Curtis Blaydes Angry About "Juiced" Brock Lesnar Getting Title Shot, Doesn't Think UFC Is a Sport

(Lesnar conversation continues at 15:10)

“I don’t even view Brock as a legitimate MMA fighter,” Blaydes told Submission Radio. “He was juiced to the gills when he fought in the early to mid-2000’s. So I don’t respect juice heads. This isn’t a sport. It’s not a sport like the NFL or the NBA or MLB or NHL or any other major sports leagues in the world, because in any of those leagues you can’t just be a guy off the street and just take a guy’s spot on the roster cause you’re famous. That would be like if Will Smith was like, ‘yo, I really like the Lakers, I want to play for the Lakers’. I don’t think skill matters quite as much as marketability.”​

SOURCE: https://www.mmamania.com/2018/8/30/...ort-full-of-juice-heads-like-brock-lesnar-mma

News flash.... This has been happening for years... in all organizations in many different fight cards/places on cards.. Fighters that may /will draw ratings may or may not get fights or placement on cards they don’t technically deserve.... Go as far back as Tank fucking Abbott getting a fight against new up and coming, talented prospect, Frank Mir... Or Kimbo Slice vs. Dada 5000 getting main event... and so on.. Combat sports will always have a “sports entertainment” aspect to them.. always have, always will...

Who’s gunna tune in for Curtis Blaydes vs Daniel Cormier over Lesner vs Cormier.... ??

Well he’s not wrong. Ufc isn’t a sport. Now MMA on the other hand...

it isnt a sport its a motherfucking circus.

I meant the part about it not being a "sport" ;)

You're right. Sports are about entertainment, and Blaydes is the opposite of that. If anyone brings shame to the sport of MMA it's him not Brock Lesnar.

Although I can't hate on him too much given his Norwood -3 helmet hairline.

It was obvious hyperbole, hence the may as well be... obviously Brock is more accomplished. The point still stands, this is a freak show fight. Brock popped his last fight, and is coming off losses before that. He’s only dipping his toe in this MMA stuff. To think he’d stick around and defend (in the slim chance he pulls off the upset) is silly. This is a sideshow attraction, Dana the carnival barker. Are you now going to respond telling me how Dana is a successful multi-millionaire fight promoter and not a lowly carnival barker?

i'll tell you he's president of a promotional fight organization.

i don't think you understand what a freak show fight actually is. brock is an accomplished mma fighter. freakshow fights were mismatched fights either without accomplished mma fighters or spanning weight classes. if this fight happens, it's not an earned title shot but it's not a freak show fight.

I'd say about even to having belts, and not having (read my signature).

Really, 100% honest question here! Why have UFC championship belts when you DO NOT have mandatory time frame established and set in stone as to when and how they WILL be defended?

Every mature combat sport obviously has the advantage over infantile MMA, but it is time to get off the porch 25 years into the ting!
because there's no real reason for them to have a fixed timeframe. what does "how they will be defended" mean?

Say what you want about him but the guy was a champion who defended his belt.

Understandably so. What the fuck are they going to do if Brock manages to win? This is a freak show fight. May as well be DC vs Giant Silva or Hong Man Choi.

Does it matter? DC retiring so no matter who wins ... the belt will be unclaimed shortly thereafter.

It's not breaking news that the UFC sets up fights according to what will make the most money.

It's not breaking news that the UFC sets up fights according to what will make the most money.
Title fights almost always go to deserving challengers. That’s not really debatable.

I have a feeling that Blaydes will leave the UFC after the N'gannou fight.

Hope Blaydes gets the title shot, if he beats Ngannou.

He would beat everyone he has fought if he does.

<CanYouSeeMeNow><CanYouSeeMeNow><CanYouSeeMeNow>

Brock-Lesnar-Wink.gif

Back