**Could GSP earn 20 million a fight to return to the UFC**

plus i don't don't even think floyd/manny does 1.6 mill

The ceiling for Floyd/Pac would be around 3 million, possibly even more. There would be very little chance that it wouldn't break 2 million. Floyd/Canelo did 2.2 million, after all.

Probably 6-8million. A guy like Anderson, GSP and even Jones have done around 800k+ - With PPV cuts they are likely clearing between 3-6 Million for those big fights.

No MMA fighter will ever even make 10 mil a fight let a lone 20. Dumb thread.

The ceiling for Floyd/Pac would be around 3 million, possibly even more. There would be very little chance that it wouldn't break 2 million. Floyd/Canelo did 2.2 million, after all.

That would be a 60mill + fight for Floyd.

Pac earns more than that and does comparable numbers. Guys like GSP and Brock have been screwed out of tens of millions.

dude could potentially make close to 100 mil for the fight after all is said and done

Arum was saying Mayweather would make $150 million in a recent interview. It will definitely be like $120 at the very least, that is if he takes the fight.

That would be a 60mill + fight for Floyd.

Floyd already made anywhere from 75-100 million against Canelo (depending on the source). There is actually a decent chance that a fight against Pacquiao wouldn't be his biggest payday even if it were to sell around 3 million. If they sold around 3 million, the pot would probably be 130-150 million (we did rough math on this in the boxing forum getting to this number and we could be rather wrong, so take this with a grain of salt). If the split were 60/40 in Floyd's favour (which it sounds like it will be if the fight is made), he'll make 78-90 million which falls right in with what he made against Canelo, and that's assuming some pretty good numbers. There was talk about Floyd taking home 100 million and Pac taking home 80 million if the fight was financed by an oil baron from Abu Dhabi (the fight would also take place there), but that was likely a bullshit offer as the fight would lose a lot of money if it had to pay out that much in salary.

dude could potentially make close to 100 mil for the fight after all is said and done

60 Mill as in guaranteed before PPV numbers are even out. That fight would be huge. Floyd would probably run through the 100 mill within two years as well lol.

Dude better make some good coin promoting after he's retired otherwise he'll be the highest earning sports star to ever go bankrupt since Tyson.

Arum was saying Mayweather would make $150 million in a recent interview. It will definitely be like $120 at the very least, that is if he takes the fight.

That seems way too high to me. I don't see where the money would come from if that's how much he'd make with a 60/40 split (that's assuming 250 million to allocate between him and Pacquiao; Canelo and Mayweather had about 100 million tops to allocate between each other). That would mean that this fight would have to generate more than 2.5x more than the Canelo fight.

That seems way too high to me. I don't see where the money would come from if that's how much he'd make with a 60/40 split (that's assuming 250 million to allocate between him and Pacquiao; Canelo and Mayweather had about 100 million tops to allocate between each other). That would mean that this fight would have to generate more than 2.5x more than the Canelo fight.

Yeah, I didn't calculate anything. I definitely don't see it anywhere near to 150.

The PPV will be very expensive and they are looking to double the gate record, so i think he gets over 100.

Yeah, I didn't calculate anything. I definitely don't see it anywhere near to 150.

The PPV will be very expensive and they are looking to double the gate record, so i think he gets over 100.

He could break 100 million at 60/40, but it would require pretty huge numbers (breaking 3 million at least $80 SD/$90 HD per buy, for example). It's possible, though. There is a ton of money in this fight and I have no idea what it would do in terms of foreign TV rights and so on. I think it's more likely that he would get a roughly similar amount to what he got against Canelo, though (he had something like a 90/10 or 85/15 split with Canelo).

so... just because a company has plenty of money... they should overpay their employees??

don't start a business ts... it will go down like a liver kicked brock

How dare you speak business logic on Sherdog my friend. :wink:

The actual amount retards on here posting shit is astronomical. Amazing how many fat guys living in basement suites eating Ichiban noodles for dinner (you know who you are) have opinions on how to run billion dollar companies.

They don't understand the UFC shares half the PPV revenue with the Cable provider. Then they pay millions in marketing costs upfront to promote the event, pay for the venue, insurance, plus all the operating costs of running a billion dollar company.

GSP probably made as much or more off endorsements for each fight as he did from the purse because he understood the other part of his job is to create a public persona that provided him with other opportunities to make money outside of the cage.

I can see GSP making $10 million combined between the fight purse and endorsements to come back to the UFC but $20 million is probably pushing it.

Do you think Dana and Lorenzo would lay down championship boxing coin to coax the WW goat out of indefinite leave and compete again for the UFC? Surely a business that's worth over a billion dollars could pay this to their former star. I'd suggest a GSP return fight would be the biggest selling and highest grossing ppv in UFC history.

I expected an article breaking down some revenue-split options and similar numbers illustrating how GSP could make 20million for a fight.

Instead it is a random number out of some guy's ass based on the intangible worth of the UFC.

Professional MMA fighters aren't worth Mayweather money, period.

If Floyd and Manny leave boxing, who else is there? Boxing will take a big revenue cut.

If Jones and Cain leave MMA, MMA will make close to the same amount. MMA is more about the top 10-15 fighters in the world and built on a good mid tier selection too.

Back