Cris Cyborg vs Male Sparring Partner Nick Lauro Going Pretty Hard

Why it took so long from him to knock her dead? It looked like that guy went 100%.
Not really, it looked like he was getting more aggressive as she did. D he really goes for it in guessing he punches her out inside 2 min every time.

They're both flat footed and just stand in front of each other.

I hate this kind of "wars of attrition" in boxing, a boxer with a sense of lateral movement eats these sort of brawlers for breakfast.

And yet still in terms of WMMA this is.. what ? the highest skill level we have :D you can likely count the WMMA strikes with something decent in terms of skills on one hand.

And yet still in terms of WMMA this is.. what ? the highest skill level we have :D you can likely count the WMMA strikes with something decent in terms of skills on one hand.

It's decent for WMMA because there's no one there who'd employ a lot of fight effective lateral movement. I'm a Cyborg fan anyway.

I just noticed they're both flat footed, that's all.

They must of used the same video editor team Mcgregor used. Well, except she still looks horribly bad even with the fast video clip change.

The video kind of reminds me of those women who join a boxercise class to get into shape.

God Edmund is such a terrible coach. All these years training with him and him specializing in boxing, you would think he could of developed her skills better. She should seriously switch gyms.

Last edited:
Not really, it looked like he was getting more aggressive as she did. D he really goes for it in guessing he punches her out inside 2 min every time.

Didnt it take more than a round? And he definitely goes 100%, and its not like the guy is a complete can even, his record was 13-1 and he looked decent. Why it took so long from him to KO a woman? I mean he is a man after all, fighting a woman. Why couldnt he just KO her with first punch. How come it looked like the fight was slightly competitive for awhile, Sherdog has told me thats impossible in a man vs woman scenario.

Penis and testicles > No penis and no testicles. At least when it comes to fighting.

If you're an at least somewhat athletic dude, you can knock out any chick with an overhand right. Yes, I am saying I can knock out Cyborg with a simple overhand right.

Interesting point. So you'd be willing to spar with her, I take it.

i thought it was the guy who broke his skull already sparring lol

It's crazy to see the difference in athleticism between men and women. He was just springing up and down with ease and it looked like Cyborg was in slow motion trying to avoid his punches.

Interesting point. So you'd be willing to spar with her, I take it.

She's probably one of the more intimidating women out there, but yeah I would, and I'd knock her out at any time I wanted. Testosterone is a helluva hormone.

They must of used the same video editor team Mcgregor used. Well, except she still looks horribly bad even with the fast video clip change.

The video kind of reminds me of those women who join a boxercise class to get into shape.

God Edmund is such a terrible coach. All these years training with him and him specializing in boxing, you would think he could of developed her skills better. She should seriously switch gyms.

LOL - Ronda looked like an amateur in there! I have no idea if they released that video trying to show how good or how bad Ronda is/was. And she was laughing at the end of the video but you know deep down she was PISSED the entire time b/c she was getting crushed.

She's probably one of the more intimidating women out there, but yeah I would, and I'd knock her out at any time I wanted. Testosterone is a helluva hormone.

So you've boxed before? It would be interesting to see how you did against her.

She is an amazing striker. I love to see her drop that last 4 lbs. and get some matchups in the UFC. Having said that... she did give up center control a lot in that video. Stood with her back against the Ropes way too much. A striker on her level would take full advantage of that and pick her apart. So far, she really hasn't had much of a test in MMA.

If you've never boxed before you'd probably cry the first time she punched you in the nose.

I've never learned technique in a boxing gym, but I've been punched in the face before and know what it feels like. I've been punched in the face, I've had my head stomped on the concrete. I may cry, I may not. But I would still KO the shit out of her at any point I wanted. My balls are too big to ever lose to a woman in a fight.

I want the term lateral movement to be banned from sherdog threads

Back