**Could GSP earn 20 million a fight to return to the UFC**

Jon Stark

King in the North
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you think Dana and Lorenzo would lay down championship boxing coin to coax the WW goat out of indefinite leave and compete again for the UFC? Surely a business that's worth over a billion dollars could pay this to their former star. I'd suggest a GSP return fight would be the biggest selling and highest grossing ppv in UFC history.

no but i bet they would give him a raise just not 20 mill.....but i hope im wrong lol

No chance, not while Lawler is reigning Champion. Robbie would finish what Hendricks couldn't do.

Kimbo Slice and Borck Lazer are the biggest draws in history and not even they would have ever received even close to 20m a fight.

If I am not wrong he was doing 4-5 million per fight including sponsors

Kimbo Slice and Borck Lazer are the biggest draws in history and not even they would have ever received even close to 20m a fight.

Kimbo's biggest payday was $500k. I don't think even Anderson money comes that close, so GSP money won't come anywhere near $20 million. I don't think the UFC has that kind of cash anyway. The company may be worth billions, but that doesn't mean its liquid funds available to throw at fighters. They'd have to give him ownership in the company to pay him that much.

Well of course, GSP had way more fights, obvious logic is obvious.

So if its only who sold most fights on a single night then GSP < Lesnar < McGregor <<<<<< Kimbo.

Lesner would not have sold as much after he started losing. GSP never started losing.

I wonder if/when he comes back if they have him fight in the Olympic Stadium in Montreal.

60k+ and it would definitely sell out even if he was the only fight on the card.

Bork Chestnar was the biggest draw in UFC history, not GSP. And Bork didn't and never will get 20 million to fight. GSP is a solid 600k+ guy. Bork is a solid 800k+ everytime. Don't forget who was headlining UFC 100, it wasn't GSP. GSP would be lucky to sniff 10 million.

GSP buys were more then 600k. Diaz GSP was 950k, Hendricks 630k and condit 700k. That puts him well above 600k average.

Bork Chestnar was the biggest draw in UFC history, not GSP. And Bork didn't and never will get 20 million to fight. GSP is a solid 600k+ guy. Bork is a solid 800k+ everytime. Don't forget who was headlining UFC 100, it wasn't GSP. GSP would be lucky to sniff 10 million.

Didn't his fight with Overeem draw like 400k?

So if its only who sold most fights on a single night then GSP < Lesnar < McGregor <<<<<< Kimbo.

Lesner would not have sold as much after he started losing. GSP never started losing.

Are you counting the free fights as buys?

I wonder if/when he comes back if they have him fight in the Olympic Stadium in Montreal.

60k+ and it would definitely sell out even if he was the only fight on the card.

Dude of you knew about that stadium you wouldn't even ask.

Nah, I know what I'm talking about. Lesnar > GSP when it comes to ppv buys, unless you add them all up which obviously isn't fair to Brock. But I agree with the other guy that said Brocks' would have went down because he started losing, that was a fair point. Much love brother.

Sometimes yes. But GSP Diaz sold better then Brock Reem did. After seeing the post a few bellow GSP's last 3 fights out Sold Brock's last fight. You fail.

Rustled some GSP fan boys jimmies in here, always nice to see.

You mean you where talking out of your ass and have been caught red handed. Thats ok trying to sell this as some kind of moral victory makes you seem quite the asshot now, doesn't it?

Back