Countries with the Best Food

Personally, I don't find Chinese cuisine to be as flavorful (some of the flavors are just plain weird) as the other cuisines I mentioned.I understand Chinese cuisine is very territorial so it's going to differ from region to region.

Compared to Chinese food, Korean food has much better meat dishes. I love bulgogi, spicy pork, and pretty much any meat you can find at a KBBQ. Their marinades are second to none.I also love gimbap, kimchi, and most, if not all, of their side dishes.

Thai cuisine has better curries, drinks, and stir-fry dishes.

I prefer Viet soups to most Chinese soups I've had. I also love their rice dishes.

I wouldn't say I'm an Asian food connoisseur but from the Chinese food I've tasted, I wouldn't say they're #1.

Can you say that is authentic Korean, or isn't that not more Neuvo, or Neo Korean? Meaning, something that they just came out with to either improve upon their traditional fair, or just something they want to market and make money with.

There are plenty of spicy dishes in Chinese cuisine. I am sure there is a similar sauce to bulgogi and other marinades. Sweetness is a basic taste found in most cuisines.

Also all the Southeast Asian cuisines like Thai, Vietnamese are heavily influenced by Chinese cuisine.

French
Italian
Thai

Whoever said Portuguese is right. Great sea food

i remember 10 years ago the music magazines were pushing this guy and were all saying he was going to be big here. boy were they wrong. last time anyone talked about british rap here.

Ill wrek u bruv

521F1FA5-DE28-4333-935C-3BC7B6CB0174-669-00000057782AC795_zps611cad93.jpg

I don't like Greek food where I live, but food in Greece is amazing. I was there 10 days and I gained 10 pounds.

Also this might sound strange but I really enjoyed junk food in Scotland. Those fuckers will deep fry anything.

I wonder how many people who say SE Asia has the best food, has actually been there. If you eat what the locals who have no money do, you might be surprised.

Exactly. I am thinking most of these people have only tried ethnic fair or fare whatever, in the USA. And most likely those southeast Asians restaurants are operated by Chinese. In fact, the southeast Asian cuisine they are all referring to really should be lumped into a category of Chinese cuisine.

Japan because of that ramen. Mexico for obvious reasons. Last the USA, because we do have very, very good food from everywhere.

this thread is supposed to be about fast food, not general cuisine

What kind of fast food chains does Italy have?

I think USA, the birth place of fast food, has the birth right to claim best fast food in the world.

How you gonna beat Wendys, Jack in the Box, Blimpie (when they was around), KFC, Papa Johns, Wingzone,

I think USA, the birth place of fast food, has the birth right to claim best fast food in the world.

How you gonna beat Wendys, Jack in the Box, Blimpie (when they was around), KFC, Papa Johns, Wingzone,

Even fast food, the US doesn't win . If you go to Thailand, they have food that is served in minutes, that destroy m Donalds. Our fast food is trash in comparison.

OP says nothing about fast food.

Even fast food, the US doesn't win . If you go to Thailand, they have food that is served in minutes, that destroy m Donalds. Our fast food is trash in comparison.

Are we not distinguishing fast food and street food.

As a country Singapore has the best food. Hands down.

All of those originate with the Chinese who settled there. Even the sandwich. Well, it was copied from the French, but it was Chinese who ripped them off.

these are recognized as Vietnamese dishes, not Chinese - and because something is influenced by someone else, does it make it less legitimate?

these are recognized as Vietnamese dishes, not Chinese - and because something is influenced by someone else, does it make it less legitimate?

No, but with the amount of influence and similarity, is it fair to claim it is better?

I wonder how many people who say SE Asia has the best food, has actually been there. If you eat what the locals who have no money do, you might be surprised.

You can say that about any country.

Back