Curtis Blaydes Angry About "Juiced" Brock Lesnar Getting Title Shot, Doesn't Think UFC Is a Sport

A

AronaBeatsJones

(Lesnar conversation continues at 15:10)

“I don’t even view Brock as a legitimate MMA fighter,” Blaydes told Submission Radio. “He was juiced to the gills when he fought in the early to mid-2000’s. So I don’t respect juice heads. This isn’t a sport. It’s not a sport like the NFL or the NBA or MLB or NHL or any other major sports leagues in the world, because in any of those leagues you can’t just be a guy off the street and just take a guy’s spot on the roster cause you’re famous. That would be like if Will Smith was like, ‘yo, I really like the Lakers, I want to play for the Lakers’. I don’t think skill matters quite as much as marketability.”​

SOURCE: https://www.mmamania.com/2018/8/30/...ort-full-of-juice-heads-like-brock-lesnar-mma

Last edited by a moderator:
Abe0.gif

sorry bro u must think this is a sport or something LMAO!

Understandably so. What the fuck are they going to do if Brock manages to win? This is a freak show fight. May as well be DC vs Giant Silva or Hong Man Choi.

Of course it is not a sport. It's human cockfighting.

Hey sport, It´s a sport to me damnit!

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Nothing has changed
He should have been aware of what he was getting into
Blaydes a confirmed casual/noob

By this stage is there anyone left that believes entertainment hasn't trumped merit in mma?

Some f#cking you tuber is all over sherdog after having done 800,000 buys for an unbearably shit fight ffs

I like Blaydes but he'd jump all over a chance to fight Brock. Brock would change his bum life.

Blaydes must feel he can beat DC so its frustrating to him to see his shot go to brock while he is forced to face ngannou (another guy who can beat DC at HW).

But this is nothing out of the ordinary as far as business as usual in the UFC so cant sympathize with him too much.

He's right. I mean, a spectacle fight every once in a while is fine, but we've had a bunch of money fights being booked where the belt was being held up(Thanks Conor) or contenders were jumped, the most notable examples being DC vs Lesnar, Conor vs Diaz 1 and 2(Conor was the featherweight champ dicking around at WW fighting a LW journeyman) Bisping vs Henderson, Bisping vs GSP, Alvarez vs McGregor(Zero FW defenses, jumped a bunch of contenders) and that's just in the last 2 1/2 years

UFC has never been a sport. They are a promotion company. MMA is a niche sport, but UFC MMA is sports entertainment for those who feel like pro wrestling is a joke. Its kind of like how Linkin Park was a boy band for people who hated boy bands.

Yeah, NFL and co. definitely don't have juiceheads. Yeah, boxing isn't in such a funk that KSI/Logan Paul actually drew some kind of response. I like Blaydes and all but Brock is legit. He was legit before he was ever famous. That doesn't mean he's clean but he's a former champion and as good of a heavyweight as their was in his prime. He lost to some killers for sure but for the small sample size and transitioning from amateur wrestling to MMA after such a long career as a pro-wrestler I feel like he exceeded virtually all expectations.

Back