rousey

Ya, that's right.

I constantly hyperbolise my attacks in my posts based on frustration. I get it. Bottom line is, they should fight..... but Cyborg's too big. I wish they'd bring her in with some 145s - tell her to shut up about Ronda, and showcase her. She's an exciting fighter - and we'd have 3 women's champs who are very interesting, and also very different. Test the waters, and see if the public ends up really wanting the Rousey-Cyborg fight at catchweight, or whatever. If Cyborg is marketed properly, and keeps thumping everyone while looking like Grendel's mother, she'll have a Rousey type aura of invincibility, and Rousey would have less to lose by fighting and possibly losing to her at a higher weight.

Hahahahaha. Awesome.

Of course, the appearance of Grendel's ma is hotly debated in certain academic circles and there is a wide range of popular interpretations as well:

MV5BMTMxODgwMTUzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDQxODc4._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

vs

monsters-10.jpg

Ya, that's right.

I constantly hyperbolise my attacks in my posts based on frustration. I get it. Bottom line is, they should fight..... but Cyborg's too big. I wish they'd bring her in with some 145s - tell her to shut up about Ronda, and showcase her. She's an exciting fighter - and we'd have 3 women's champs who are very interesting, and also very different. Test the waters, and see if the public ends up really wanting the Rousey-Cyborg fight at catchweight, or whatever. If Cyborg is marketed properly, and keeps thumping everyone while looking like Grendel's mother, she'll have a Rousey type aura of invincibility, and Rousey would have less to lose by fighting and possibly losing to her at a higher weight.

I agree in theory on making a WFW division in the UFC, but who is really marketable at that weight (besides Coenen, who already lost to Cyborg)? If they could lure Gina out of retirement, then a Cyborg rematch, though a complete mismatch due to inactivity, would jump-start that division.

Why does she claim to be able to beat any fighter on the UFC roster? Why should she be calling out Mayweather whos in a completely different sport lol?

Apparently she can call out everyone except Cyborg... if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck I wonder what it is?

A duck full of PEDs?

I agree in theory on making a WFW division in the UFC, but who is really marketable at that weight (besides Coenen, who already lost to Cyborg)? If they could lure Gina out of retirement, then a Cyborg rematch, though a complete mismatch due to inactivity, would jump-start that division.

You're right from an educated fan perspective. But, shallowness of division hasn't stopped the other two divs. If the fans will buy Bethe.... well, the UFC can sell anything.

Why can't meisha get she has lost twice to R3 through her thick skull already? Does she need reminding every hour?

dana and ronda will continue to duck cyborg no matter what they say otherwise. cyborg is willing to make weight.

dana and ronda will continue to duck cyborg no matter what they say otherwise. cyborg is willing to make weight.

No she's not. All she has to do is beat up some can at 135 in Invicta and she gets an instant UFC titleshot. She's been scheduled for 135 before, and has pulled out and gotten her fight changed back to 145. She is willing to say she will make weight, that's it.

i guarantee u after standing next and hanging around the borg, tate regrets ever saying she would fight cyborg, pure suicide.

11049604_966962413326376_5288434624518005995_n.jpg

i wish male fighters in other orgs who are known cheaters would call out UFC fighters in smaller weight classes

would be swell

i wish male fighters in other orgs who are known cheaters would call out UFC fighters in smaller weight classes

would be swell
Ronda called out Cyborg long before anyone knew who Ronda was. It's how her popularity began. It's how she got her title shot against Tate with only 4 fights.

I'm fairly certain Miesha will only be content when Ronda literally rips her arm off.

I feel like Meisha fighting cyborg would solve this problem pretty easily.

would be swell
good thing that drug testing exists then hey? i could give a rat's ass who has cheated and got caught in the past. if cyborg pisses clean come fight time then what difference does it make? that argument is so stupid and constantly repeated by ronda because she knows she'd get her ass handed to her.

Miesha needs to wait her turn. She's already lost twice to Ronda, and it's likely she'll lose again. What then? I doubt there's gonna be a 4th fight, she should just wait as long as possible imo.

Voted yes in the poll but with an asterisk for both girls:

* Miesha already lost twice and wasn't remotely competitive. Based on merit she should be next but it not hard to understand how they'd go a different direction.

* Cyborg says she can make weight. If so then put up or shut up. Once he hits 135 I'll be shouting for that fight with everyone else. Till then it's just idle chatter.

If Justino would shuts up and make 135 in time to fight Tate at UFC 195, it will be one of the most epic cards ever!

Rousey vs. Holm
Jędrzejczyk vs. Gadelha
Tate vs. Justino

Ofcourse it wouldn't happen though. 3 years into the grand plan of losing 10 lbs and still have nothing to show for it but hot air, plus an added 10 lbs on top of the original 165.

I dont understand why people think Meisha should have gotten the shot. She was easily finished and dominated in both of her fights with Ronda. That's like saying Cain v JDS 4 would be a good idea right now.

I knew when I saw then training this was coming

Meisha not really using common sense here. Everybody knows she got screwed over this time. Don't see how she wouldn't get the next shot or be the immediate stand-in of Holly gets hurt. And everybody should know unless Cyborg makes 135 there is nothing to talk about. So why would Meisha tie herself to Cyborg and kinda go against the UFC when it only makes her situation seem less credible than if looked at separately?

I don't care who would like to see the matchup, if you can't make weight, there will never be much mainstream support and that would be if most the public knew who Cyborg was. People do know Tate. Seems like the smart thing to do would be just wait for the next fight. But IDK, maybe she is worried they will pass her over yet again? But if she wins her next fight that would basically be almost impossible, even for the UFC. In fact, the only scenario where she would be cut in line against ironically would be if Cyborg made weight. What a weird alliance.

Back