• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cuphead now on PS4

Whoa, what line did you cross, dub dubs? You're usually a good boy. What gives?

lol. Disagreement about masks that went overboard.

so what do you think? Do these dubs make my ass look fat?

lol. Disagreement about masks that went overboard.

so what do you think? Do these dubs make my ass look fat?

If it wasn't for the implications, I think the gold belts look rather fabulous.

Legit didn’t find this overly hard, must have been all that Mega Man and Ghouls n Ghosts.

Yeah, as a few people have said, it's all pattern recognition. The game doesn't really test your reflexes too much, just your memory. And since the game lets you retry stages over and over, in that sense it's actually probably one of the easiest run and gun shooters I've ever played. I mean, I've beaten Cuphead, but I have never beaten Contra (without the Konami Code).
If you're concerned about the difficulty level, I would at least say that it's more a game of detecting and learning patterns and trial and error rather than a game made difficult by requiring quick relexes and reaction times. You're not meant to go into a level and win on your first attempt. Dying, a lot, is part of the process. And with each successive attempt, you will make it a little further, see a couple more of the boss' attacks, and refine your timing.
Also, I would recommend the powerup that makes your dash invincible (I believe it's the smoke bomb). It makes the game much, much easier. Make sure to parry all of the pink attacks, too. I was neglecting that at first.

Last edited:
I didnt find Cuphead that frustrating since the boss fights are pretty short and you can just keep trying.

No farming, getting to the boss, losing xp/money and all that Souls games and Roguelike BS.

Also, I would recommend the powerup that makes your dash invincible (I believe it's the smoke bomb). It makes the game much, much easier. Make sure to parry all of the pink attacks, too. I was neglecting that at first.

Yeah, I second the invisible dash. It's a life saver, and the most useful upgrade in the game.

Well aint you just the specialest little thing

Its a fuckin video game, not a trial of life
Nothing wrong with making it enjoyable for everyone

Cuphead isn't a game designed for everyone though that's the whole point.

You take away from the difficulty you take away from the experience, it's not meant to be beat by most gamers, nor is it made for casual gamers.

Just like Sekiro, dark souls, nioh etc. The challenge is part of the fun. If it is too hard it is simply not the game for you or you refuse to put in the hours to "git gud" as they say these days. Lol

Can 12 more people explain to me how Cuphead works?.

Why the sarcasm? You seem to need all the help you can get, considering you can't even get off the first island after trying for years. :p

Why the sarcasm? You seem to need all the help you can get, considering you can't even get off the first island after trying for years. :p
Because the sarcasm was necessary

"Hey guy who never once asked why rhe game is so hard, let me be the 6th person in this thread to explain to you why the game is so hard"

Because the sarcasm was necessary

"Hey guy who never once asked why rhe game is so hard, let me be the 6th person in this thread to explain to you why the game is so hard"

You essentially are asking that, though. You're wondering aloud why they don't have an easy mode. People are merely explaining why that wouldn't fit with this game.

Anyways, what boss did you dirty? Who are you stuck on? That flower fuck? The Genie? Balloon guy?

Back