Coup d'etat in Thailand just an hour ago

• Thread starter Deleted member 363827
  • Start date
Yeah saw that on the news. Wow
Anyone have a good breakdown?

so what do red- and yellowshirts think of this? any of them support military? or they will unite now fight the common enemy?

Seems like the natural cycle of the country. That's like the 12th coup inside the last 100 years?

It doesn't really make any sense, the PM just got ousted from the game by the court.
The protestors are being reasonably violent by Thai standard, they aren't even
on 2010 political protest's level of tension. There are no airport or parliament's occupation.

so what do red- and yellowshirts think of this? any of them support military? or they will unite now fight the common enemy?

This military coup is the whole purpose of the yellow shirt's protest, they want
to overthrow Yingluck's government while the red shirt wants Yingluck (aka
Thaksin's puppet) to be in control.

This military coup is the whole purpose of the yellow shirt's protest, they want
to overthrow Yingluck's government while the red shirt wants Yingluck (aka
Thaksin's puppet) to be in control.

I didnt know that yelowshirts had army support. I thought while the shirts were headbutting each other, the military took neutral position.
Yellows shirts were probably afraid of more drastic actions from redshirts after removal of Yingluck, so they had the military take control of the situation?

The military has always sided with the yellow shirt for the last decade, hence
2006 and 2014 coups against Thaksin's side.

Redshirts? Yellowshirts? I didn't know Star Trek was so popular in Thailand - I bet this whole mess was started over the whole Kirk vs Picard debate, right?

Seems like the natural cycle of the country. That's like the 12th coup inside the last 100 years?

Thailand gonna Thailand. I dont know why they even bother making a parliament anymore. Military should just set up a junta. Wouldnt have to overthrow it every couple years.

Redshirts? Yellowshirts? I didn't know Star Trek was so popular in Thailand - I bet this whole mess was started over the whole Kirk vs Picard debate, right?

Jesus Jumped up Christ keep your voice down, you trying to start a rumble?

Kirk via first round TKO, within the first 2 minutes.

would be news in most countries but its basically normality in thailand.

Damn again.

Last time it was a popular coup but this time there seems to be two very large divided factions. If the military are backing one side you're gonna bet the other side won't like them doing it this time. In any case, whoever wins, China wins. Such is the cycle of Asia.

How I wish Payak was here to fill us in.

The guy who pretended he was a pro Thai fighter living in Thailand but actually turned out to be some fat white guy living in Norway or some shit?

The guy who pretended he was a pro Thai fighter living in Thailand but actually turned out to be some fat white guy living in Norway or some shit?

Haha, yea. He was Aussie though.

Back