**Could GSP earn 20 million a fight to return to the UFC**

The million dollar matches are not that far away but I don't see Dana or Lorenzo signing off on a multimillion dollar contract to a returning former champ and you don't truly know where he's at in fight performance...

You really think double the people are going to be a ppv just because its his comeback fight?

He was gone for over a year several times over his career and this never happened before.

I think it has more to do with the other fighters on the card, than it solely being GSPs comeback.

IE, Brock Lesnars comeback, GSPs comeback, and CM Punk debut all on one card could break the record.....but GSP alone, not a chance.

It wouldn't have to double it to sell the most. GSP biggest sell was 950k 1.6 would do it. And with the right fight and a good card I could see it. Lets say CM is at 170 wins 4 fights and they pair them it would. Like I said it would need to be the right fight.

The only way to get paid like that is to handpick opponents and constantly duck Manny Pacquiao.

It wouldn't have to double it to sell the most. GSP biggest sell was 950k 1.6 would do it. And with the right fight and a good card I could see it. Lets say CM is at 170 wins 4 fights and they pair them it would. Like I said it would need to be the right fight.

me I rounded. I thought his highest was 900k and to beat 1.6, you need 1.7

basically double. Either way....pulling an extra 650k-1million viewers isn't gonna happen with GSP headling the card.

me I rounded. I thought his highest was 900k and to beat 1.6, you need 1.7

basically double. Either way....pulling an extra 650k-1million viewers isn't gonna happen with GSP headling the card.

Depending on the other fighter the scenario I gave would do it. Also if Silva blasts Diaz could come close with the right co. Think about this Rory has the belt The UFC convinces them to fight Main event UFC 200. I know I am reaching but I did say it had to be the right fight.

There isn't a fight out there where they could justify any type of revenue cut to pay GSP 20 mil. Maybe 8-10 mil vs a prime pre-Weidman Andy or a just the the hell of it superfight with Jones.

GSP's comeback against an "undisputed WW Champ" or Anderson, depending on his streak could draw the biggest numbers ever.

Depending on the other fighter the scenario I gave would do it. Also if Silva blasts Diaz could come close with the right co. Think about this Rory has the belt The UFC convinces them to fight Main event UFC 200. I know I am reaching but I did say it had to be the right fight.

You're crazy if you think GSP v Rory touches 1.6 million. That fight would have the most boring prefight videos in the history of mma. It would be a bunch of ass kissing each other and no controversy.

GSP wont be the headliner on a 1.6 million card. He would have to be co-main to brock, with ronda and cm punk behind him. GSP simply doesn't have 1.6 mil drawing power as evidenced by the 10-12 ppvs he's headlined. Theres no data to suggest that he magically pulls a 1.6 simply for having a long layoff.

Do you think Dana and Lorenzo would lay down championship boxing coin to coax the WW goat out of indefinite leave and compete again for the UFC? Surely a business that's worth over a billion dollars could pay this to their former star. I'd suggest a GSP return fight would be the biggest selling and highest grossing ppv in UFC history.

mj-laughing.gif

Agreed but his style is going to bring any new fans or increased PPV's imo.

Yea but it's up to his opponents also. Carlos Condit and Hendricks fight were good because those guys brought it to him. The rest of the guys were just happy to survive five rounds.

You're crazy if you think GSP v Rory touches 1.6 million. That fight would have the most boring prefight videos in the history of mma. It would be a bunch of ass kissing each other and no controversy.

GSP wont be the headliner on a 1.6 million card. He would have to be co-main to brock, with ronda and cm punk behind him. GSP simply doesn't have 1.6 mil drawing power as evidenced by the 10-12 ppvs he's headlined. Theres no data to suggest that he magically pulls a 1.6 simply for having a long layoff.

True about the lead up but who wouldn't want to watch that? and if it is his comeback fight it ads a lot to it. You are not talking the comeback into account at all.

True about the lead up but who wouldn't want to watch that? and if it is his comeback fight it ads a lot to it. You are not talking the comeback into account at all.

I'm not sure there is anything out there that suggests that Rory is a draw.

He simply doesn't have the it factor....in fact, he pretty much has the opposite of the it factor.

I most certainly am taking the lay off into account. I already stated that GSP has had 1+ year layoffs before and his comeback fight then didn't magically do abnormally high numbers.

GSP headlining in his comeback fight doesn't even do over 1 million in this state of PPV. Feel free to bookmark and bump this if it does happen.

There isn't a fight out there where they could justify any type of revenue cut to pay GSP 20 mil. Maybe 8-10 mil vs a prime pre-Weidman Andy or a just the the hell of it superfight with Jones.

Would watch

who the hell said this?

i see no articles saying anything like that.

Lol at giving away all the PPV revenue.

plus i don't don't even think floyd/manny does 1.6 mill

20 million? Hell no. He would be lucky to get 10 mill including sponsors.

Back