Cyborg & Miesha Tate: We Should Be Fighting Ronda Rousey

Is Cyborg going to have to ask to be released from a Zuffa contract twice now?

For WMMA my favorite fighter is Michelle Waterson. 115 and 105 is where the most talent is.

The BW vs SW debate aside, that's factually untrue about 105. There are less than half as many pro fighters there as at 135 and even slightly less than 145, it's just too small a weight for most women who train MMA now. Could change in the future if WMMA becomes more popular in Asia or current SWs drop down but 105's current talent pool is downright tiny.

People need to stop being fooled by greater speed and agility due to smaller size, it's nuts to say 105 has a deep talent pool when 125 has roughly THREE times as many fighters and 145 has a similar number.

The claim that 105 has one of the deeper WMMA talent pools has as much basis in reality as saying men's 115 is one of the deeper MMMA divisions or that 145 is one of the deeper WMMA divisions, yet is somewhat common because it's not as 'obvious' as those two and probably because people like the idea of there being lots of skilled female martial artists who are 105 lbs.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter that Tate has lost twice to Ronda. She earned her way back. Then Dana said publicly, that she had the next shot. If he had not said that. Then she couldn't say much. Just sit, and wait for her shot. But, she has the right to be pissed off. Don't forget, she would stand to make a good pay cheque for a title bout. Nothing she says can be called whining. Especially, considering how she found out she was dumped, for HH.

As for Cyborg. Lose the effing weight, and get the fight. It's pretty clear cut, isn't it ?

Tate has a legit grievance. Cyborg is talking out of her ass.

Why should Ronda have to cater to a cheaters demands?

Since when does the challenger get to call the shots?
I don't get that from Cyborg fans.

Not really a bastion of logic and reasons, those guys.

I want to see how holly does
And I want to see miesha fight
Cat again cyborg needs to make weight

Now what am I gonna do whit all this
Damn vcash

Are you sure about that?

No, it's an ignorant assumption based on 'common sense' - which is actually wrong - that there 'should' be a lot of 105 lb female fighters. Just like the common blind assumption that SW has a much larger talent pool than BW.

The average man would weigh closer to 160 lbs in shape and not 190-200 lbs lean and jacked, so FW must be vastly deeper than WW right?

Last edited:
No, it's an ignorant assumption based on 'common sense' - which is actually wrong - that there 'should' be a lot of 105 lb female fighters. Just like the common blind assumption that SW has a much larger talent pool than BW.

The average man would weigh closer to 160 lbs in shape and not 190-200 lbs lean and jacked, so FW must be vastly deeper than WW right?

To say nothing of the fact that people here overlook that women who regularly engage in resistance training gain weight, even while reducing physical size (to a degree, depending on their goals). Some of the stupidest shit I have seen here says there are not many "fit, athletic women" over 140lbs. in the US. Of course, women's track and field, among many other sports, would be surprised to hear that.

Miesha will never get shot #4, so her career will be pretty much nothing but a downhill slide after #3. If she was smart she would delay it a bit.

Cyborg, she can have the fight literally anytime she wants, she just has to prove she can make 135, something she has never done. She can do it easily, here is Cyborg before steroids at a walk-around weight more than 30 pounds less than what she weighs now, almost small enough to cut to 115.

4CxJNh3.jpg

Still healthy and athletic, not depleted, even still looks like a woman. She just needs to return her body to closer to what it was pre-cheating, nobody is asking her to dehydrate 10 more pounds.

Her face looked so much different back then.

Yes. We all know Rousey is ducking Cyborg and I think Tate beats Holm rather easily.

What an awkward interview.

Anyway Miesha got 2 shots already. Cyborg is just plain dumb, she could have her title shot presented on a silver platter if she just played by the rules.

What an awkward interview.

Anyway Miesha got 2 shots already. Cyborg is just plain dumb, she could have her title shot presented on a silver platter if she just played by the rules.

Miesha got one shot. She gave the first one to Rousey in Strikeforce, and she stepped in as an injury replacement for Zingano in the UFC (and on TUF) the second time.

Cyborg should put up, or shut up.

Miesha got one shot. She gave the first one to Rousey in Strikeforce, and she stepped in as an injury replacement for Zingano in the UFC (and on TUF) the second time.

Cyborg should put up, or shut up.

Ah, I completely forgot that Miesha had the belt there. Interesting.

Ah, I completely forgot that Miesha had the belt there. Interesting.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but it could be argued that Rousey vs. Tate III (should it ever happen) is the first 'legitimate' title fight between them, in terms of the challenger earning it traditionally via ranked wins. Rousey had only had 4 fights prior to the first fight and she stepped over Sarah Kaufman (who had previously been told she would get it) to get the shot. Tate was coming off a TKO loss to Zingano (and 1-2 in her last 3 fights) prior to UFC 168.

Back