Cub Swanson was told his bout against Siver is a #1 Contendership fight.

MikeLovesTacosX

@mikelovestacosx
@Blue
Reaction score
543855_325867767528566_241853275_n.jpg

Does Siver get title shot if he wins, or is this another conditional title eliminator like Shields vs. Kampmann?

I'm sort of surprised. Big fan of Swanson, but I thought he was behind Lamas in the pecking order should both guys win their fights. Swanson has already fought Aldo, and we all remember what happened there. I don't think Lamas is ready yet either though, still getting flashbacks of him getting knocked out cold by Yuri Alcantara.

Where is the Korean Zombie? I think a lot of fans would rather see KZ against Aldo instead.

I want to see Swanson get it. I like his fight style and seeing him in a rematch with Aldo would be really interesting considering how quickly the first one went down.

I want to see Swanson get it. I like his fight style and seeing him in a rematch with Aldo would be really interesting considering how quickly the first one went down.

Swanson, KZ, Siver, Koch...anyone that is willing to stand and trade with Aldo would be my preference.

He's on a nice little run, but how would he be ahead of Lamas?

Man the UFC title picture is muddled in almost every division.

I'm not saying it's right, but a lot of it has to do with name value.

I watch a lot of MMA and even I almost forgot about Lamas.

If the UFC title picture is muddled in almost every division, then that's great for the fans.

I give Swanson the edge; although, I think Siver could surprise. He's tough as nails, despite his short reach.

If the UFC title picture is muddled in almost every division, then that's great for the fans.

I give Swanson the edge; although, I think Siver could surprise. He's tough as nails, despite his short reach.

I like Swanson in this one too. Siver's a beast, but his chin is more questionable than most think. Any top striker has been able to have their way with Siver. KTFO by Guillard, decision loss to Pearson, and rocked by Cerrone.

Swanson cant even beat jens pulver. How is he even in the ufc at all?

of coarse. what would make you think different?

Siver won't sell PPVs unless it's in Germany. Maybe the fight will be on FOX instead. Swanson isn't a great draw either, but he's a finisher unlike Siver.
The UFC books nearly all of their title fights based on who will sell the most PPVs. That's why we have GSP fighting Diaz instead of Hendricks, and Jones vs. Sonnen instead of Hendo.

There is just a lack of contenders at 135 and 145. I place the blame on UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby. He hasn't been able to build up contenders in a logical way. Now we are hearing Swanson vs. Siver is the #1 contender fight...this makes no sense.

KZ or the winner of Koch/Lamas should be the #1 contender.

Back