Cuban Boxing Fundamentals

I knew about one translator and writer that was able to write with both hands without special teaching. He didn't had any experience with combat sport training or like this.
About 2% of humans are naturally ambidextrous. Numbers may vary according to source, but the point is it's a rare thing.
The rest of us are better served learning the same thing twice if we want to do it with the less coordinated hand, and then usually it's only as a kind of back-up;).

topic very good, my congratulations!

Not sure how it's an opinion, but an uppercut is palm up.

To revitalize the topic. The fights are old, but it’s interesting to watch from the position of modern boxing.

Last edited:
@Dexter, watched the video series you posted in another thread, where 2 Russians talk about the different boxing styles of various countries.
Like this one
Pretty sweet videos. Wish they had english subs.

I would love to see them make a video about the Japanese style of boxing.
Nobody talks much about it which is weird considering the boxing powerhouse Japan is through history.

Also what's exactly the deal with that channel? It belongs to the short bald guy and he has as his guests the tall bald guy and the other tall guy with the big beard who was Isaev's student?
He has also made videos with a Kung fu guy. What's the concept?

Also what's the deal with this channel? It's even messier meaning I don't get whose channel is it.
So many different coaches in the videos, both old and young.
I like this guy's stuff although he has the least amount of videos in the channel

Last edited:
@Dexter, watched the video series you posted in another thread, where 2 Russians talk about the different boxing styles of various countries.
Like this one
Pretty sweet videos. Wish they had english subs.

I would love to see them make a video about the Japanese style of boxing.
Nobody talks much about it which is weird considering the boxing powerhouse Japan is through history.

Also what's exactly the deal with that channel? It belongs to the short bald guy and he has as his guests the tall bald guy and the other tall guy with the big beard who was Isaev's student?
He has also made videos with a Kung fu guy. What's the concept?

Also what's the deal with this channel? It's even messier meaning I don't get whose channel is it.
So many different coaches in the videos, both old and young.
I like this guy's stuff although he has the least amount of videos in the channel

1st channel - Battle Nerds. Author invites different famous coaches from his region (mainly S-Petersburg) to discuss styles, schools, exercises, etc.stuff. Also a lot of funny content with Russian bullshit/fake MA schools.
2nd channel - Coach. Similar concept, different coaches taught their favourite exercises, moves, etc.

On Japanese boxing style: good channel with some interesting stuff https://www.youtube.com/user/sunliveorio. For example, Kuniaki Shibata seminar. Shibata was a famous guy himself:

1st channel - Battle Nerds. Author invites different famous coaches from his region (mainly S-Petersburg) to discuss styles, schools, exercises, etc.stuff. Also a lot of funny content with Russian bullshit/fake MA schools.
2nd channel - Coach. Similar concept, different coaches taught their favourite exercises, moves, etc.

On Japanese boxing style: good channel with some interesting stuff https://www.youtube.com/user/sunliveorio. For example, Kuniaki Shibata seminar. Shibata was a famous guy himself:

That channel is great, it's a karate channel run by a doctor

I noticed that the people in the channels I mentioned are crazy about western boxers
and funnily enough boxers that share many similar traits with the russian school, like Tyson and Roy Jones.

I never noticed before how common and how efficient is to punch while making explosive little steps or jumbs like Isaev, his student and Frolov teach.
I thought the western way of throwing the right hand, by being firmly grounded is the only way to go, yet the best of the best really often punch the 'russian' way.You can see virtually any big western name doing it, the difference is that Russians recognised it as a technique and systematically analyzed and taught it and their students build their style around this move.

In the west I have seen guys like Chocolatito or Duran doing it, but it's just something they do in specific occasions during the fight.
When double and triple hooking for example.

I noticed that the people in the channels I mentioned are crazy about western boxers
and funnily enough boxers that share many similar traits with the russian school, like Tyson and Roy Jones.

I never noticed before how common and how efficient is to punch while making explosive little steps or jumbs like Isaev, his student and Frolov teach.
I thought the western way of throwing the right hand, by being firmly grounded is the only way to go, yet the best of the best really often punch the 'russian' way.You can see virtually any big western name doing it, the difference is that Russians recognised it as a technique and systematically analyzed and taught it and their students build their style around this move.

In the west I have seen guys like Chocolatito or Duran doing it, but it's just something they do in specific occasions during the fight.
When double and triple hooking for example.

We’d discussed this with my western buds several times - in RusFed, funnily, there’s a great demand for coaches who have exp in UK/US boxing styles. Grass is greener, chicks are hotter on the other side :).
About Tyson and RJJ - they are like idols in our boxing community, complete adoration. You need to see for yourselves how everybody rooted for old Jones even when he fought Russian guy.
What’s more funny, nothing like that in sambo/BJJ field, BJJ is not that popular.

P.S. Rare footage - Cuban national team shadowboxing exercises:

Last edited:
New shit courtesy of me and @Dexter (legalise dexter and remove his dubs)

Just some misunderstanding between some over-sensitive mods and me, boss-mang. Me Engrish is not very gut, not me mother language. Thought Gulags are OK, Stalin methods are OK, but seems like a lot if liberals present...
"A new teacher comes to class:
- My name is Abram Davidovich, I am a liberal. Now get up one by one and introduce yourself, just like me.
- My name is Karen, I'm a liberal.
- Sit down, Karen, nice to meet you! Next!
- I'm Little Johnny, I'm a Stalinist.
- Little Johnny, why are you a Stalinist?
- My mom is a Stalinist, my dad is a Stalinist, my friends are Stalinists, and I am also a Stalinist.
- Little Johnny, and if your mom was a prostitute, dad was a drug addict, and friends were gays, who would you be then?
- Then I would be a liberal!"

Just some misunderstanding between some over-sensitive mods and me, boss-mang. Me Engrish is not very gut, not me mother language. Thought Gulags are OK, Stalin methods are OK, but seems like a lot if liberals present...
"A new teacher comes to class:
- My name is Abram Davidovich, I am a liberal. Now get up one by one and introduce yourself, just like me.
- My name is Karen, I'm a liberal.
- Sit down, Karen, nice to meet you! Next!
- I'm Little Johnny, I'm a Stalinist.
- Little Johnny, why are you a Stalinist?
- My mom is a Stalinist, my dad is a Stalinist, my friends are Stalinists, and I am also a Stalinist.
- Little Johnny, and if your mom was a prostitute, dad was a drug addict, and friends were gays, who would you be then?
- Then I would be a liberal!"
Why need Stalin when u have Putin, mafia boss and emperror who has given himself permission to be head of state for 30 years similar to Stalin?
But I digress...

HEY WHAT THE FUCK THAT FIRST CHANNEL IS GOLD. THANK YOU!

Keep in mind that it’s the author’s interpretation of Soviet style. Some exercises and movement execution look strange to my eyes, but I’m too lazy to do step-by-step analyse.

Back