Curtis Blaydes Angry About "Juiced" Brock Lesnar Getting Title Shot, Doesn't Think UFC Is a Sport

Yeah, NFL and co. definitely don't have juiceheads. Yeah, boxing isn't in such a funk that KSI/Logan Paul actually drew some kind of response. I like Blaydes and all but Brock is legit. He was legit before he was ever famous. That doesn't mean he's clean but he's a former champion and as good of a heavyweight as their was in his prime. He lost to some killers for sure but for the small sample size and transitioning from amateur wrestling to MMA after such a long career as a pro-wrestler I feel like he exceeded virtually all expectations.

Brock is legit or Brock getting a title shot is legit?

Juice head?

So am I to understand that Curtis will not be angry if Brock comes in and tests clean all the way through to the fight and after? If that is what he is eluding to, I think we all agree with him. Brock flat out should NOT be allowed to fight DC if he test positive for ANY BANNED SUBSTANCE.

If Curtis is simply dwelling on the past and whining, his agent needs to call him, and explain the potential financial gain available to him by Lesnar getting the shot first. Win - win scenario for Curtis financially!

Brock somehow pulls it out, and Curtis is likely making 2x - 3x the $$$ fighting Brock for the title than he would fighting D.C.
D.C. obliterate Brock, and retires, Curtis is highly likely to compete for the open HW strap.

unless you have a reason to believe they're fixing fights, there's no question about their legitimacy. they've always been about the fights people want to see
No not necessarily. That's assuming everyone wants to see the same thing. They don't cater to the hardcore demographic because they know that they'll watch no matter what. If they did many fights that's happened would have never happened.

Instead they try to cater to the market of people that only casually watch. Thus the more "promotable" (not best or deserving fighters) get marquee spots.

It has nothing to do with fight fixing. I'd be a damn fool though to assume I've never watched a fixed fight under the UFC banner.

Of course it is not a sport. It's human cockfighting.

uSzRSJm.gif

(Lesnar conversation continues at 15:10)

“I don’t even view Brock as a legitimate MMA fighter,” Blaydes told Submission Radio. “He was juiced to the gills when he fought in the early to mid-2000’s. So I don’t respect juice heads. This isn’t a sport. It’s not a sport like the NFL or the NBA or MLB or NHL or any other major sports leagues in the world, because in any of those leagues you can’t just be a guy off the street and just take a guy’s spot on the roster cause you’re famous. That would be like if Will Smith was like, ‘yo, I really like the Lakers, I want to play for the Lakers’. I don’t think skill matters quite as much as marketability.”​

SOURCE: https://www.mmamania.com/2018/8/30/...ort-full-of-juice-heads-like-brock-lesnar-mma

I agree with him 100%.

He needs to let this go and just trash talk both of them, say some heated comments, put out tweets, get on podcasts, and set himself up to face the winner.

He should be working on making fans think it’s obvious that he will face the winner.

And for all he’s complaining, he will WISH that Brock is the winner he gets to fight.

No not necessarily. That's assuming everyone wants to see the same thing. They don't cater to the hardcore demographic because they know that they'll watch no matter what. If they did many fights that's happened would have never happened.

Instead they try to cater to the market of people that only casually watch. Thus the more "promotable" (not best or deserving fighters) get marquee spots.

It has nothing to do with fight fixing. I'd be a damn fool though to assume I've never watched a fixed fight under the UFC banner.

what you want to see is irrelevant as far as legitimacy. Ufc is presented as real fighting and who they decide to fight for their belts has never impugned their legitimacy

what you want to see is irrelevant as far as legitimacy. Ufc is presented as real fighting and who they decide to fight for their belts has never impugned their legitimacy
Dude that's the definition of illegitimacy. In a competitive world you let the fighters decide who fights for the belts by fighting and beating each other. You don't let a promoter tell you who is the best in the then you ask why and they just say "trust us".

Dude that's the definition of illegitimacy. In a competitive world you let the fighters decide who fights for the belts by fighting and beating each other. You don't let a promoter tell you who is the best in the then you ask why and they just say "trust us".

They put on the fights people are most willing to pay to see. The whole idea of the ufc has always rested on the idea that it's unscripted combat, the format of championship fights has never been a major factor

They put on the fights people are most willing to pay to see. The whole idea of the ufc has always rested on the idea that it's unscripted combat, the format of championship fights has never been a major factor
I agree with you but it's not that simple. Just because the combat is unscripted doesn't mean everyone gets treated the same.

An entertaining fighter might get a title shot after 5 wins while a more dominant "boring" fighter might have to get 9 wins because it's up to promotor's discretion who does what.

Understandably so. What the fuck are they going to do if Brock manages to win? This is a freak show fight. May as well be DC vs Giant Silva or Hong Man Choi.
We all know, as well as Brock and DC and everyone in the UFC that Brock is coming for a paycheque and has no chance , or even that much interest

Juice head?

So am I to understand that Curtis will not be angry if Brock comes in and tests clean all the way through to the fight and after? If that is what he is eluding to, I think we all agree with him. Brock flat out should NOT be allowed to fight DC if he test positive for ANY BANNED SUBSTANCE.

If Curtis is simply dwelling on the past and whining, his agent needs to call him, and explain the potential financial gain available to him by Lesnar getting the shot first. Win - win scenario for Curtis financially!

Brock somehow pulls it out, and Curtis is likely making 2x - 3x the $$$ fighting Brock for the title than he would fighting D.C.
D.C. obliterate Brock, and retires, Curtis is highly likely to compete for the open HW strap.

I think the point is Brock tested positive four years ago, so the UFC is giving a guy a belt fight off a USADA fail, which is crazy. The lines of a sport vs entertainment are so blurred

dana fucking said the UFC is worth seven billion dollars on some stupid espn show mma sucks now except for live shows it's just a joke

We all know, as well as Brock and DC and everyone in the UFC that Brock is coming for a paycheque and has no chance , or even that much interest

I disagree. Brock has a highly competitive nature. He could make millions doing several other things besides getting his ass kicked while the whole world watches. Brock is coming to win no doubt.

I disagree. Brock has a highly competitive nature. He could make millions doing several other things besides getting his ass kicked while the whole world watches. Brock is coming to win no doubt.
He didn’t seem like he came to do much in his last outing to be honest, he for sure is very competitive, but is pretty damn old at this point

I agree with you but it's not that simple. Just because the combat is unscripted doesn't mean everyone gets treated the same.

An entertaining fighter might get a title shot after 5 wins while a more dominant "boring" fighter might have to get 9 wins because it's up to promotor's discretion who does what.

I hear you, my point is that the UFC is born of spectacle and more heavily dependent on the entertainment factor than major sports leagues. It had never been about treating everybody equally because not everybody equally contributes.

The entertaining fighter does more for the company in 5 fights than the boring fighter in 9. So the idea that alot of people have about legitimacy just doesn't apply

I hear you, my point is that the UFC is born of spectacle and more heavily dependent on the entertainment factor than major sports leagues. It had never been about treating everybody equally because not everybody equally contributes.

The entertaining fighter does more for the company in 5 fights than the boring fighter in 9. So the idea that alot of people have about legitimacy just doesn't apply
Spot on

Back