Countries with the Best Food

french cheeses r great, il give u that but there something magical about parmesan reggiano or grana padano (a sophisticated crumbly sweetness)

but my last meal would def be sushi served by jiro ono
i know overpriced & overrated sushi

I love me some Reggiano. I could nuggets of it like peanuts.

Comt

Wait - peiople are saying the US because of the variety of food from other countries but i get called out on this for Singapore? LOL.

Singapore is unbelievable for the food that is available.

I didn't mean to call anyone (or Singapore) out; I just really wanted to use that Led Zeppelin reference for lolzies

[Zep fan reporting in]

Definitely not England. Can only eat so much fish n' chips

BEST
Mexican
Chinese
Italian

WORST
Indian
Indian
Indian

I always like Indian food in my country. The very first time I started loving them is when I went to Babina India for my military training. Army food have always be shit throughout my 2 years of service. But when I got there, almost every single meal they served in India military was dope to everyone surprise. Can you imagine military food being Good?

I'm the type of person that dislike Tofu, Beans, Baguette because I find them "tasteless". There was a breakfast on one of the days, that they served Indian Naan. It looked so plain and I thought it will be tasteless.

IMGP3803+copy.jpg

The Naan tasted wooohooo. I'm not a breakfast guy as well and I had 2 servings of them. Even my camp mates find it surprising, they keep telling others I'm extra hungry that day.

Sometimes, food served in their own country really taste a whole world of different from those in your local restaurants. Not necessary tastier because those sold locally are changed to suit locals taste buds specifically anyway. But some food HAVE to be eaten in their own country. Indian food is one of them, especially people that loves SPICES, humble opinion.

Last edited:
I've had churrascaria and feijoada, good stuff. Even tried chicken hearts at the churrascaria place, not bad

Had some bbq chicken hearts made by my step dad before. Delicious.

I always like Indian food in my country. The very first time I started loving them is when I went to Babina India for my military training. Army food have always be shit throughout my 2 years of service. But when I got there, almost every single meal they served in India military was dope to everyone surprise. Can you imagine military food being Good?

I'm the type of person that dislike Tofu, Beans, Baguette because I find them "tasteless". There was a breakfast on one of the days, that they served Indian Naan. It looked so plain and I thought it will be tasteless.

IMGP3803+copy.jpg

The Naan tasted wooohooo. I'm not a breakfast guy as well and I had 2 servings of them. Even my camp mates find it surprising, they keep telling others I'm extra hungry that day.

Sometimes, food served in their own country really taste a whole world of different from those in your local restaurants. Not necessary tastier because those sold locally are changed to suit locals taste buds specifically anyway. But some food HAVE to be eaten in their own country. Indian food is one of them, especially people that loves SPICES, humble opinion.

My nieces love indian food too. They found it shocking that I hated it. I had it on three occasions. A restaurant, a friends house who is indian, and a wedding and wasn't impressed at all. I just don't like the spices they use. Doesn't sit well in the stomache either.

three occasions, no wonder you put India 3 times. :icon_chee

Yeah, I guess I can understand some people can't stomach the spices.

Definitely not England. Can only eat so much fish n' chips

time to defend england. every1 keeps saying english food is very bland (& it is in a way) but for the most part they r hearty and rich

beef wellington (english beef en croute)

beef-wellington-recipe-gordon-ramsay-plate.jpg

shepherds pies

shepherd-pie.jpg

fish & chips

FISH%20CHIPS.jpg

also haggis for that bold flavors

haggis-strange-food.jpg

I'm the type of person that dislike Tofu, Beans, Baguette because I find them "tasteless". There was a breakfast on one of the days, that they served

Tofu is amazing!!!!!!!!!!! granted on its own it doesnt have much of a flavor but the texture is amazing when enhanced with flavors from other things like pepper, garlic, onions, soy sauce, ect

bean curd omg, the chinese have done wonders w) it

fried tofu (dat stinky tofu is really good 2)

crispy-tofu-recipe16.jpg

black pepper tofu

BlackPepperTofu_520top.jpg

My parents always tell me how sweet rice taste, how Tofu/Bean curd taste nice because it have the beany taste. I never get that, just like I never get the Sushi raw fish sweetness discussed earlier. I'm a guy that like extreme flavoring for cooked food. That's why I love spices and voted Indian food as my 3rd choice for this thread. Less beef and seafood of course. :D

Out of those you posted, I like Mapo Tofu, because of the minced meat and spicy paste. Not the beancurd. ^^ But I must say the beancurd in that dish soften the spiciness of it which enrich the taste though.

Also, if you love Tofu and visit SE Asia, try Tahu Goreng.

tahu+goreng.jpg

It's fried tofu with sweet chilli paste, peanut powder, bean sprout and sometimes lime juice. Everything of it spells Thai appetizers but it's a Malay cuisine.

My parents always tell me how sweet rice taste, how Tofu/Bean curd taste nice because it have the beany taste. I never get that, just like I never get the Sushi raw fish sweetness discussed earlier. I'm a guy that like extreme flavoring for cooked food. That's why I love spices and voted Indian food as my 3rd choice for this thread. Less beef and seafood of course. :D

Out of those you posted, I like Mapo Tofu, because of the minced meat and spicy paste. Not the beancurd. ^^ But I must say the beancurd in that dish soften the spiciness of it which enrich the taste though.

Also, if you love Tofu and visit SE Asia, try Tahu Goreng.

tahu+goreng.jpg

It's fried tofu with sweet chilli paste, peanut powder, bean sprout and sometimes lime juice. Everything of it spells Thai appetizers but it's a Malay cuisine.

i love that stuff. i either get that or fried blue crab as an appetizer

but for tofu its the texture. majority of white ppl dont like tofu b/c they have an ignorant view that its only for vegans and i guess asians. theyve prob only tried tofu by itself with no flavoring so the lack of flavors prob disgusts their already negative views on tofu

tofu when mixed with other flavoring gives a texture that compliments dishes very well.

Back