Curtis Blaydes Angry About "Juiced" Brock Lesnar Getting Title Shot, Doesn't Think UFC Is a Sport

giphy.gif

Couldn't agree more with everything Curtis said

I dont disagree but this complaining is stupid. Highlighting the obvious doesnt do anything

Blaydes speaks the truth.

Mma is a sport but the UFC is first and foremost, a business.

NOBODY wants to watch Blaydes ‘cause he’s boring as fuck. No Pinterest, no title shot.

MMA is a sport but it's format isn't based on competition level, which can be frustrating when you have a ranking system.
I mean what's the point of a ranking system if you're not even going to follow it?

If you gave gladiators control of the Colosseum, don't you think the rules would start to get bent and they would start to get rich?

well he isnt wrong... MLB wouldnt let CM Punk play... hell one of the greatest athletes off all time could only make the minors.

Its prize fighting, a promotion, not a league...

Understandably so. What the fuck are they going to do if Brock manages to win? This is a freak show fight. May as well be DC vs Giant Silva or Hong Man Choi.

Then UFC gets another major PPV out of his title defense. Wtf do you mean lol.

Lesnar isn’t some bum off the street. He’s a former champion, and there is no denying his wrestling skill despite what is suspected about his ped use. Should Lesnar have jumped the line? Probably not.

Blaydes general idea isn’t wrong, but he could have better articulated his point.

(Lesnar conversation continues at 15:10)

“I don’t even view Brock as a legitimate MMA fighter,” Blaydes told Submission Radio. “He was juiced to the gills when he fought in the early to mid-2000’s. So I don’t respect juice heads. This isn’t a sport. It’s not a sport like the NFL or the NBA or MLB or NHL or any other major sports leagues in the world, because in any of those leagues you can’t just be a guy off the street and just take a guy’s spot on the roster cause you’re famous. That would be like if Will Smith was like, ‘yo, I really like the Lakers, I want to play for the Lakers’. I don’t think skill matters quite as much as marketability.”​

SOURCE: https://www.mmamania.com/2018/8/30/...ort-full-of-juice-heads-like-brock-lesnar-mma

it would be like if will smith joined the lakers and then made the all-star game based on his play.

Back