Cyborg & Miesha Tate: We Should Be Fighting Ronda Rousey

Miesha is the only one who can hang with Ronda in the 135 division,

sucks we get to see Ronda fight another nobody

Ronda looks pathetic constantly compareing herself with Mayweather
If she is so great why can she not move up 5lb and fight the best?
Im sure Jones would accept a 240lb fight versus Cain

1. Do you really think Holm is a nobody in female combat sports? Calling her a nobody is an ignorant thing to say.

2. Do you really think there is only a five pound difference between Cyborg and Ronda? This is also an ignorant thing to say. Cyborg is much bigger than anyone at BW, including Ronda.

Because they are both the best WMMA has to offer. They are only 1 weight class apart. Dana will never let it happen if he feels Cyborg will beat his golden girl. That's the reason why we won't see this fight anytime soon.

The UFC offered the fight to Cyborg and her team more than once and she turned them all down. In fact, she flat turned down a fight at 135 without a warm up, and on another occasion her team asked for multiple "warm up fights" at 140 and then at one point a test fight at 135 to show that Cyborg could make the weight.

In early 2013...

However, the 10-1

Cyborg is so big lol. I don't want her to try and make 135 because she'll die. 140 is good.

you sound like a scurred lil rousey fan. no one you mentioned would last 1 round

Na, i welcome the fight so u haterade drinking little 7th graders can shut da fack up and see Cybro is the biggest hype. Cybro is Wolf Tickets and will remain that way Untill she proves otherwise. Make 135 and dont be scared to fight without the PEDs...its simple homie

LMAO, I remember that thread. This change of heart about Holm now that the fight is actually signed is all you need to know about the mindset of a lot Ronda's haters - clinging to whatever flimsy rationale they can find in order to justify their impotent rage. The level desperation is sad but the troll in me finds it a goldmine of potential LULZ.

To be fair anyone who thought someone without a ground game could beat an Olympic level Judoka isn't very aware of the intricacies of combat. That's the reason everyone knows Ronda can't be beat by anyone in the UFC (specially since most of them are Blue Belts).

Na, i welcome the fight so u haterade drinking little 7th graders can shut da fack up and see Cybro is the biggest hype. Cybro is Wolf Tickets and will remain that way Untill she proves otherwise. Make 135 and dont be scared to fight without the PEDs...its simple homie

How do you type a message like that, and accuse others of being 7th graders ?.
That was Dana White twitter level maturity.
Don't let these guys get to you too much.

Homie.

The only way either of them beat Ronda is if she fights them at the same time, 2 on 1

Why didn't they ask them are they legitimately going to fight each other? That would've been the first thing I'd ask them two.

To be fair anyone who thought someone without a ground game could beat an Olympic level Judoka isn't very aware of the intricacies of combat. That's the reason everyone knows Ronda can't be beat by anyone in the UFC (specially since most of them are Blue Belts).

That may be true but there were a lot of guys in that thread who were just convinced that Holm would wreck Ronda and insisted that Dana's stated problem with her managent was nothing more than a pretense to protect his star. I don't have the time or interest to look it up but What do you think those guys are saying now that the fight has been booked?

LMAO, I remember that thread. This change of heart about Holm now that the fight is actually signed is all you need to know about the mindset of a lot Ronda's haters - clinging to whatever flimsy rationale they can find in order to justify their impotent rage. The level desperation is sad but the troll in me finds it a goldmine of potential LULZ.

I guarantee you this: when she finally makes 135 and gets wrecked by Zingano and Nunes in her first two BW fights, fake Juicetino fans gonna climb over each other to jump off the hype train even faster than fake Holmies.

That may be true but there were a lot of guys in that thread who were just convinced that Holm would wreck Ronda and insisted that Dana's stated problem with her managent was nothing more than a pretense to protect his star. I don't have the time or interest to look it up but What do you think those guys are saying now that the fight has been booked?

They're probably not very smart to begin with so it really doesn't matter. I was just saying that anyone who's been watching combat sports for a while would've known better. I don't think Miesha is a threat either as she keeps getting worst while Honda got better. Cyborg is an interesting fight and probably the less predictable one.

Ronda's claims are bullshit. Some find them more irritating than others, but I don't think too many people take them very seriously.

Not fighting a huge FW is a very reasonable position for the BW champ. Trying to use her comments as leverage to show why the fight should happen highlights the ridiculousness of those comments, but doesn't make Ronda's refusal to move up any more ridiculous.

meh, not so sure.

you say this because you assume she doesnt mean them. (im guessing youre thinking "well if i were to say that, would i mean it?") but in her case she MAY ACTUALLY THINK IT BY NOW.

If thats true, using those comments DOES have 2 purposes, it both highlights why she needs to fight Cyborg in a division she has fought before, and if she refuses it also serves to show how ridiculous Ronda is.

I think people aren't giving top level Judo enough credit, and it shows when they say Ronda won't be able to clinch with Holm.
Many aren't familiar with Judo apart from Osoto Gari's or Uchi Mata's, when there's over 60 different throws. You bet your ass Ronda knows them all.

There isn't a current fighter with Ronda's level of Judo in MMA.
I see it as the equivalent of a Black Belt BJJ vs anyone lower ranked, but on the feet.

Trained Judo for a year with an '88 Seoul Silver medalist. His mind for trips/throws and his positioning on the feet to not get thrown made me want to give up life.

When you have complete confidence on your feet to throw anyone, any time you aren't worried about much, even striking.

If people think Ronda can't dart in/clinch & throw anybody, they're delusion.

Tate got screwed, but to be fair, she has lost twice before in decisive fashion.

As for Cyborg, make 135, join the bantamweight UFC division, then throw down a challenge. Im a fan of Cyborg, but Ronda isnt going near her unless itsa t 135 which is completely justified on Rondas part.

meh, not so sure.

you say this because you assume she doesnt mean them. (im guessing youre thinking "well if i were to say that, would i mean it?") but in her case she MAY ACTUALLY THINK IT BY NOW.

If thats true, using those comments DOES have 2 purposes, it both highlights why she needs to fight Cyborg in a division she has fought before, and if she refuses it also serves to show how ridiculous Ronda is.

Um, no. Ronda's claims to be able to beat any woman alive grappling, to beat Mayweather, or whatever else to that effect are bullshit whether she means them or not.

Her unwillingness to fight Cyborg at 145 remains sensible. She has little to gain and much to lose by taking that fight at 145, similar to most champs, and which also explains why RDA has no plans to fight Lawler anytime soon. Were Cyborg to make 135, that dynamic would change.

Ronda did formerly fight at FW, but she is a much better fit at BW. Cyborg used to fight at bantamweight, but she is a better fit at FW, and she is looking more like a LW these days. I find that those kind of comments are usually intended to obscure the significant size difference between the two.

Back