• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cuphead now on PS4

You essentially are asking that, though. You're wondering aloud why they don't have an easy mode. People are merely explaining why that wouldn't fit with this game.

Anyways, what boss did you dirty? Who are you stuck on? That flower fuck? The Genie? Balloon guy?
Never once did I say I wanted an easy mode but we'll just call that semantics, I guess

I clearly explained my position several times, that I just wish I could experience the rest of this beautiful game but thats impossible cause Im bad at it and somehow that offends you people

I thought wrestling fans were too much

Never once did I say I wanted an easy mode but we'll just call that semantics, I guess

I clearly explained my position several times, that I just wish I could experience the rest of this beautiful game but thats impossible cause Im bad at it and somehow that offends you people

I thought wrestling fans were too much

Okay, fine, but really, what bosses are kicking your ass?

@Pliny Pete hard that game is, not sure if you’ve heard.
You sonofabitch!!

giphy.webp

Was inspired to give this another go.

Fucking crushed the first island, minus Flower guy(he's a prick). Second island wasn't so bad, but the Dragon is giving me fits. He's actually pretty easy, but the platforming messes me up...usually when I'm right at the end. I'm choking hard on that damn dragon. Once he's done though, the Hell truly begins.

Gotta say it though, the actual levels in this game suck. Pretty, but they're such a pain in the ass. Would've preferred more bosses.

I played it when it first came out on Xbox and was disappointed. I didn’t think the game play was fun. I can’t remember if I thought it was hard or not anymore. Loved the visual style though

Was inspired to give this another go.

Fucking crushed the first island, minus Flower guy(he's a prick). Second island wasn't so bad, but the Dragon is giving me fits. He's actually pretty easy, but the platforming messes me up...usually when I'm right at the end. I'm choking hard on that damn dragon. Once he's done though, the Hell truly begins.

Gotta say it though, the actual levels in this game suck. Pretty, but they're such a pain in the ass. Would've preferred more bosses.
The flower is a cock. I might skip him or try the smoke bomb dash to avoid those bitch assed seeds

The flower is a cock. I might skip him or try the smoke bomb dash to avoid those bitch assed seeds

If that's the dash I'm thinking of, it's one of the most essential powers in the game. You definitely want that. It'll save your ass a lot.

If that's the dash I'm thinking of, it's one of the most essential powers in the game. You definitely want that. It'll save your ass a lot.
Ok the flower might be more trouble than it's worth

Ok the flower might be more trouble than it's worth

Nah, you should do it. It'll help prepare you for what's coming. It doesn't get any easier. He's just the first big test. Wait 'till you get to the balloon guy on the next island...

Nah, you should do it. It'll help prepare you for what's coming. It doesn't get any easier. He's just the first big test. Wait 'till you get to the balloon guy on the next island...
I got to like two hits from beating him. The game doesn't give you an inch. You gotta earn everything.

I got to like two hits from beating him. The game doesn't give you an inch. You gotta earn everything.

LOL, yeah. You gotta love it when they show you just how close you were.

Are you playing with the default control scheme?

LOL, yeah. You gotta love it when they show you just how close you were.

Are you playing with the default control scheme?
Yeah. In this fight I'm using the pea shooter and homing green shot with the hp charm. The arena is so small and packed with shit that if you do the invisible dodge you just get hit when it ends.

Yeah. In this fight I'm using the pea shooter and homing green shot with the hp charm. The arena is so small and packed with shit that if you do the invisible dodge you just get hit when it ends.

I'd suggest changing the "shoot" button to the right trigger. I found it made a world of difference, since you can just hold the trigger down, without having to play with two buttons with your thumb. You can focus on your jumps better.

For the flower guy, I used "spread" as my alt to take care of the bombs that drop before they hit the ground and sprout. That, and taking out that thing that floats and shoots at you at the top of the screen, ASAP. That thing killed me more than anything.

I'd suggest changing the "shoot" button to the right trigger. I found it made a world of difference, since you can just hold the trigger down, without having to play with two buttons with your thumb. You can focus on your jumps better.

For the flower guy, I used "spread" as my alt to take care of the bombs that drop before they hit the ground and sprout. That, and taking out that thing that floats and shoots at you at the top of the screen, ASAP. That thing killed me more than anything.
Yep! Fuck that flying mushroom thing. It's got more hit points than other mobs too

I'm watching speed runs and of course it's cheating bullshit to just shit damage on bosses

I beat the flower with the load out I mentioned. A lot of this game seems like RNG. He spit fewer seeds in my successful attempt,

I beat the flower with the load out I mentioned. A lot of this game seems like RNG. He spit fewer seeds in my successful attempt,

Yeah, they've all got a few routines, but it's random as to which ones they'll use. You pretty much have to be ready for all of them, but you'll find some are easier than others(it's all personal preference though). The first phase of the candy lady you face on the second island is a perfect example. She sends out a set of enemies, and you'll definitely have your preferences as to which ones you find easier.

Back