Crawford To Arum: "Release Me Now And You Don't Have To Lose Money No More"

Perhaps but it didn't help when he had his first intro to the American public and he got wiped out by a fat mexican. I think if a Wilder fight got made on American soil he'd be a household name but he could end up on the wrong side of a loss again.
Most people didnt watch, nobody i know has Dazn. He still has a shot to build his name here.

Crawford not proving to be a smart business man. First he wants to be a free agent while telling promoters he deserves a bigger slice of the pie than their stars they've built. Now he's talking shit to a promoter who has him for another year with me real obligation to make another fight for him.

He's going to end up sitting out for a couple of years like Mikey Garcia did.

Crawford not proving to be a smart business man. First he wants to be a free agent while telling promoters he deserves a bigger slice of the pie than their stars they've built. Now he's talking shit to a promoter who has him for another year with me real obligation to make another fight for him.

Crawford is a talented idiot, sad to say. He doesn't care though because earning 3 million a year goes a long ass way in Nebraska. I

I believe he changed his tune a little today, probably after realizing it might be a long 11 months before he fights again.
https://www.boxingscene.com/crawfor...-t-bash-bob-arum-hes-tried-everything--153404

Against who?

Do you have any actual opinion of TC as a fighter, or do you just like saying "he hasn't fought anyone"? It doesn't seem genuine.
That's all I see the non-fans saying here. Either that or making up their own theories such as "he's ducking xyz" without any evidence.
Yet anyone's opinion who actually matters such a fighters, analysts etc. all have him high up on the p4p best fighter list if not #1.

Do you have any actual opinion of TC as a fighter, or do you just like saying "he hasn't fought anyone"? It doesn't seem genuine.
That's all I see the non-fans saying here. Either that or making up their own theories such as "he's ducking xyz" without any evidence.
Yet anyone's opinion who actually matters such a fighters, analysts etc. all have him high up on the p4p best fighter list if not #1.
Yeah, the same way they inappropriately had Loma their a a month or 2 ago.
How do you get the p4p title by default based off of somebody else losing it ? Somebody who shouldn't of had it in the 1st place?
P4P has lost its meaning. You cant be p4p when you litterally haven't fought the top 5 in your division still. Spence, Porter, D.Garcia, Thurman, Pacman.
Crawford is legit talent and skill wise, but so is Spence. The whole point to boxing is actually having the fights to see who is better. Not bullshit arbitrary rankings. You will never know how good Crawford really is or if he is legit p4p best until he actually fights relevant fighters at 147 without an asterisks by their name.

How do you get the p4p title by default based off of somebody else losing it ? Somebody who shouldn't of had it in the 1st place?
P4P has lost its meaning. You cant be p4p when you litterally haven't fought the top 5 in your division still. Spence, Porter, D.Garcia, Thurman, Pacman.
Crawford is legit talent and skill wise, but so is Spence. The whole point to boxing is actually having the fights to see who is better. Not bullshit arbitrary rankings. You will never know how good Crawford really is or if he is legit p4p best until he actually fights relevant fighters at 147 without an asterisks by their name.
I think they putting crawford for his eye test skills and unifying 140 undisputed that locks him for hall of fame undisputed status is super rare these days only Crawford and Usyk currently Teofimo even though his WBC and WBA belts are iffy.

We are so close at Welterweight, once Spence or Crawford knockout Pacquiao for the WBA they better unify already for undisputed

Not everyone bases their p4p rankings on resume alone. If you know what you're watching in the ring instead of just anticipating KO's, you can easily see why Crawford is so highly regarded.
Top 5 p4p fighters are Loma, Canelo, Pac, Crawford in no particular order. I'm still undecided on the 5th, possibly Inoue.
Are you really questioning Loma? He has the best amateur record of anyone in boxing and he could likely beat Lopez in a rematch. Some people can see the amount of skill a fighter has just by watching them regardless of who they are fighting.

My opinion is that he looks like a talented guy against c-b level competition and Id like him to actually fight worthwhile opponents.

There is plenty of evidence of his ducking.

Not everyone bases their p4p rankings on resume alone. If you know what you're watching in the ring instead of just anticipating KO's, you can easily see why Crawford is so highly regarded.
Top 5 p4p fighters are Loma, Canelo, Pac, Crawford in no particular order. I'm still undecided on the 5th, possibly Inoue.
Are you really questioning Loma? He has the best amateur record of anyone in boxing and he could likely beat Lopez in a rematch. Some people can see the amount of skill a fighter has just by watching them regardless of who they are fighting.
What a crock of shit. Sorry to burst your bubble but Crawford wouldnt be the first to not look great against top competition. Its much easier to look good against guys who dont belong in the ring with you. Hope you dont fall off that high horse of yours either way.

If you know what you're watching in the ring ....
Top 5 p4p fighters are Loma,
Are you really questioning Loma? He has the best amateur record of anyone in boxing and he could likely beat Lopez in a rematch.
GIANT NOPE ON THAT. Thats not how real life or boxing works. Greatness is judged by actually winning against other top level competition.
Professional p4p has nothing to do with amateur status. 2 different worlds.
Guys who cant fight or beat the best guys AT THE WEIGHT THEY COMFORTABLY CAMPAIGN IN dont belong on that list. Loma included. His pro resume is short. He hasn’t fought the best guys and current top talent around his weight. When he just did he clearly lost to somebody he was a heavy favorite over. Again Crawford has done nothing at 147 to PROVE, NOT GUESS & SPECULATE that hes better than the 5 guys listed who actually tested themselves against eachother. Its easy to look like an all time great if you are clearly fighting lower level competition or smaller guys when you belong at 147 or larger.
Lol. What is the fkn point of watching or having fights if you already can predict who's better... you are not the expert that you think you are.

Last edited:
Crawford just seems to be happy taking his paycheck and that’s that.

He seems to be constantly talking about money, not so much about credible opponents. Top Rank a bad match up in this regard given their promotional record.

I don’t think the Spence fight will ever happen, which would be a damn shame.

What a crock of shit. Sorry to burst your bubble but Crawford wouldnt be the first to not look great against top competition. Its much easier to look good against guys who dont belong in the ring with you. Hope you dont fall off that high horse of yours either way.

Not really.
There is a whole list of actual pro boxers who have Crawford at #1 if not top 2-3 on the list including Andre Ward who was arguably at #1 at one point before he retired.
There's also pro boxing analysts who say the same. These are people who get paid to study the sport itself so what makes your opinion more valid than theirs? Not just you but anyone on this forum repeating the same thing.

And do you think these people are just being paid to say TC is #1p4p? If so by who and for what reason?

Not really.
There is a whole list of actual pro boxers who have Crawford at #1 if not top 2-3 on the list including Andre Ward who was arguably at #1 at one point before he retired.
There's also pro boxing analysts who say the same. These are people who get paid to study the sport itself so what makes your opinion more valid than theirs? Not just you but anyone on this forum repeating the same thing.

And do you think these people are just being paid to say TC is #1p4p? If so by who and for what reason?

Well, Andre Ward has a multi year deal with ESPN who air Top Rank events, so there’s that.

Crawford just seems to be happy taking his paycheck and that’s that.

He seems to be constantly talking about money, not so much about credible opponents. Top Rank a bad match up in this regard given their promotional record.

I don’t think the Spence fight will ever happen, which would be a damn shame.
There is a collision between the “business” of boxing and the “sport” of boxing. By way of illustration, the Crawford v. Kell fight. The business of boxing said Kell is a good opponent. He represented a genuine threat to Crawford. Big, rangy Super-welterweight walking around in a welterweight’s body. Going to make weight, rehydrate and come in the larger stronger man. The sport of boxing’s says Kell was a shot fighter. Two stoppages with each side of your face broken will do that. The sport of boxing acknowledged Brooks Kell’s courage and sent him into the nadir of his career by way of a short looping right hand that Crawford threw. Crawford, for all the “who have you fought talk” is the smashing hammer of reality; time suspends for no man. For Kell, time’s up. For Crawford, time will be up one day. The sport of boxing demands Crawford fight Errol Spence, Jr. He is the real threat to Crawford. He represents the end of hype, the end of self-prophecy and a real opponent who unlike Kell has a very good chance of beating Crawford. The business of boxing says no wait, wait until we have extracted every single penny of income from these desperate rubes we call the boxing consumers. Hype the fight will no real desire to make the fight. Demonstrate how exasperated you as the promoter are because you gave everything and the other side, doesn’t matter who that side is, gave nothing. Talk about releasing/ leaving the promotion because you are so frustrated with not being able to make the fight everyone wants. In the meantime crush cans and talk about the fight that will never happen. Not until time catches up. Then, when one or both Spence and Crawford have apexed in their careers and the incredulity renders every fight they take as a joke, then and only then will the fight occur. Each fighter well past his prime, each fighter trying to stave off the undefeated time and each fighter clearly diminished. Then we will get that fight. I’ll pay the PPV fee, hoping that for just one night the fighters can capture magic, suspend the effects of time and diminishing skills, and provide that one good fight that we hope all former world champion have in them. I’ll pay that money and like 98% of the time, be severely dissatisfied and think “why didn’t this fight occur 2, 3, 5, years ago”. The answer is because the business of boxing and the sport of boxing seldom benefit each other. The business of boxing says this fight will never happen until there are no more rubes to fleece, no more excuses, and the rewards far outweigh the risks to business. Everyone will have moved on by then but hardcore boxing fans. The fight will be just like the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. It happened only because Pac-Man got knocked out in the 16th rematch with Marquez and no one was buying his PPVs again. I paid for the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. Like everyone else I got F*cked with no kiss. Remember that feeling you had when PAC-Man threw 11 punches in 3 rounds. It will come back to you when the Crawford-Spence fight finally occurs.

GIANT NOPE ON THAT. Thats not how real life or boxing works. Greatness is judged by actually winning against other top level competition.
Professional p4p has nothing to do with amateur status. 2 different worlds.
Guys who cant fight or beat the best guys AT THE WEIGHT THEY COMFORTABLY CAMPAIGN IN dont belong on that list. Loma included. His pro resume is short. He hasn’t fought the best guys and current top talent around his weight. When he just did he clearly lost to somebody he was a heavy favorite over. Again Crawford has done nothing at 147 to PROVE, NOT GUESS & SPECULATE that hes better than the 5 guys listed who actually tested themselves against eachother. Its easy to look like an all time great if you are clearly fighting lower level competition or smaller guys when you belong at 147 or larger.
Lol. What is the fkn point of watching or having fights if you already can predict who's better... you are not the expert that you think you are.

Says who?
I agree that resume plays a part however it's called the p4p best 'boxer's not best resume.
Whenever anyone brings up p4p rankings there's always plenty of people there to disagree.

It's like all time p4p. Even that term alone has different meanings to different people.
Some people say Ali, SRL, SRR or PBF for example.

Well, Andre Ward has a multi year deal with ESPN who air Top Rank events, so there’s that.

True but they also have Tim Bradley who until recently had Canelo at #1 which makes sense as well.

it's called the p4p best 'boxer's not best resume.
Being THE BEST BOXER means you have fought and beat the other top relevant boxers at or around your weight.
Boxing is actually when 2 real living fighters get into a ring and have a professional contest. Not when FANS argue about attributes, amateur scouting reports, and fantasy match-ups on the interwebz....

Being THE BEST BOXER means you have fought and beat the other top relevant boxers at or around your weight.
Boxing is actually when 2 real living fighters get into a ring and have a professional contest. Not when FANS argue about attributes, amateur scouting reports, and fantasy match-ups on the interwebz....

That's your interpretation, an opinion.
Should I ask you the same question I asked @PUO3? I think it's a perfectly valid question.

Back