Cruz - "I am the best 135 lb Fighter. I was on a 3 year layoff, came back and beat TJ off the couch"

Who is the best ever at 135?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This fight needs to happen so bad. . .

How can ANYBODY not cream to see Cruz vs, Dillashaw II. Close decision without a doubt, Damn what is the problem?

HAHA....And here.....we......go.

Sounds like Cruz is feeling disrespected from Rogans saying TJ is the best BW ever.

His point is a valid one imo, though there are those who argue that Dillashaw should have gotten the decision.

Who has the strongest case at this stage for being Bantamweight GOAT?

Time-stamped :

These are facts. I also hope Rogan is fired and relegated to smoking and talking nonsense on his own time and not UFC's time.

Do you understand that title, greatest bantamweight is based on the entirety of their careers?

Cruz can feel free to sit in his couch and reminisce about his past legacy while active BWs who actually fight get to challenge for the belt.

Your legacy is irrelevant when it comes to actual title contention. Otherwise we should dig Ali from his grave and have him fight Deontay Wilder.

I thought the poll was who is the best.

TJ is the best fighter.

Cruz is the more accomplished.

How can ANYBODY not cream to see Cruz vs, Dillashaw II. Close decision without a doubt, Damn what is the problem?

Dillashaw is mad that the perfectly necessary trilogy fight between Faber, and his young and upcoming prospect Cody took precedence over his immediate rematch for defending it all but once against Joe Soto. lmao

TJ is Ronda/Rocksalt/Joanna level unbearable. When he eventually convincingly gets beaten, he's going to go full denial mode, and Sherdog is going to turn on him, and turn on him hard!

Honestly I still favour Cruz but only just

Give TJ a chance to solidify himself and have him fight Cruz next

These fighters are so pathetically obsessed with their "legacies", just fight and let the people decide that when its time.
Most high level athlete's are obsessed with their legacy. Doesnt bother me, keeps em hungry.

Cruz fought Cody the same way Cody fought TJ

Cruz beats TJ again imo.
Because he was forced to. Cody didn't chase after him, he cut him off and forced him to fight in the center. TJ will do the same in the rematch and win easily. Cruz is vastly overrated.

I felt TJ edged him but it was a close fight.

I'm a fan of both fighters so I'm not hating on either, it's just my opinion.

I could show you why that is objectively wrong, but even if it wasn't, to edge a guy without knees and a foot for half the fight on three years lay-off is hardly indicative of being the better fighter. lmao

WWGipAp.gif

Cruz is easily beaten by a high level fighter when they don't chase him.

that fight will be underrated because sherdog can't appreciate smaller figheters and neither can casuals

WWGipAp.gif

Cruz is easily beaten by a high level fighter when they don't chase him.

Cruz made the same mistake against Cody that Cody made against TJ

everybody looks like an amateur when they fight angry. The rematch will look much different.

Cruz fought Cody the same way Cody fought TJ

Cruz beats TJ again imo.
cruz will get clowned this time around. and im far from a TJ fan. just being real. Cruz looked like shit vs cody and TJ will make him look worse. Much easier fight for TJ than Marlon, RA, or even cejudo

I could show you why that is objectively wrong, but even if it wasn't, to edge a guy without knees and a foot for half the fight on three years lay-off is hardly indicative of being the better fighter. lmao

I don't think TJ fought to the best of his abilities. He was thinking too much.

We'll see what happens in the rematch.

Either way you can't really laugh me off for thinking TJ is the better fighter when it was a really close fight. TJ has looked great in all his other fights recently as well.

Cruz just matches up well with TJ. Cruz lost to Cody because he fought a very different fight than he usually does. Cruz would beat both in a rematch imo

I don't think TJ fought to the best of his abilities. He was thinking too much.

We'll see what happens in the rematch.

Either way you can't really laugh me off for thinking TJ is the better fighter when it was a really close fight. TJ has looked great in all his other fights recently as well.

they're so close in the all time discussion

TJ's win over barao was one of the coolest fights I've ever seen

it's a classic case of rock paper scissors.

although TJ could probably beat cruz, I'd have to wait and see it - just seems like a tough matchup for him as cruz is practically like his mirror image. cruz is getting older though which will help.

cody's confidence has probably been shattered but again he's a bad matchup for cruz, dom didn't look at all prepared to handle the hand speed.

and as we just saw, a puncher's chance for cody against TJ, and that's about it.

Cruz made the same mistake against Cody that Cody made against TJ

everybody looks like an amateur when they fight angry. The rematch will look much different.
Cruz didn't fight angry. He got frustrated as the match progressed because of how easily Cody shut him down by not fighting Cruz's fight. Cody didn't lose to TJ twice because he "fought angry" either. Cody would do the same thing to Cruz in the rematch as well, because Cruz is a point fighter and doesn't create offense well, he looks to evade the pocket and counter, and dart in to land cheap scoring strikes or a takedown that does nothing but look good for the score card.

Back