Countries with the Best Food

If I had to pick one country with the best food, I'd probably go Thai; their combination of sweet, spicy, sour and savory is the best in the world in my opinion, their chilies are second to none, and even within Thailand there are many types of awesome regional cuisine.

IMG_1855.JPG

To be fair though, pretty much all of Southeast Asia has amazing food.

I wonder how many people who say SE Asia has the best food, has actually been there. If you eat what the locals who have no money do, you might be surprised.

China doesn't even have the top Asian cuisine. Korean, Thai, Japanese, and even Vietnamese are all better. Before anyone mentions anything, I'm well aware of authentic Chinese food.

But have you ever tried authen...wait nevermind.

I recentely tried Thai food, with some vegetables i had never even heard of. It was freaking amazing, instantly cracked my top fav foods. should try other dishes thou.

Texas. It has Southern (those breakfasts!), Tex-Mex, BBQ, and Cajun. All perfected in Texas if not exactly conceived in Texas (other than Tex Mex I guess).

I'm a Philly boy so maybe Philly. A lot to be said for Cheesesteaks, hoagies, strombolis, water ice, Tastykakes, Root Beer, Scrapple, and Yuengling.

USA has the most immigrants from the most places, so you can get any kind of food from anywhere here from authentic to knock-off and everywhere in between so US gets my vote. I do like food in Morocco though.

My favorite meal was when I was on Tatooine and it was fomented Rancor penis.

Tastes like chicken.

Texas. It has Southern (those breakfasts!), Tex-Mex, BBQ, and Cajun. All perfected in Texas if not exactly conceived in Texas

First off, Texas isn't a country. Secondly, Cajun food was conceived and perfected in Louisiana.

I wonder how many people who say SE Asia has the best food, has actually been there. If you eat what the locals who have no money do, you might be surprised.

completely agree, traditional thai food is way overated imo, I was there last year and the food that all the locals eat was disappointing, all the meat was overcooked, a lot of it was under-seasoned, the food is left out in the 30+ degree heat all day and regularly gives you an upset stomach, and is served at luke warm temperature. all this plus the crazy amount of msg they add to everything.

it wasn't all bad some dishes i really enjoyed, the soup broths were really flavoursome and well made, among other things.

i'm surprised no one has mentioned french cuisine yet, my top 3 would be french, italian, indian.

Thai
Cajun (US Louisiana)
Brazilian

Runner up : indian

Also American BBQ should get some recognition. Its taken fucking serious in the south and Midwest and its Damn good.

completely agree, traditional thai food is way overated imo, I was there last year and the food that all the locals eat was disappointing, all the meat was overcooked, a lot of it was under-seasoned, the food is left out in the 30+ degree heat all day and regularly gives you an upset stomach, and is served at luke warm temperature. all this plus the crazy amount of msg they add to everything.

it wasn't all bad some dishes i really enjoyed, the soup broths were really flavoursome and well made, among other things.

i'm surprised no one has mentioned french cuisine yet, my top 3 would be french, italian, indian.

I was there last year too and had the opposite experience. The food was flawless. Were you in Bangkok? City food is shit, but in the rural areas you can get incredible meals on every corner.

[YT]eo5EXmhz01E[/YT]

Chicken Tikka Pathia fo'lyfe.

i remember 10 years ago the music magazines were pushing this guy and were all saying he was going to be big here. boy were they wrong. last time anyone talked about british rap here.

First off, Texas isn't a country. Secondly, Cajun food was conceived and perfected in Louisiana.

Texas is LIKE a country. Just ask them.

As for Cajun food being perfected in Texas I'd say ask the tens of thousands of Cajuns in East Texas. They'd probably say it's just as good there as in Louisiana. Personally I thought it was!

Ethiopian
USA
Italy

Honorable mention: Mexico

Back