Coup d'etat in Thailand just an hour ago

• Thread starter Deleted member 363827
  • Start date
Hey guys. Im 'boots on the ground' here. Tv stations all blocked with army stuff. Constitution is gone. Curfew from 10 to 5 am. Only had 4 hours notice and rverythingis dead. Alotof shit going down, but ill elaborate later.its a long story. Let me know if u got any questions

Redshirts? Yellowshirts? I didn't know Star Trek was so popular in Thailand - I bet this whole mess was started over the whole Kirk vs Picard debate, right?

Picard by armbar

Hey guys. Im 'boots on the ground' here. Tv stations all blocked with army stuff. Constitution is gone. Curfew from 10 to 5 am. Only had 4 hours notice and rverythingis dead. Alotof shit going down, but ill elaborate later.its a long story. Let me know if u got any questions

At a party, everyone shook hands with everybody else. There were 66 handshakes. How many people were at the party?

Yeah I have a question. WTF is with so many coups and protests. I've heard about corruption and puppets and such but .... like seriously, what is with this coup addiction?

Fuck. That sounds intense. Good luck and please let us know about the developments.

Yeah man, wow. Stay safe.
What is the general mood there? People happy about this, terrified of things to come?
BTW what is the king doing? They seem to love he tries to smooth things over/

Someone needs to contact Payak. What does he think about all of this?

Yeah I have a question. WTF is with so many coups and protests. I've heard about corruption and puppets and such but .... like seriously, what is with this coup addiction?

Thaksin the former PM who is in exile sold his corporation for 2 billion and the sale was completely tax free, people didn't like that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaksin_Shinawatra#Sale_of_Shin_Corporation

Then after he went into exile, he was replaced as PM by his moron of a sister who is probably as intelligent as a house brick. Then we see it again now.

But make no mistake, Thailand is still a Kingdom and the military does not do anything without the blessing of the King.

At a party, everyone shook hands with everybody else. There were 66 handshakes. How many people were at the party?

I'm not currently in Thailand but I'm going with the square root of 66 or approximately 8.124 people. I think that presumes handshakes are directional. Also includes self-handshakes.

Thaksin the former PM who is in exile sold his corporation for 2 billion and the sale was completely tax free, people didn't like that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaksin_Shinawatra#Sale_of_Shin_Corporation

Then after he went into exile, he was replaced as PM by his moron of a sister who is probably as intelligent as a house brick. Then we see it again now.

But make no mistake, Thailand is still a Kingdom and the military does not do anything without the blessing of the King.

You sound yellow...

Negative. Step mother is Thai so I know a bit about Thailand and it culture/current affairs etc.

What I meant was, that's the yellow side of the story (I wasn't saying you sound Thai! :icon_lol:).

Last edited:

Yeah, I saw the headlines this morning and thought, oh, has it been ten years since the last one already? What's the King want to change this time?

I was surprised how quickly everyone responded and complied to the curfew. 4hours notice only. All malls and 7/1 shut at 8 to 9 pm, along with mass transport. HUGE crowds in 7/11 and other places. Maybe sone hoarding to go on today. The supermarkets were stripped empty before the flood last time too. Im gonna stock up on some shit today, zombie suvival style. Many thais seemed nonchalant about the whole affair. Not so much the on effected economically though.... Also thai soap shows blocked LOL which made me laugh. Internet didnt get shutdown but tv and radio have been taken over. Some people have exemptions to travel during curfew. Those eith airlibe tickeys, select government officials, perishable goods workers etc. The coup is actually the safest time. I dont expect shit to go down in the next few days. They said curfew could last 3days or more. The interesting part will be how the fallout of this plays out....

Back