Cowboy Making Bank @ 246

He could buy a franchise and own a proven business with that money, never work again, and ensure his kids and his kids' kids futures.

Cowboy is worth every penny, good for him.

For that money, I would make it my last fight. Go enjoy the rest of your life
If Cowboy is getting that much guaranteed then he might as well fuck company loyalty and sub Conor as he should. :D

This surely should be Donald's last fight regardless of the out come.

That's not even close to "rest of your life money". Would only be enough to buy you a nice house where I live, and then you'd be left with $0
You need a financial advisor

Thats exactly why I don't think he will "throw" the fight like many are saying on here. Because he knows if he wins then Conor would demand an immediate rematch and won't be able to move on without getting it and Dana will agree. Double the money for Cerrone doing it twice.. he knows this.

That's not even close to "rest of your life money". Would only be enough to buy you a nice house where I live, and then you'd be left with $0

that’s your problem bud. That’s why I left the Bay Area.

For that money, I would make it my last fight. Go enjoy the rest of your life

I think Cerrone has tried to make lots of fights his last fight. The guy just loves fighting too much to quit.

Cerrone lives in New Mexico. I think he'll be okay.

Win or lose Cowboy should retire after this fight. I'm sure he's made a good amount of money already in his career, this is just icing on the cake. Time to ride off into the sunset my friend.

Number one, that article is way way way off. Don't know if it's because it's 8 months old, or if it's because blogTO is a shit source. Either way, I digress. Maybe you're too young to know this, or have 0 idea about property ownership, but you're totally forgetting about property taxes, heating costs, hydro (water + electricity), home repairs etc. The more expensive the property, the more expensive these never ending costs are as well. The cost of owning a home is not just the mortgage. not. even. close.
If he were to buy a place for $2 mill, rents it out and lives nicely somewhere cheaper, what money does he have left over to buy this hypothetical second place?
Or we could go with your second example, buying one place for 1 mil to rent out, and another property to live in. You now have all the expenses I mentioned above x2. Plus, now you have to be a property manager, find tenants, do background checks, check credit scores, check up on the property, pay for repairs, maintenance, etc, and ALL this isn't accounting for cost of living, paying for the lifestyle you're accustomed to, kids, food, clothing, entertainment, etc.

Maybe math's not your strong suit mate.

I agree with some other posters though. Not every place is as expensive as Toronto, and he's hopefully got some assets from years of prize fighting. Sure he'll be "fine". But this definitely isn't rest of your life kind of money on it's own.
2 million dollars is 40K a year for 50 years.

Maybe math isn’t your strong point if you can’t make that work

for the record, we all know cowboy will have to pay taxes and camp expenses but he also may be making more than 2 mil disclosed, so I feel leaving it at a flat 2M net is fair

Didn't Cowboy say he will make the same amount of money as usual when he fights Conor ? lol
Contractually, it isn't required that he gets paid any more than what's stated in the contract. However, I am sure the UFC sweetened the deal, as they typically do with Conor's opponents. Mendes got paid 500k on 10 days notice even though his contract was for like 85+85 or something at the time.

You ever heard of a letting agent? You assumed he knows nothing when he gave a very light overview of what could be done. Buying property and letting other people deal with the headaches of finding tenants etc is how many people have made a fortune.

Cowboy has made a lot of money fighting over the years, he has his home and probably plenty of assets, he could very likely live off 2 million while having other people deal with his day to day business for him.
An agent helps you buy the house (and takes a minimum of 1%), what you're thinking of is a property manager. Paying a property manager would be another cost to throw into the mix, and everything else still comes out of your pocket.

Listen, I agree that Cowboy will probably be fine, just saying that $2 mill on its own isn't "rest of your life money".

I’m not believing that shitty source.

This hillbilly moron said not long ago he wasn't making anything different to what he usually makes.
This doesn’t appear to be a legitimate source so I don’t believe it.

but cowboy didn’t say that exactly. He just implied he wasn’t making millions.

If Cowboy is getting that much guaranteed then he might as well fuck company loyalty and sub Conor as he should. :D
There’s no company loyalty in a fight. Only morons think he’s being sent to lose intentionally.

Back