Cub Swanson was told his bout against Siver is a #1 Contendership fight.

Well I hope Siver takes it at least Aldo would have someone new to fight.

Then again Nr.1 contender fights mean absolutly nothing nowadays.

"Johny Hendricks was promised the next title shot following his win over Josh Koscheck at UFC on FOX 3. That was before Martin Kampmann KO’d Jake Ellenberger at The Ultimate Fighter Live Finale. Now, Hendricks will have to fight Kampmann to determine who the UFC’s number one welterweight contender is."

And now that Hendricks beat Kampmann, he needs to defeat Ellenberger.

Swanson is getting to much attention. Aldo already handled him. Lets see Lamas or KZ in there. Are they still rolling with Koch as his next fight?

Swanson's not close enough for a shot imo. Siver's closer but Mendes and Zombie are both in front of him ranking-wise to me.

Swanson is getting to much attention. Aldo already handled him. Lets see Lamas or KZ in there. Are they still rolling with Koch as his next fight?

Lamas beat Swanson already, and now Lamas is fighting Koch. If Lamas wins, he's the number one contender.

True, just ask Erik Koch what happened to his title shot. The same could be said for a lot of guys, Pettis, Henderson, Machida, Hendricks

The UFC is at least consistent that injuries always alter the title picture. Koch lost his spot because first Aldo got injured and then Koch did, and someone will always be willing to step into a title fight.

Koch probably needs to make some noise - literally. Talk some junk or something to remind folks he is out there. I think he can make the case that with a win he gets the next shot.

Lamas beat Swanson already, and now Lamas is fighting Koch. If Lamas wins, he's the number one contender.

I know. I was saying that I want to see Lamas or KZ against Aldo. Lamas Koch is a good fight.

I like Cub, and I am ok with him getting a shot at redemption if he wins. Can't deny the 3 ko/tko streak. FW is getting to be a mess just like LW, it's awesome.

However I still think KZ, Lamas, Koch/Poirer are ahead of him, in that order.

But we all know Dana gonna do what Dana wanna do.

Swanson losses this fight to Dennis Siver.

Siver is better on the feet, stronger and more explosive. Cubs best chance is to make it a grappling match, and I think he would lose that as well.

Swanson losses this fight to Dennis Siver.

Siver is better on the feet, stronger and more explosive. Cubs best chance is to make it a grappling match, and I think he would lose that as well.

Siver can be beat on the feet...Cerrone, Pearson, Guillard.

Back