**Could GSP earn 20 million a fight to return to the UFC**

Gsp said his income was around 10 million when he was champ including sponsors.

It was on some talk show.

What GSP asking for 20 million would look like
Dr-Evil.jpg

Do you think Dana and Lorenzo would lay down championship boxing coin to coax the WW goat out of indefinite leave and compete again for the UFC? Surely a business that's worth over a billion dollars could pay this to their former star. I'd suggest a GSP return fight would be the biggest selling and highest grossing ppv in UFC history.

This is just stupid. They can't afford to pay $10 million much less 20. About $5 million per fight is absolute max.

I wasn't talking out of my ass. Lesnar headlined the biggest ppv in history and his fights with Carwin/Cain did better than almost all GSP fights. But like I said, you brought up a great point that Brock's value would have started to go down since he started losing, which you made obvious by posting the revised Overeem/Lesnar numbers which I had never seen, I'll eat some crow on this one but dont' act like I was completely talking about of my ass and then insult me for no reason by calling me an asshat. I know you are better than that.

To be fair GSP was co and the card was stacked. UFC 100 was also a really big deal for everyone.

Why would someone whose fights are as forgettable as GSP get paid 20 m USD per fight?

Leading up to that card I was actually more interested in GSP/Alves than I was Mir/Lesnar, hadn't become a huge Mir fan yet.

Most MMA fans were. Is was the cross overs the were there for Brock. It would be interesting to know Brock's best number without GSP . Then compare that to GSP's without Brock on the card. Neither did 1,000,000 buys on their own.

20? nope, but i think he could make at least 5-6 between salary,ppv bonus,sponsors and maybe a locker room bonus.

nah those kinda paydays are exclusively for dana white, still the fertittas are laughing at that amount of course they could pay that some ufc events rival boxing events in ppv buys yet mma fighters get paid shit

20? nope, but i think he could make at least 5-6 between salary,ppv bonus,sponsors and maybe a locker room bonus.

He already does. How he can walk away from that when he still has 5 fights left in him is crazy!

True, at that point I actually hadn't watched wrestling since the late 90s, early 00s. I actually got back into wrestling as soon as Brock went back, I wonder if they consider me a cross over fan.
Probably. I was wrong Cain vs Brock did 1.mil. All those WWE fans went running as soon as Brock lost.

He already does. How he can walk away from that when he still has 5 fights left in him is crazy!

he was on the game for almost 12 years, had 27 fights and probably did enough money for his grandsons. His knees are shot, not like Shogun but still.

Back