Crawford To Arum: "Release Me Now And You Don't Have To Lose Money No More"

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/crawford-arum-release-me-now-you-lose-money-no-more--153384

Crawford took exception to Arum’s statements and answered back in an interview with SiriusXM on Wednesday.

“It pissed me off because I'm one of the most loyal people. For him to say some foolish sh-- like that, it made me look at him a totally different way,” said Crawford. “Release me now and you don't have to lose money no more … That's not my job [on promoting], I'm not a promoter. What am I? A fighter. I get paid to fight, I don't get paid to promote. He gets paid to promote. He's supposed to promote me."

Against who?
His hands were tied up with TR don’t you think?

Yeah he should have signed w PBC 3 years ago but Arum dropped the ball too, so I guess they’re both to blame, just hope TC doesnt sign with Matchroom then it’s 100% confirmed he’s ducking top competition.

Yeah he should have signed w PBC 3 years ago but Arum dropped the ball too, so I guess they’re both to blame, just hope TC doesnt sign with Matchroom then it’s 100% confirmed he’s ducking top competition.
No. No i dont. I think Crawford is content fighting c-b level competition.

They can at least make cross promotional fights(matchroom that is)

Crawford is gonna leave Top Rank and end up signing with Eddie Hearn

Crawford vs Josh Kelly - the superfight we've been waiting for

No. No i dont. I think Crawford is content fighting c-b level competition.

I think both can be true. I don't really get the sense that Crawford is unwilling to fight top fighters, but I do get the sense that he doesn't think he has to go out of his way to fight anyone, which is ridiculous considering he's done very little at WW. I also think Bob wasn't willing to work with PBC unless the terms were very much in TR's favour, putting up a further roadblock for any fight between Crawford and a meaningful WW. Crawford's choice to re-up with them 2 or 3 years back was clearly the wrong one and deserves criticism.

I think both can be true. I don't really get the sense that Crawford is unwilling to fight top fighters, but I do get the sense that he doesn't think he has to go out of his way to fight anyone, which is ridiculous considering he's done very little at WW. I also think Bob wasn't willing to work with PBC unless the terms were very much in TR's favour, putting up a further roadblock for any fight between Crawford and a meaningful WW. Crawford's choice to re-up with them 2 or 3 years back was clearly the wrong one and deserves criticism.
Arum has shown he will cross promote to make money, even if I think hes a pos. What has Crawford shown?

Arum has shown he will cross promote to make money, even if I think hes a pos. What has Crawford shown?

In certain situations he has also outright refused. Time will tell with Crawford. We'll know how serious he is about facing top WWs soon enough.

Man Arum just responded to Terence Crawfords comments about his interview about him losing Top Rank money

lol Arum doesn't give a crap, you know he is all in on Teofimo Lopez who is young, charismatic and exciting and a future cash cow willing to do interviews and promotional work

Arum said he could care less that Crawford’s team was less than appreciative of his comments.

“I don’t give a shit if got mad at me. This business is not about getting mad. What’d I say that was wrong? This business is about facts and the reality of the situation,” he said.

“I’ll show him how much we’ve lost on his fights… I’m no longer in the business of losing money on Terence Crawford. If we did this fight with [unified welterweight champion Errol] Spence and put our money in for half, and Crawford wins and [Al] Haymon wants to sign him, be my guest, for Christ’s sake.

“In other words, I am not going to go into my pocket anymore for Terence Crawford.

“I don’t have to make a lot of money with him on this [the Errol Spence fight], but I know I’ll break even or make a couple of dollars. I’m no longer in the business of losing money on Terence Crawford.”

In certain situations he has also outright refused. Time will tell with Crawford. We'll know how serious he is about facing top WWs soon enough.

It’s a sad thing we still have to say « Time will tell with Crawford » when the guy is actually 33.

Sounds like Crawford’s gonna have to go swim with the sharks from PBC wether he likes it or not

The message to Bud is clear from Uncle Bob: “Teofimo Lopez is the franchise now, the future of Top Rank, so I don’t have to continue to lose money propping you up against B-level competition in hopes that you’ll eventually grow a pair and fight Spence or whoever the top dog(s) at PBC are.”

Arum can afford to either take it or leave it in regards to Bud. Either fight Spence or similar level fight that’s not going to lose him money or take a hike.

The cherry-picking is over

Sounds like Crawford’s gonna have to go swim with the sharks from PBC wether he likes it or not

The message to Bud is clear from Uncle Bob: “Teofimo Lopez is the franchise now, the future of Top Rank, so I don’t have to continue to lose money propping you up against B-level competition in hopes that you’ll eventually grow a pair and fight Spence or whoever the top dog(s) at PBC are.”

Arum can afford to either take it or leave it in regards to Bud. Either fight Spence or similar level fight that’s not going to lose him money or take a hike.

The cherry-picking is over
yeah its obvious Arum wont be able to keep Bud around due to covid. Before he could tolerate him and break even and make little profit becuase they had a live gate and some sponsors and small ppv,

But Arum really ripped Crawford bad said his ppvs were so low and he lost so much money and that Crawford doesnt do promotional work.

Arum has Tyson Fury, Teofimo and Inoue

Teofimo has a chance to become a major star in the USA and latino communities, Crawford is boring he can fight but the guy doesnt really have much charisma.

yeah its obvious Arum wont be able to keep Bud around due to covid. Before he could tolerate him and break even and make little profit becuase they had a live gate and some sponsors and small ppv,

But Arum really ripped Crawford bad said his ppvs were so low and he lost so much money and that Crawford doesnt do promotional work.

Teofimo has a chance to become a major star in the USA and latino communities, Crawford is boring he can fight but the guy doesnt really have much charisma.

What’s ironic is that I think this could all work out as a win win for everyone. The fans get the fights we’ve been clamoring for. Arum gets paid, or gets Crawford off his books. And Crawford gets bigger paydays and true superstardom, providing he beats Spence and whoever else from PBC. Only thing that sucks is that like you implied, it took COVID for this to happen. Took too long

Teofimo has a chance to become a major star in the USA and latino communities
Not really, lopez is Honduran american from the east coast

Mexican Americans for example aren't going to identify with that and lopez doesn't have a certain charisma that de la hoya had that crossed over

In fact I can't think of a single top prospect or champion that has more charisma than Leon Spinks

Last edited:
It’s a sad thing we still have to say « Time will tell with Crawford » when the guy is actually 33.

Yeah, his WW campaign has been very unfortunate.

Back