Cub Swanson was told his bout against Siver is a #1 Contendership fight.

I'm sort of surprised. Big fan of Swanson, but I thought he was behind Lamas in the pecking order should both guys win their fights. Swanson has already fought Aldo, and we all remember what happened there. I don't think Lamas is ready yet either though, still getting flashbacks of him getting knocked out cold by Yuri Alcantara.

Where is the Korean Zombie? I think a lot of fans would rather see KZ against Aldo instead.

Cain already fought JDS, and we all remember what happened there.

Just sayin'.

Damn you beat me to it! Aldo would crush all these guys so it does not matter if it is Lamas/Koch or Swanson/Siver next.

I think so too, especially if its just going to be a striking exchange.

Cub is on a nice run and, in fairness, Aldo's double-knee was likely a one-off event. So I have no prob with him getting a second shot. However, I would prefer that Koch with a win get his shot finally. With a win he will be on a 5 fight win streak since losing to Mendes whereas Swanson and Lamas are only on 3 fight win streaks (4 with a win).

At some point the UFC needs to establish a table to determine who fights for the belt.

Cub's come a long way since Aldo destroyed him in the blink of an eye. And I almost think the way Aldo went straight for a flying knee spoke to the respect he has for Cub's striking. That said, if Siver lands a back kick flush on the liver it could be all over

Either of these guys would make an awesome opponent for Aldo, assuming he beats Frankie, which is a pretty big assumption

So winning this fight basically means he won't be fighting for the title.

Sounds good to me. The winner of Siver/Swanson would be much more deserving then The Korean Zombie who would be on a less impressive streak then the winner of the bout, and whose still not back from injury. I would prefer the winner of Limas/Koch to get the next titleshot, and the winner of Swanson/Siver to fight Korean Zombie in a number one contender bout.

Last edited:
So long as Korean Zombie gets a shot first, I'm okay with this. I'd rather see the winner of Koch vs Lamas fight the winner of Cub vs Siver though.

Siver won't sell PPVs unless it's in Germany. Maybe the fight will be on FOX instead. Swanson isn't a great draw either, but he's a finisher unlike Siver.
The UFC books nearly all of their title fights based on who will sell the most PPVs. That's why we have GSP fighting Diaz instead of Hendricks, and Jones vs. Sonnen instead of Hendo.

Siver has finished over 65% of his wins. He didn't finish Nam Phan, but that was still very impressive, he absolutely smashed Phan. It's true Siver isn't a big draw, but I'm surprised he isn't getting much support at all here. He's been very good as a FW so far, I wouldn't write him off.

The UFC is planning their return to Germany in 2013 anyway. A Siver win could indeed result in a title fight in Germany by the end of the year.

The UFC is planning their return to Germany in 2013 anyway. A Siver win could indeed result in a title fight in Germany by the end of the year.

Dont mean to piss on the parade man, but I doubt it. It took us (the UK) about 5 years to get an Interim title fight and MMA is bigger here than in Germany (isn't it still banned on TV there?)

The UFC wouldnt put a Jose Aldo fight in Germany, they wouldnt be able to charge U.S fans PPV for it so they'd see it as a waste of a PPV headliner. The Barao/Mayday fight we've got in February is Interim, so would never have headlind a PPV anyway - disposable title fight, if you like.

It's still banned on TV here. The rumor is that they're close to fixing the tv situation and are coming back with a bang.

UFC 99 sold 360,000 ppv's with a moderate fight card. The last two Aldo ppv's didn't even reach 250,000 buys. It's not impossible to have a big fight over here. :D

(okay, it's mainly wishful thinking)

Ricardo Lamas has already beat Cub Swanson, as well as number one contender (at the time) Hatsu Hioki. If Lamas beats Eric Koch on top of that (who was offered shots with Aldo twice already), then he no doubt deserves the next shot.

So long as Korean Zombie gets a shot first, I'm okay with this.

Zombie will need to win a fight when he returns. He'll have been gone for a entire year. The featherweight division has changed.

LBVso.gif

I lost so hard for no apparent reason at this.

This will probably be a pretty great fight. Hopefully one of them inspires confidence for a match up with Aldo.

KZ have a fight lined up yet? Cub has been on a roll and FW isn't exactly the deepest division yet. Rather see fresh match ups though.

Back