Coup d'etat in Thailand just an hour ago

• Thread starter Deleted member 363827
  • Start date
With the King, and him being so popular, why not make it a constitutional monarchy? Where the king has power to call on parliament or dissolve it? Might as well, as democracy clearly isn't working here

Well, more beloved by some, and for different reasons.

No, not really at all.

The love for monarchy is drummed into all thais from birth. It is a true unifying factor among the populace and everything happening now is tied into future or present tense regarding it.

The political aspect I can't discuss openly online. Junta is censoring the net this week and cracking down on social media. Strict les majesty laws, so I'll play it safe.

_75058083_05_20_thailand.jpg

_75058085_05_20_thailand2.jpg

I thought the Shinawatra family is the royal family.

And are these Thai coup normally bloody or bloodless? And why do they keep couping, and giving up power later. Just make yourself a dictator or emperor, and live it up.

I thought the Shinawatra family is the royal family.

And are these Thai coup normally bloody or bloodless? And why do they keep couping, and giving up power later. Just make yourself a dictator or emperor, and live it up.

Then they would eventually be overthrown by Thai people, or maybe there might
be a double coup to overthrow them.
The whole idea is simple, you get rid of the government, become a hero for
some people who hate that ex-government, corrupt as much cash as possible,
change all your guys to sit in powerful positions, while dumping all guys promoted
by previous government to shitty position killing them politically,
then you organize an election.

Thailand is under the rule of Junta, it might be only one or two months but
they can do whatever they want. :icon_twis

Hey guys. Im 'boots on the ground' here. Tv stations all blocked with army stuff. Constitution is gone. Curfew from 10 to 5 am. Only had 4 hours notice and rverythingis dead. Alotof shit going down, but ill elaborate later.its a long story. Let me know if u got any questions

Is Pattaya still up and running?

Oddly enough I never even heard of the king before until a coincidentally watched a documentary on him the day before this happened. What he does seems pretty legit. Maybe if the royal family in the UK learned from him they might get a bit of power back, instead of being reduced to glorified fashion icons.

According to the documentary I watched it's not the monarchy that's loved, it's more the king himself for the things he does. Before he came along Thai's were pretty resentful of the monarchy. He literally thought the people of his country how to self maintain themselves and introduced new species of fish to feed the poor.

I was surprised how quickly everyone responded and complied to the curfew. 4hours notice only. All malls and 7/1 shut at 8 to 9 pm, along with mass transport. HUGE crowds in 7/11 and other places. Maybe sone hoarding to go on today. The supermarkets were stripped empty before the flood last time too. Im gonna stock up on some shit today, zombie suvival style. Many thais seemed nonchalant about the whole affair. Not so much the on effected economically though.... Also thai soap shows blocked LOL which made me laugh. Internet didnt get shutdown but tv and radio have been taken over. Some people have exemptions to travel during curfew. Those eith airlibe tickeys, select government officials, perishable goods workers etc. The coup is actually the safest time. I dont expect shit to go down in the next few days. They said curfew could last 3days or more. The interesting part will be how the fallout of this plays out....

What about cable TV? Are they blocking True etc as well?

Curfew is being relaxed from 10-5 to 12-4 from tomorrow night onwards.

What about cable TV? Are they blocking True etc as well?

Was being blocked earlier. Most channels are working for me now.

They are blocking hundreds of websites though. Anything considered to be fueling the anti-coup movement.

Was being blocked earlier. Most channels are working for me now.

They are blocking hundreds of websites though. Anything considered to be fueling the anti-coup movement.

I hope this doesn't get out of hand like in 2006.

Problem I see, is military leaders are leaning on the yellow side, while the soldiers themselves are probably peasants from north east of Thailand, who are pro red shirts. If shit hit the fan, and called and the soldiers forced to act in extreme measures towards protestors, they could turn... causing military to split.

Unlike other coups in the past, Thailand has changed, social media is huge, everyone has an iphone, and is connected. I see this could end bad.

The coup is worse than 2006. Even the senate has been disolved. The army is now in complete control of everything. Currently purging any influence thaksin has on the country. Things wont get bad soon. Give it a few months though and expect a pushback. Most of the protests now in bkk are from students.

Im out of bkk atm. Gone up country to escape the madness and train.

The coup is worse than 2006. Even the senate has been disolved. The army is now in complete control of everything. Currently purging any influence thaksin has on the country. Things wont get bad soon. Give it a few months though and expect a pushback. Most of the protests now in bkk are from students.

Im out of bkk atm. Gone up country to escape the madness and train.

Head down to Pattaya ;)

But I also hear in Pattaya the Navy has taken control of the police station. Prob knows the police are pro reds.

I'd def stay out of BKK at the moment, anywhere else though would be fine. Now is probably a good time to chill out in Cambodia.

Sadly I have a girlfriend right now in BKK, and I hope it doesn't escalate too much.

Head down to Pattaya ;)

But I also hear in Pattaya the Navy has taken control of the police station. Prob knows the police are pro reds.

I'd def stay out of BKK at the moment, anywhere else though would be fine. Now is probably a good time to chill out in Cambodia.

Sadly I have a girlfriend right now in BKK, and I hope it doesn't escalate too much.

Was in pattaya last week when martial law was first announced. It still got shutdown. Now im at khon kaen, training at pajonpai gym. Ill be back bkk soon though since they relaxed the curfew. Army is shuffling everything. Moved over 16 senior police ranks to inactive posts at HQ in bkk. ALL red supporters in various red strongholds. They are going after anyone connected to thaksin, which is a deep network beyong just the police force.

The concern is what happens when thaksin hits back? I cant see him just relenting and retiring to life in dubai, specially not after the last 5 years. The guy is comitted and still has his wealth.

If shit does hit the fan ill just jump over to cambodia or head over to boracay island.

The world map of fed up nations is growing, how many more until the "we the people" movement brings order to the chaos. :icon_chee

Was in pattaya last week when martial law was first announced. It still got shutdown. Now im at khon kaen, training at pajonpai gym. Ill be back bkk soon though since they relaxed the curfew. Army is shuffling everything. Moved over 16 senior police ranks to inactive posts at HQ in bkk. ALL red supporters in various red strongholds. They are going after anyone connected to thaksin, which is a deep network beyong just the police force.

The concern is what happens when thaksin hits back? I cant see him just relenting and retiring to life in dubai, specially not after the last 5 years. The guy is comitted and still has his wealth.

If shit does hit the fan ill just jump over to cambodia or head over to boracay island.

What do you think about Thaksin and his sister? and red shirts in general? My gf seems to be totally against them (my GF is ethnic central Thai) she is on the yellow shirt side, and says that red shirts are corrupt and just pay off voters in the poor north east (it's surprising how racist these people are against "issan" people)

My understanding is that red shirts were voted in, in a democratic way, and that just ousting them is against democracy in general. Even thaksins sister called for an early election, and the yellows wouldn't go along with it, and boycotted it!

My understanding, is that they're all probably corrupt anyways

They just shutdown facebook across thailand today. Seems to beback up again. Wil be interestinf to see how hard they comedown on social media sites

Back