Cruz - "I am the best 135 lb Fighter. I was on a 3 year layoff, came back and beat TJ off the couch"

Who is the best ever at 135?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cruz vs The Snake is biggest fight at 135 right now,

so fook other contenders!

Could be an entertaining rematch... Think TJ could get the better this time... and the first was an extremely close decision. But never count out Cruz even with a layoff. Just hope Assuncao is next after this one... dude has the wins but not the trash talk to get this fight.

Cruz is the GOAT at 135.

I got TJ in the the rematch.

tenor.gif

Beat? Lol it was a split decision.

TJ has better wins than Cruz at this point and has a stronger overall resume.

Id pick TJ in a rematch aswell.

He needs to win that rematch. Cruz and TJ are about the same age. And Cruz matches up well with TJ. Lets not forget before the injuries Cruz was 19-1 overall he defended the belt 5 times WEC and UFC. He also is a 2 time champ like TJ, and got it by beating TJ in what was IMO, the best comeback fight of all time in MMA..

Last edited:
Slightly leaning towards Cruz but if Im being honest, the jury is out. Cruz has had another long absence and its obvious that TJ has improved a ton. It will be an exciting 2nd fight between the two if it happens.

Also he wasnt on a three year lay off, he already had a fight just over a year prior to fighting TJ. I know he got injured again but it wasnt a whole three years off.

I think TJ is peaking higher now than Cruz has ever peaked, but Cruz's body of work is still a half-step better, and his H2H victory looms very large in this case (even if it was close).

1. Better record
2. More title fight wins (7 vs 5)
3. H2H win

TJ probably has a better collection of top wins, but it's not enough to make up the difference, IMO.

But reasonable people can differ.

Well, how many fights would he have lost in those 3 years if he had been active?

Dom is the best ever at this point, TJ is the best right now. A few defences by Dillashaw and some more finishes could put him over Cruz. Their fight was super close and could have been scored for TJ and that Assuncao decision was bullshit, so adding a revenge win in a rematch between the two fighters could put him ahead of Dom imo.

Cruz's best wins: TJ, Faber x2, Joe B x2, Bowles, MM

TJ's best wins: Barao x2, Garbrandt x2, Assucao, Lineker

Considering TJ has impressively finished more than half of his key wins (unlike Dom), the only blemishes on his resume are razor thin losses to Assuncao/Cruz.

The Barao and Cody destructions were more impressive than any single win Cruz has had.

I'm the best 135 right here, when i hit people they don't fucking move!

Sit down decisionator, get your ass in the octagon before running your mouth like a dumbass, you hasn't done shit in years while TJ is destroying motherfuckers right and left, at least be a man an earn your TS if you can of course

I mean lets see
Cody dominated Cruz, more or less - the fight was closer than people remember in terms of score but about what people remmeber in terms of raw impact. If fights were judged as a whole it would have been impossible to score it for Cruz

TJ and Cruz fought to a split that many people think TJ won

TJ stopped Cody in a competitive fight, then dominated him in a rematch

But Cruz's own logic he can't be the best BW in the world because a guy who beat him soundly still exists. Not to mention Cruz is out here making excuses for why his win over TJ wasn't a domination and why his loss to Cody happened

These fighters are so pathetically obsessed with their "legacies", just fight and let the people decide that when its time.

He is not the best ever. Rogan really was disrespectful to him when he said that. Typical prisoner of the moment bullshit. He is great but he needs to do more. And Dominic can still beat him in my opinion.
I think it has more to do with Dillashaw's sponsorship connection with Onnit (which Rogan part owns):
onnit-tj-dillashaw-twitter-contest.png
pro17-ebook-cutout.png

Beat tj?? He was gifted a decision he did not earn and then cody beat his ass up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back