Cowboy Making Bank @ 246

If anything Cowboy will be very motivated to beat Connie for 2 mil. That means there is a big probability for a rematch, like with Nate, which means another red panty night for Cowboy. So I don't believe he is sent to take a dive.

I still think though that Cowboy is nearly done and if Conor is not done himself, he should beat him. A good fight, still, looking forward to torrenting it (while skipping the rest of the card).

2 million dollars is 40K a year for 50 years.

Maybe math isn’t your strong point if you can’t make that work

for the record, we all know cowboy will have to pay taxes and camp expenses but he also may be making more than 2 mil disclosed, so I feel leaving it at a flat 2M net is fair
Even if I take everything you say at face value (which it wouldn't work out to), 40K a year is peanuts. And that's just for one person. Imagine having to support a family on 40K. That's a nightmare.

As I've mentioned before, I'm sure cowboy will be more than ok, but 2 million on it's own isn't "rest of your life money".

There’s no company loyalty in a fight. Only morons think he’s being sent to lose intentionally.
There are... incentives.

Like when Machida got a special clause in his contract which gave him extra bonuses for each finish (while probably capping his base pay) - because the UFC hated his "boring" decision wins. Lyoto started taking more risks (evident in the Silva and Evans bouts) and with even more pressure in the Rua rematch got brutally KOd. That's how you influence a fighter.

Sources:
https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...aid-lyoto-machida-hefty-bonuses-for-finishes/
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/8/26/20833064/lyoto-machida-contract-stoppage-bonuses-ufc-mma
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/8/...e-bonus-unredacted-documents-lawsuit-mma-news

Similarly, the UFC can promise Donald a bonus of he keeps it standing instead of trying to grapple with Conor.

I just hope cowboy really shows up for this. You know Conor is gonna be trying to get his glory back

There are... incentives.

Like when Machida got a special clause in his contract which gave him extra bonuses for each finish (while probably capping his base pay) - because the UFC hated his "boring" decision wins. Lyoto started taking more risks (evident in the Silva and Evans bouts) and with even more pressure in the Rua rematch got brutally KOd. That's how you influence a fighter.

Sources:
https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...aid-lyoto-machida-hefty-bonuses-for-finishes/
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/8/26/20833064/lyoto-machida-contract-stoppage-bonuses-ufc-mma
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/8/...e-bonus-unredacted-documents-lawsuit-mma-news

Similarly, the UFC can promise Donald a bonus of he keeps it standing instead of trying to grapple with Conor.
They can’t put that in his bout agreement or contract.

There’s a reason everyone and their team is calling out Connor

There’s no company loyalty in a fight. Only morons think he’s being sent to lose intentionally.
I wouldn't say Cowboy's being sent in to lose intentionally, but they definitely set this fight up for Conor as an easy comeback fight. Conor is the UFC's golden goose. If he loses, the UFC loses so to speak. It's especially important that people keep tuning in to watch Conor for the UFC given the new ESPN deal, and the flopped IPO that Endeavor just had.
If Conor starts losing, less people tune in, means less money for the UFC
If Conor starts winning again, more people tune in, more money for the UFC

The UFC undoubtedly has a preferred outcome here.

40K a year is peanuts. And that's just for one person. Imagine having to support a family on 40K. That's a nightmare.
You seem to be a little disconnected from the real world, because that is reality or better than reality for a lot of people

They can’t put that in his bout agreement or contract.
Maybe not but they can make a gentleman's agreement.

The aforementioned Machida got 50k $ from Dana himself after beating Tito - and that was not in any contract.

Don't tell me you believe in Dana's honesty and transparency now? :D

Didn't Cowboy say he will make the same amount of money as usual when he fights Conor ? lol

He did say that.

But his contract likely has provisions for main events on PPV’s

So likely a very big payday, but still depending on buys of the event.

I wouldn't say Cowboy's being sent in to lose intentionally, but they definitely set this fight up for Conor as an easy comeback fight. Conor is the UFC's golden goose. If he loses, the UFC loses so to speak. It's especially important that people keep tuning in to watch Conor for the UFC given the new ESPN deal, and the flopped IPO that Endeavor just had.
If Conor starts losing, less people tune in, means less money for the UFC
If Conor starts winning again, more people tune in, more money for the UFC

The UFC undoubtedly has a preferred outcome here.
He was saying cowboy would take a dive. Not that he was a good matchup and that they prefer Conor wins.

Maybe not but they can make a gentleman's agreement.

The aforementioned Machida got 50k $ from Dana himself after beating Tito - and that was not in any contract.

Don't tell me you believe in Dana's honesty and transparency now? :D
sorry but there are no gentlemen’s agreement to take a dive. Dana isn’t paying guys to take a dive. It’s a ridiculous risk for a company valued in the billions. It’s nonsense conspiracy theory bullshit.

... but still not as much as Conor.
McGregor - $5 million purse (RUMORED UFC RECORD)
Cowboy - $2 million purse

Cowboy getting that ESPN $$$$!! Good for him!
cowboy-cerrone-hero.jpg

source:
https://www.essentiallysports.com/u...ive-record-fight-purse-on-his-octagon-return/
red-underwear-on-desk-picture-id522463006

No wonder Gaethje is so mad!

Curious to see what Khabib and Tony make @ 249.

duh there money in a conor fight.

sorry but there are no gentlemen’s agreement to take a dive. Dana isn’t paying guys to take a dive. It’s a ridiculous risk for a company valued in the billions. It’s nonsense conspiracy theory bullshit.
I never ever said Cowboy is taking a dive. Read my posts again. I said they may ask him to keep it standing - which is exactly what Cowboy is promising. And which is the absolute WORST strategy against Conor.

And the fact that Machida got an extra "off books" 50k from Dana for sending Tito off on a loss is a fact. I posted sources. What would stop Dana from promising an extra 50k for keeping it standing? Nothing.

That will make folding quickly easier.

And then CONor and his fans can claim he is back and demand big fights again and call Khabib scared when he doesn't accept an immediate rematch.

That will buy a lot of beer for cerrone.

I never ever said Cowboy is taking a dive. Read my posts again. I said they may ask him to keep it standing - which is exactly what Cowboy is promising. And which is the absolute WORST strategy against Conor.

And the fact that Machida got an extra "off books" 50k from Dana for sending Tito off on a loss is a fact. I posted sources. What would stop Dana from promising an extra 50k for keeping it standing? Nothing.
“Off books”? What does that mean?

giving a bonus for winning a fight is pretty different than promising a bonus to fight in a way that decreases his chance at winning. Cowboy winning in any way makes a rematch more likely and a bigger paycheck and higher profile. 50k is peanuts.

And pretty sure it would be illegal for Dana to make such a promise.

There are several fights on YouTube where guys take a dive and it's blatantly obvious. It's hard to take a dive and make it look real

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back