Crawford To Arum: "Release Me Now And You Don't Have To Lose Money No More"

What’s ironic is that I think this could all work out as a win win for everyone. The fans get the fights we’ve been clamoring for. Arum gets paid, or gets Crawford off his books. And Crawford gets bigger paydays and true superstardom, providing he beats Spence and whoever else from PBC. Only thing that sucks is that like you implied, it took COVID for this to happen. Took too long
He owns Spence, who isn't great unless he can pressure his opponents.

demetrious johnson of boxing
Couldn't be further from the truth.

Johnson is the greatest of all time in his division, Crawford is not even close.

Johnson fought all the best names available, Crawford fought absolutely nobody.

Johnson can't get people interested in his fights, Crawford could have fights people are dying to watch but chooses not to take them.

The only thing Johnson and Crawford have in common is that they're both Black.

Not really, lopez is Honduran american from the east coast

Mexican Americans for example aren't going to identify with that and lopez doesn't have a certain charisma that de la hoya had that crossed over

In fact I can't think of a single top prospect or champion that has more charisma than Leon Spinks
Tyson Fury has pretty good charisma. He's very entertaining at the very least. AJ is pretty marketable, especially in the UK, maybe not so much in the States.

Tyson Fury has pretty good charisma. He's very entertaining at the very least. AJ is pretty marketable, especially in the UK, maybe not so much in the States.
AJ is an the typical American fan’s wet dream. Jacked knockout machine. Dont think the vast majority of fans here care about where a fighter is from, due to the “melting pot” of backgrounds we have here. Canelo and Pac being perfect examples.

What’s ironic is that I think this could all work out as a win win for everyone. The fans get the fights we’ve been clamoring for. Arum gets paid, or gets Crawford off his books. And Crawford gets bigger paydays and true superstardom, providing he beats Spence and whoever else from PBC. Only thing that sucks is that like you implied, it took COVID for this to happen. Took too long
Dang i finished that interview on fight hype and i have a strange feeling Arum wants manny pacquiao to beat crawfords ass lol, he was saying i cant wait for that fight to be made and said manny is no ducker he is a businessman and the money was there and the fight was done but the middle eastern commission said it would be too risky to allow paid fans so it got nixed, it was going to be on espn ppv.

Arum must have taken a massive L financially with crawford. I never seen him shit on a top fighter he promoted and even begged rival promoters to please take him off of his hands and send a buyout offer asap lol, its kinda sad though cause Crawford remained loyal to the bone to Arum only to get shit on like this.

AJ is an the typical American fan’s wet dream. Jacked knockout machine. Dont think the vast majority of fans here care about where a fighter is from, due to the “melting pot” of backgrounds we have here. Canelo and Pac being perfect examples.
You just have to have that IT factor, Crawford has no IT factor, he isn't willing to do promotional duty to build his name, even Spence busts his ass doing the promotion work pbc ask of him same with the Charlo bros they go heavy in the area and have their own youtube channel now,

crawford rejected going on jimmy kimmel and other shows when top rank booked the, because he said he was deep in training, smh. This guy is great fighter but doesnt understand to build a name it will take more than just doing the occasional radio show or espn interview.

Interesting, I thought his 'good' guy act was seen as phony and he was too laid back to appeal to the American audience.

Interesting, I thought his 'good' guy act was seen as phony and he was too laid back to appeal to the American audience.
I imagine Mayweather changed how Merican fans are viewed, in terms of what they like. Being ridiculous sells (hence Wilder’s recent persona) but the “good guys” and class can do just as well if they bring it in the fight. We really do tend to eat up the freaky looking athletes and KO artists though.

If AJ was marketed here, hed be a star and fan favorite here.

I imagine Mayweather changed how Merican fans are viewed, in terms of what they like. Being ridiculous sells (hence Wilder’s recent persona) but the “good guys” and class can do just as well if they bring it in the fight. We really do tend to eat up the freaky looking athletes and KO artists though.

If AJ was marketed here, hed be a star and fan favorite here.
I was just thinking about it and GGG was pretty well liked over there and he's only ever been the good guy.

That can be true. They are seen as boring. Americans like assholes and they also love to hate them too. . . Which strangely enough amounts to popularity, money, and success. The saying of there is no such as bad press is so true in American Pop culture.
AJ's kiss of death will be his outspokeness and liberal views.
THE ROCK is a good example of a jacked "good guy" who made it. But he became popular by playing an asshole wrestling character....
So who knows, there is no telling.
The Rock went from being like the biggest star in America to taking a ton of heat right now from his fake tough guy virtue signaling fanbase all because he takes sneak disses at Trump and was openly Pro Joe.
I just dont think Americans have been exposed enough to AJ to tell yet.

Crawford is turning into the most unlikable guy in boxing, IMO.

I was just thinking about it and GGG was pretty well liked over there and he's only ever been the good guy.
GGG is the man. All class, all gas.

AJ is pretty boy, a panty dropper this dude would be massive in the USA especially with the ladies he gets them moist, Eddie Hearn is a horrible guy for not promoting him heavy and signing that DAZN deal if AJ was on ESPN he would be massive, the guy has the looks, the voice, the body, the fighting style, the height, the guy has charisma he walks into a room and he commands attention just off his presence.

look at the way he interacts with Clarissa, she turns to a little girl around him, this guy could easily be getting that female fanbase state side, hearn is fucking up here with DAZN

look when he enters rooms or places peoples faces when they look at him, they adore the guy, he lights up a room

That can be true. They are seen as boring. Americans like assholes and they also love to hate them too. . . Which strangely enough amounts to popularity, money, and success. The saying of there is no such as bad press is so true in American Pop culture.
AJ's kiss of death will be his outspokeness and liberal views.
THE ROCK is a good example of a jacked "good guy" who made it. But he became popular by playing an asshole wrestling character....
So who knows, there is no telling.
The Rock went from being like the biggest star in America to taking a ton of heat right now from his fake tough guy virtue signaling fanbase all because he takes sneak disses at Trump and was openly Pro Joe.
I just dont think Americans have been exposed enough to AJ to tell yet.

Yeah I don't know if that's known in the states, he's been outspoken on BLM and he got a little shit over here when he got filmed going into a mosque. The a few on the right over here didn't like that.

Interesting comparison with the Rock who I wasn't aware had said some political things.

Yeah I don't know if that's known in the states, he's been outspoken on BLM and he got a little shit over here when he got filmed going into a mosque. The a few on the right over here didn't like that.

Interesting comparison with the Rock who I wasn't aware had said some political things.
He also did say some weird black supremacist shit to Eddy Chambers too I remember. Like he made fun of him for losing to a "white boy" and that he was a dissapointment to the "superior race." Or some weird shit like that.
Flash foward a few years later he gets Molly whopped by a fat white latino /Mexican. Poetic justice.

AJ is pretty boy, a panty dropper this dude would be massive in the USA especially with the ladies he gets them moist, Eddie Hearn is a horrible guy for not promoting him heavy and signing that DAZN deal if AJ was on ESPN he would be massive, the guy has the looks, the voice, the body, the fighting style, the height, the guy has charisma he walks into a room and he commands attention just off his presence.

look at the way he interacts with Clarissa, she turns to a little girl around him, this guy could easily be getting that female fanbase state side, hearn is fucking up here with DAZN

look when he enters rooms or places peoples faces when they look at him, they adore the guy, he lights up a room

Ha ha yeah I'm sure AJ isn't short of female company when he wants.

He also did say some weird black supremacist shit to Eddy Chambers too I remember. Like he made fun of him for losing to a "white boy" and that he was a dissapointment to the "superior race." Or some weird shit like that.
Flash foward a few years later he gets Molly whopped by a fat white latino /Mexican. Poetic justice.
Yeah I remember that. It seemed really out of place to me like one of his pissed up friends got onto his twitter account but what do I know he may well have said it. But yeah if he did say it then karma certainly came back around.

Ha ha yeah I'm sure AJ isn't short of female company when he wants.
Hearn does a horrible job promoting him in the usa. If AJ was with Arum and tied to ESPN he would easily be one of the most famous boxers in america.

the guy would get so many female fans just like oscar de la hoya did back in the day

Hearn does a horrible job promoting him in the usa. If AJ was with Arum and tied to ESPN he would easily be one of the most famous boxers in america.

the guy would get so many female fans just like oscar de la hoya did back in the day
Perhaps but it didn't help when he had his first intro to the American public and he got wiped out by a fat mexican. I think if a Wilder fight got made on American soil he'd be a household name but he could end up on the wrong side of a loss again.

Back