**Could GSP earn 20 million a fight to return to the UFC**

Just say they do a mil at sixty a pop. That's 60 mil if it's in Vegas 3 mil gate. I think there would be some left over for profit. It would have to be the right fight though.

i dunno about that. i'm not the most well informed on the PPV business model (i ain't 'murican, bruh) but i've read shit like cable takes half, then the broadcaster takes a cut. all that after salaries, marketing and all other expenses were paid for before the fact. will $33m cover broadcaster fees, GSP's 20mil, the other stuff and still leave at least a dollar net profit?

i dunno about that. i'm not the most well informed on the PPV business model (i ain't 'murican, bruh) but i've read shit like cable takes half, then the broadcaster takes a cut. all that after salaries, marketing and all other expenses were paid for before the fact. will $33m cover broadcaster fees, GSP's 20mil, the other stuff and still leave at least a dollar net profit?

Yes I forgot about the cable net works it is 40% in Canada.

GSP buys were more then 600k. Diaz GSP was 950k, Hendricks 630k and condit 700k. That puts him well above 600k average.

The math doesn't work out for paying 20 million a card much less 20 million just for GSP.

Let's say they get 700k consistently with GSP and everyone buys the HD version. That's roughly 700,000 * 60 = 42 million.

Cable companies providing the PPV get 50% right off the top. Now you're down to $21 million minus paying other fighters minus promotion and advertising minus production costs, etc.

The only offset being whatever you can make at the gate (usually 3-5 million).

Those kinds of salaries are just not happening unless someone proves they are a consistent 1 million+ PPV draw.

He already ducked the Anderson fight.

You are new. Go back watch the Maia silva fight GSP was there to challenge Silva. Silva shit the bed and Dana called it off. Don't believe me Watch the post fight presser. Now go away.

Why in the world would the UFC set a 20 million dollar payout? That is a horrible precedent to set from their perspective.

The math doesn't work out for paying 20 million a card much less 20 million just for GSP.

Let's say they get 700k consistently with GSP and everyone buys the HD version. That's roughly 700,000 * 60 = 42 million.

Cable companies providing the PPV get 50% right off the top. Now you're down to $21 million minus paying other fighters minus promotion and advertising minus production costs, etc.

The only offset being whatever you can make at the gate (usually 3-5 million).

Those kinds of salaries are just not happening unless someone proves they are a consistent 1 million+ PPV draw.
Yeah it is 40% here in Canada and ppv hd 59.99 plus tax.

You are new. Go back watch the Maia silva fight GSP was there to challenge Silva. Silva shit the bed and Dana called it off. Don't believe me Watch the post fight presser. Now go away.

It's not worth the effort man.

I don't remember a war. I remember a one sided beating, a gift decision and someone quitting post fight.

You can't kick a guys ass for 2 rounds out of 5 and think you have won. It is scored rnd by rnd dummy.

No chance, not while Lawler is reigning Champion. Robbie would finish what Hendricks couldn't do.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

I dont think UFC will ever pay anyone 20 million for one fight

If we are just tossing numbers out of our asses, I'm going with 1 billion dollas!!!!

If it is the right fight it would be the highest selling ppv ever. Is this your troll account or did you get banned and this is your new account?

You really think double the people are going to be a ppv just because its his comeback fight?

He was gone for over a year several times over his career and this never happened before.

I think it has more to do with the other fighters on the card, than it solely being GSPs comeback.

IE, Brock Lesnars comeback, GSPs comeback, and CM Punk debut all on one card could break the record.....but GSP alone, not a chance.

Everyone apart from GSP, some useless judges and a heap of Canadians knows that he lost that fight.

Johnny I mean Jimmy you I mean he lost 3 out of 5 rnds. Now did you go back and watch the presser to see Dana call off the super fight due to Silva shitting the bed? Or do you just like looking stupid.

Back