Cub Swanson was told his bout against Siver is a #1 Contendership fight.

I would prefer to see Siver get the shot, but I feel like too many ppl have been getting screwed out of title shots lately.

Siver has won 2 decisions at FW in the UFC. KZ has 3 finishes. They have both fought legit competition, I think KZ just has a little edge

The problem is that KZ got KOed by Roop, that's a very bad blemish on his record

I don't think either Siver or Swanson have a style that matches up well with Aldo. Fence grabbing discussion aside, I think Mendes had the wrestling to give Aldo problems, and would have done better if he had the striking to go along with it (meaning to set up his takedowns with strikes, Silva-Sonnen I-style).

Swanson vs Edgar will be a great fight :p

Swanson is on a tear but Siver looked SHARP against Phan. I cant wait for this figt.

If Siver wins, he gets a shot or they instead give it to KZ?

if Siver gets a shot with a win that means KZ vs Lamas/Koch for later contender #1

cool stuff

Aldo vs. Siver would be a sick striking battle.

I bet that Korean Zombie and Erik Koch have something to say about this.

I want to see Swanson get it. I like his fight style and seeing him in a rematch with Aldo would be really interesting considering how quickly the first one went down.

Same here. Dude has shown alot of improvement over the last year and a half, and the Aldo fight didn't show us anything that Cub had for Jose. I'd like to see what a real fight between them looks like.

The featherweight division probably has the most amount of fighters arguing over the number one contender position. This does have something to do with Aldo being out for a year however.

no one at 145 touches Aldo.... so I dunno know what to think of it all, lol.

lamascub.gif

I like both guys in reality both guys don't stand a chance against Aldo.

Then again Hominick when 5 rounds with him and was competitive, so maybe I shouldn't speak to soon.

good he deserves it, Cub is looking smarter in the cage and better each fight. Siver vs Aldo could be a frickin standup WAR! or aldo could take him down and sub him in two minutes who knows lol

Siver has finished over 65% of his wins. He didn't finish Nam Phan, but that was still very impressive, he absolutely smashed Phan. It's true Siver isn't a big draw, but I'm surprised he isn't getting much support at all here. He's been very good as a FW so far, I wouldn't write him off.

6 out of his last 8 fights went to decision. His only finish win in 3 years was against Andre Winner back in 2010. Like I just said, Siver isn't a finisher.

It's still banned on TV here. The rumor is that they're close to fixing the tv situation and are coming back with a bang.

UFC 99 sold 360,000 ppv's with a moderate fight card. The last two Aldo ppv's didn't even reach 250,000 buys. It's not impossible to have a big fight over here. :D

(okay, it's mainly wishful thinking)

Nothing wrong with wishful thinking! Hopefully th TV situation gets sorted, the German fans got two pretty average cards really so a good one is overdue. If it gets sorted, and you get a card in 2013, I'd expect a FUEL TV Card - that seems to be the UFC's 'overseas' card.

Siver co-headlining against say, the Koch/Lamas winner (for a t/shot). Main event, something 'out there' like Struve/Miocic in England! Just a solid main event perhaps involving a European contender.

The problem is that KZ got KOed by Roop, that's a very bad blemish on his record

The same things could be said for Swanson's loss to Pulver or Lamas' KO loss to Alcantara. Sometimes guys get caught. I think KZ, Lamas, and Swanson have all put together solid winning streaks to overcome those losses.

Swanson is on a tear but Siver looked SHARP against Phan. I cant wait for this figt.

Did you see Jimy Hettes versus Nam Phan? Phan makes his opponents look like championship material. Then they face other competition, and reality quickly sets in.

Do people honestly still believe a word Dana says when it comes to title shots and "#1 contender fights"? You would think people would have learned by now that Dana's word means nothing

Do people honestly still believe a word Dana says when it comes to title shots and "#1 contender fights"? You would think people would have learned by now that Dana's word means nothing

True, just ask Erik Koch what happened to his title shot. The same could be said for a lot of guys, Pettis, Henderson, Machida, Hendricks

Back